You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pierre Højbjerg [Pierre Emile Højbjerg]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pierre Højbjerg [Pierre Emile Højbjerg]

Postby kod2600 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:17 am

The team is asked to be too patient with the young players but at the same time they're questioned by the fans if they don't get us another treble. Dilemma.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Achilles » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:36 am

kod2600 wrote:The team is asked to be too patient with the young players but at the same time they're questioned by the fans if they don't get us another treble. Dilemma.

That's stretch!

We picked Rode over Emre Can, why exactly? Did Rode offered anything? Not at all, is Rode a better player than Can? hardly the case.
Same thing about Hojberg, he could offer and can get some caps here, we can't expect from the 18-19 year old to behave and play like Pogba did at that age or Alaba or even Gotze at his BVB time. I prefer to have Benko promoted and become Alaba's replacement, I'd like to take that risk instead of having an average -at best- LB in name of Bernat, the same things can be provided from Benko while in the process he learns things and gets improved. I don't mean having them as starters but we can definetely afford 3 youth players to be part of our rotation having 10-15 appearrances(4 or 5 of them could be a starting role) Kimmich got his appearances under certain circumstances(many injuries) Pep didn't even know him at the first round of the season if our CBs where fit Kimmich would end up at transfer list soon enough.
Gaudino can learn under Thiago some things I don't think that Gaudino is so incapable for having 20' minutes against lower table teams, playing some minutes while we win for 3-0 already for example or having a couple of games at Cup to show if he has some skills.
We don't have a back up striker, Milos Pantovic couldn't get promoted and make some appearances while our only pure striker is Lewandowski? I think he could take some minutes even if he failed while we were winning in a game.

I'm not saying that these players are some wonderkids or anything, Bayern rarely miss on their own talents but in the past we offered them some chances to prove themselves, getting some playing minutes.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:53 am

Emre Can said that Bayern didn't want to sell him but it was him who pushed for a transfer because he wanted playing time... they need playing time, keeping them isn't enough...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:55 am

Can't blame Can. No way would he have made the EURO 2016 squad had he remained at Bayern.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:12 am

I haven't been following Hojbjerg much but it doesn't seem like he's done anything out of the ordinary at Schalke...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:13 am

Achilles wrote:We're becoming quite impatient with our youth players people, I don't like it , I don't like it at all

I don't think this is the case.
When we saw Kimmich, Alaba or even someone like Weigl with Dortmund make their first appearances, we could immediately sense how good they could turn out to be. I personnaly never had that feeling with Can or Hojbjerg, and while they remain good young players, they are not good enough for Bayern and thus they can't pretend to a regular spot.
Moreover, Bayern thinkers are aware that the club no longer produces great promising talents, hence the massive investment in the new youth academy and the aggressive strategy that consists of recruiting very young promising players, not to mention the will to poach the U19 coach of Schalke.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:37 am

Every new signing is a new obstacle for the youngsters to break in... like every new midfielder we sign is a new obstacle for Alaba's dream to feature in midfield. :P
That's why I admire LvG's time here and stubbornness to work with the youngsters... even against the board's will.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby kod2600 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:51 am

What I wrote is how I see things going between the fans and the club. I want to see our young talents get a chance and I won't cry because we failed to win another treble.
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby Dumbledore7 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:52 am

Achilles wrote:We're becoming quite impatient with our youth players people, I don't like it , I don't like it at all

He's impatient, not us. Had he not pushed for the Augsburg move he'd have developed more under Pep in the second half of 2014/15, and we'd never have needed Kimmich that way, so he'd have been the one in the Kimmich role in 2015/16. I feel sorry for him especially because of the death of his father, but it's his fault.

Achilles wrote:
kod2600 wrote:The team is asked to be too patient with the young players but at the same time they're questioned by the fans if they don't get us another treble. Dilemma.

That's stretch!

We picked Rode over Emre Can, why exactly? Did Rode offered anything? Not at all, is Rode a better player than Can? hardly the case.
Same thing about Hojberg, he could offer and can get some caps here, we can't expect from the 18-19 year old to behave and play like Pogba did at that age or Alaba or even Gotze at his BVB time. I prefer to have Benko promoted and become Alaba's replacement, I'd like to take that risk instead of having an average -at best- LB in name of Bernat, the same things can be provided from Benko while in the process he learns things and gets improved. I don't mean having them as starters but we can definetely afford 3 youth players to be part of our rotation having 10-15 appearrances(4 or 5 of them could be a starting role) Kimmich got his appearances under certain circumstances(many injuries) Pep didn't even know him at the first round of the season if our CBs where fit Kimmich would end up at transfer list soon enough.
Gaudino can learn under Thiago some things I don't think that Gaudino is so incapable for having 20' minutes against lower table teams, playing some minutes while we win for 3-0 already for example or having a couple of games at Cup to show if he has some skills.
We don't have a back up striker, Milos Pantovic couldn't get promoted and make some appearances while our only pure striker is Lewandowski? I think he could take some minutes even if he failed while we were winning in a game.

I'm not saying that these players are some wonderkids or anything, Bayern rarely miss on their own talents but in the past we offered them some chances to prove themselves, getting some playing minutes.

This can easily be debunked by the fact that Kimmich, more often than not, played a lot more 90-minute games ahead of a supposedly world class defender in Benatia. If they're good, they're good. If not, too bad.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:36 pm

Ideally Bayern would have a team in the 2nd league and all this would not be a problem.

Bayern went from being "an always good team " to top 3 in the world, this makes a big difference in the start 11. I no longer think its possible for youngsters to have a chance besides training with the pros, with the exception of that one gem who shines early enough and of course enough injuries
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:21 pm

You won't relegate in 2nd division if you promote and make 1 or 2 youth players part of your project, something like in every 3 years... I mean part, not just to sit in the bench there... things change when you give trust to players and really make them part of your plan, not just "you're part of the plan but you won't eva see the pitch". Rode did well most of the time but despite that he didn't get the minutes he deserved... So Rode didn't take anything from Can, he saved Can from the misery... let's say Can stayed and we didn't sign Rode, Can would've left this year like Rode. The Rode minutes are crap...
Signing Alonso before putting trust in some of the youngsters... says it all.
Things change with TRUST and playing time...
Sign players for 30M+ then expect our youngsters to break through... rly? :P
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby quaazi » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:54 pm

DerKaiser wrote:Ideally Bayern would have a team in the 2nd league and all this would not be a problem.

Indeed. And that's why I think our greatest failure in the past three years isn't not winning the Champions League, but the absolute stagnation we've allowed Bayern II to sink into. It makes a big difference for a young German player whether he plays against Hansa Rostock and Duisburg and Holstein Kiel and Stuttgart Kickers instead of being part of a team that loses out to Nürnberg II for christs sake.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ottackon » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:04 pm

I think Bundesliga clubs are not allowed to have their reserve teams in the 2nd division.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby quaazi » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:14 pm

They're not, which is why I listed 3. Liga teams.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ottackon » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:03 pm

That's why DFL should learn a thing or two from the Spanish football league system.
Imagine if our reserve team was part of the 2nd division, we could more easily attract the best youngsters in the world.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion