You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Philipp Lahm

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Lahm adds scoring to long list of talents

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:42 pm

20.08.2006 The video scoreboard in Bochum showed 65 minutes played when Philipp Lahm suddenly darted forward to the edge of the home penalty area. Willy Sagnol swung over a cross from the right, just a shade too high for Roy Makaay in the middle, but Lahm had stealthily taken up position and collected the ball, shifted his weight to his favoured right foot, and arrowed a drive across the face of goal into the bottom corner for Bayern's second of the day.

Lahm's first goal in his 22nd senior appearance for the club turned out a very important strike indeed, as the score stayed at 2-1 in the Reds' favour to seal a perfect start to the new campaign with maximum points from two matches.

Modesty personified

"It was a stroke of luck I got on the end of Willy's cross," the Germany international declared afterwards. "Normally it's none of my business getting that far forward, and then I was lucky that my shot found its way through six pairs of legs," he continued with an almost embarrassed smile.

After a stellar World Cup for the host nation, the Munich-born youngster rates as one of the biggest names in the German top flight. "Philipp was sensational at the World Cup, one of the truly outstanding players," general manager Uli Hoeneß enthused. Perhaps most astonishingly, Lahm's severely curtailed pre-season appears to have had little or no effect on his fitness, as he pounded away up and down the left flank and won the vast majority of his tackles.

Praise from on high

Hoeneß made no attempt to mask his admiration for the product of the club's highly-developed youth system. "I believe he's had a real boost from the positive experience of the World Cup, and we've gotten ourselves a wonderful player now," the board director declared – a player who now rates goal-scoring among his many attributes.

Source: http://www.fcbayern.de
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby podolski4life » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:57 pm

yeah, lahm is excellent right now, ever since WM. he gets better every match... and cuter :lol:
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fa » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:03 pm

mygOt, here we go again..

lets just make a Poll and decide WHO IS THE BEST LOOKING / HOTTEST PLAYERN IN THE BUNDESLIGA..

lets get it over with!! :twisted:
Belgium, World Champion in 2050 !!
fa
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:09 pm

... pity I don't play in the Bundesliga :roll:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby podolski4life » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:26 pm

dude, calm down. i was playin' when i said that about lahm. i like the players' performance more than their looks. =P although they do help...

... pity I don't play in the Bundesliga

HAHAHAHA
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby german_soccer_chic » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:20 am

podolski4life wrote:dude, calm down. i was playin' when i said that about lahm. i like the players' performance more than their looks. =P although they do help...

HAHAHAHA

really? because I find that both of those aspects are about the same on my importance rating. besides, nobody would like Becks as much if he were butt ugly. :shock:
german_soccer_chic
Getting the hang of it

Postby podolski4life » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:04 am

im gonna have to disagree with you here
talent and performance is what makes a player look good.
but then we are digressing from the topic :?
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby german_soccer_chic » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:37 am

ok i honestly i think that a player's talent is what makes them a star on the field. im serious now. when it comes rite down to it, you're not gonna get a a win if you are good looking. but i think that a lot of players are really good looking and it's enjoyable to watch them play on many different levels. :D
Bastian Schweinsteiger, Lukas Podolski, and Phillip Lahm are just so darn hot it should be a crime.
german_soccer_chic
Getting the hang of it

Postby kevh26 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:59 pm

the advantage of your line of thought (ie having hot players) is that clubs can always cash in on the marketing of them!

using beckham as the example again, how much money would real mis out on if beckham wasn't so sought after by the media!
kevh26
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby german_soccer_chic » Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:11 am

this is very true :D
Bastian Schweinsteiger, Lukas Podolski, and Phillip Lahm are just so darn hot it should be a crime.
german_soccer_chic
Getting the hang of it

Postby wanaminah » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:17 am

I love the way lahm score goal at the world cup.
wanaminah
Getting the hang of it

Postby MUTU » Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:22 am

wanaminah wrote:I love the way lahm score goal at the world cup.

That goal was just class. I think just that goal increased his market value by at least 3 million euros.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Danger » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:44 am

I think Lahm is the best left back in Europe . Lizarazu was my favorite player , but i don't think we will miss him anymore.
Danger
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MUTU » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:52 am

Yes, he's as good as Ashley Cole. However, Cole's character leaves much to be desired... as a full package I prefer Lahm... and Lahm's younger anyway ;)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby duaa_01 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:50 am

LAHM IS THE BEST HE IS M FAV PLAYER :D :)
~*~DUAA~*~
duaa_01
Hey, I'm new here!

Next

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion