You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby BayernLove » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:21 pm

Point ratified. I don't think we'll talk about a 27 year old as a "future" replacement for a 28 year old, will we?
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
User avatar
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: Kuwait
National Flag:
Jordan
Has thanked: 1922 times
Been thanked: 699 times
Gender: Male

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby AvatarX » Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 am

IMO Rafinha is good and should be consider as option if not as RB, at least as LB.
He did some mistakes, as Lahm did - but we are more forgettable in Lahm's mistake I guess.

Anyway, for me he is way better then Contento will ever be, or than Badstuber is as LB (I thought we are done with this failed experiment after the match vs ManU and the show of Valencia against him, but alas, we didn't). Right now, with Alaba injured I would like to test him as LB (he has played there) than have Badstuber or Contento there.

Anyway this is my personal opinion, I know that many of you might disagree because Contento is "our product", but that doesn't mean that he is good enough.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
User avatar
AvatarX
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7986
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:42 pm
Location: Metaverse
National Flag:
Anonymous
Has thanked: 754 times
Been thanked: 886 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby dambun » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:25 am

Despite the fact that Rafinha has disappointed me time and again, I agree that we should consider him for the LB position once he is considered fully-fit... because both Alaba and Contento are injured and i don't want to see Badstuber as LB... that's a disaster, from the point of attacking/combinational football!

I also thought we were past using Badstuber as LB, but I guess JH had no choice against Stuttgart... with Alaba, Contento, Rafinha all being injured, the only remaining choices were Gustavo and Badstuber (Can is inexperienced in the league... it's not fair to him or to us to use him as a LB starter... we all remember LvG's experiences with Alaba, right?)

Between Gustavo and Badstuber, I think JH made the right choice, because we needed a ball-winning CDM against Stuttgart (Tymo is nowhere near him IMO)... So JH had no option but to use Baddy as LB...

But what I don't get is that why is JLo using him as LB.... this is just unbelievable...

p.s. I correct/contradict myself... even JH shouldn't have used Badstuber as LB... he should have used Boateng as LB instead...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
User avatar
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5281
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:05 am
Location: Tehran, Iran
National Flag:
Iran
Has thanked: 862 times
Been thanked: 377 times
Gender: Male

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:13 pm

AvatarX wrote:IMO Rafinha is good and should be consider as option if not as RB, at least as LB.
He did some mistakes, as Lahm did - but we are more forgettable in Lahm's mistake I guess.

Anyway, for me he is way better then Contento will ever be, or than Badstuber is as LB (I thought we are done with this failed experiment after the match vs ManU and the show of Valencia against him, but alas, we didn't). Right now, with Alaba injured I would like to test him as LB (he has played there) than have Badstuber or Contento there.

Anyway this is my personal opinion, I know that many of you might disagree because Contento is "our product", but that doesn't mean that he is good enough.

I disagree about Contento. I think he is great and will only become better.

Rafinha is better than Badstuber as LB though. I also prefer playing him instead of moving Boateng, unless Boateng is gonna sit on the bench anyway. He is not as bad as some make him out to be. In fact I was excited about his performances early in he season.

dambun wrote:p.s. I correct/contradict myself... even JH shouldn't have used Badstuber as LB... he should have used Boateng as LB instead...

Exactly. It would've been the same lineup but with them switching positions.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31551
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8898 times
Been thanked: 7508 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby BayernLove » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:57 pm

AvatarX wrote:Anyway, for me he is way better then Contento will ever be.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
User avatar
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: Kuwait
National Flag:
Jordan
Has thanked: 1922 times
Been thanked: 699 times
Gender: Male

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby AdepT » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:56 pm

BayernLove wrote:
AvatarX wrote:Anyway, for me he is way better then Contento will ever be.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:


^ same thought.
Contento is what only 22. And he's good. The guy needs playing time for gaining experience and improving.
He probably wasn't sent on loan for the fear of injuries. And Boy, do we have like the worst luck! Even he got injured. :cry:

He WILL only get better and better.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
User avatar
AdepT
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3742
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:06 am
Location: Bangalore, India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 677 times
Been thanked: 745 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby huknife » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:37 am

dambun wrote:Despite the fact that Rafinha has disappointed me time and again, I agree that we should consider him for the LB position once he is considered fully-fit... because both Alaba and Contento are injured and i don't want to see Badstuber as LB... that's a disaster, from the point of attacking/combinational football!

I also thought we were past using Badstuber as LB, but I guess JH had no choice against Stuttgart... with Alaba, Contento, Rafinha all being injured, the only remaining choices were Gustavo and Badstuber (Can is inexperienced in the league... it's not fair to him or to us to use him as a LB starter... we all remember LvG's experiences with Alaba, right?)

Between Gustavo and Badstuber, I think JH made the right choice, because we needed a ball-winning CDM against Stuttgart (Tymo is nowhere near him IMO)... So JH had no option but to use Baddy as LB...

But what I don't get is that why is JLo using him as LB.... this is just unbelievable...

p.s. I correct/contradict myself... even JH shouldn't have used Badstuber as LB... he should have used Boateng as LB instead...


Well pointed out, Gustavo did play his first few matches as LB didn't he?

I think if none of the full backs are back and match fit, and when JH feels that Martinez is ready to start, we could field Gustavo at LB. Also I personally rate Contento very highly and feel he is even the answer to the NT's problem with the full back position.

Keeping to topic though, i do feel Rafinha has a role to play to give Lahm breaks to keep his effectiveness at peak at important stages of the next 2 seasons building up to the world cup, and i do not think getting a young German player as a back up of any position is a good idea simply because we'd be hindering with the progress of a promising player.

Cheers.
User avatar
huknife
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:15 pm
Location: Maldives
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 53 times
Gender: Male

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby AvatarX » Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:51 am

huknife wrote:I think if none of the full backs are back and match fit, and when JH feels that Martinez is ready to start, we could field Gustavo at LB. Also I personally rate Contento very highly and feel he is even the answer to the NT's problem with the full back position.


He chose Italy NT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Cont ... nal_career
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
User avatar
AvatarX
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7986
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:42 pm
Location: Metaverse
National Flag:
Anonymous
Has thanked: 754 times
Been thanked: 886 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby samaj » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:59 am

I hope Rafinha gets some playing time this season, i have a feeling that he will do something special this year.
"My Heart Is Here.
My Heart Is Red." -Schweinsteiger
User avatar
samaj
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 992
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 4:53 pm
Location: Jordan
Has thanked: 59 times
Been thanked: 66 times
Gender: Male

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby MUTU » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:59 am

AvatarX wrote:
huknife wrote:I think if none of the full backs are back and match fit, and when JH feels that Martinez is ready to start, we could field Gustavo at LB. Also I personally rate Contento very highly and feel he is even the answer to the NT's problem with the full back position.


He chose Italy NT:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Cont ... nal_career

He didn't choose. He stated his preference. Had he played in that U21 match he would only be eligible to play for Germany.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31948
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5650 times
Been thanked: 8445 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby BayernLove » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:48 pm

From what I saw in the CL final Contento was all over the place (in a good way) making last ditch tackles perfectly and even headed away a few too!
I truly hope he can be the NT's solution for LB.
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
User avatar
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:25 pm
Location: Kuwait
National Flag:
Jordan
Has thanked: 1922 times
Been thanked: 699 times
Gender: Male

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby Bazi » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:00 pm

To be honest Contento wasn't challenged at all in the UCL final until the 88th minute and he didn't handle that one so well, did he?

He's certainly a solid player I give you that but by no means that great a talent.
Image
User avatar
Bazi
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1043
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:41 am
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 323 times
Gender: Male

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby Commodore » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:43 pm

From my recollection Contento did a very good job in the final. However I have seen this game only once and this will probably stay this way for a very long time. So I can't back up my claim that he was good through analysis, but I clearly remember commending him for adequately replacing Alaba and making a good effort.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
User avatar
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 918
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:41 pm
Location: GREAT LEADER™
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 276 times
Gender: Male

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby MoFattal » Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:32 pm

^ He did have a great game. BUT, unlucky for him, my main remembrance of his contribution was that sliding tackle on Torres which led to that damned corner kick. I remember it well, because I started yelling out "Oh Sh!t" when it happened :evil:
User avatar
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 11097
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:48 am
National Flag:
Lebanon
Has thanked: 2537 times
Been thanked: 2328 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Rafinha [Márcio Rafael Ferreira de Souza]

Postby AvatarX » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:01 pm

Commodore wrote:However I have seen this game only once and this will probably stay this way for a very long time.


Personally I didn't even dare to watch highlights of that damn night :evil: :evil: :evil:
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
User avatar
AvatarX
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7986
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:42 pm
Location: Metaverse
National Flag:
Anonymous
Has thanked: 754 times
Been thanked: 886 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests