You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Philipp Lahm

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:54 pm

fcb 4eva wrote:if he wants to leave i say let him go, we've got a very good replacement in Jansen anyway, dont want anyone here who doesnt want to play for us.

-------------------

FCB 4EVA :D

I second that...Having a player with no motivation/desire to play for us will have a debilitating effect on the squad. We had first hand experience of this situation during the last season because of the whining O' wen.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby xevi » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:22 pm

we have been saying all about lahm, but still there is the possibility that all would be a lie of some papers:
1. maybe lahm wants to go but i believe what bayern said: it isn't possible lahm have talked with another club before bayern. this would be the worst.

2. two days ago bayern said they haven't talked with lahm and they will talk in the future. next day we read barça and bayern agreed a price for the transfer.

maybe he only wants extend his deal and earn much more. in any case bayern should do all the possible to keep him. if we have to pay him as lucio, pay!
xevi
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:57 pm

FCBinNYC wrote:If I were Uli I'd be doing all I can to hang on to Lahm, he's got the potential to be one of the best.

In my opinion, he IS the best in his position. I'd do anything humanly possible to retain him.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby fanOfBayern » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:51 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBinNYC wrote:If I were Uli I'd be doing all I can to hang on to Lahm, he's got the potential to be one of the best.

In my opinion, he IS the best in his position. I'd do anything humanly possible to retain him.

Agreed.. But if Lahm absolutely wants to play for Barca and does not think of Bayern as a big club, then I am not sure if money is going to change is mind - which means that we'll have to cash in.
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Matakos » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:43 pm

sell lahm and sagnol.They want to go where the money is.We will find replacements for the money we cash....
Matakos
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Mirage » Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:35 pm

If he is going for that amount then that is WAY TOO CHEAP. He is worth much much more, he is one of the best in the world. What is the management playing at? raise the price tag for gods sake.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Gems » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:46 pm

i would say lahm should worth more. he is an excellent player
Gems
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Wed Dec 19, 2007 1:13 am

There are news all over the place about Man U and Liverpool courting Lahm. Apparently Fergusson really wants him and they are prepparing a good bid for him. Although I would hate to see Lahm leave, in a way it is sort of cool to see German players to start playing abroad again. It might even be good for the Mannschaft. When Germany won the 1990 WC the core players of the team (Mathaus, Brehme, Klinsmann, Voeller, Berthold) were all playing in Italy.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby BayernJ » Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:34 am

Sir Alex Ferguson will ask the Glazers for permission to go after Bayern Munich defender Philipp Lahm in January, on the heels of record profits for the club.

Even if he gets the cash to make the move, the tension created by the long transfer saga involving Owen Hargreaves could mean either the 24-year old German international stays in Munich, or we wait, and wait, and wait, and wait some more until he makes his Manchester United debut in January 2009.

Manchester United have been linked with Lahm’s backline mate Willy Sagnol for quite a while, so if they strike out on one, then why not go after the other?

http://soccerlens.com/transfer-rumours-17-12-07/4807/
BayernJ
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Finland

Philip lahm exit

Postby usermahoul » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:41 am

I heard that news also. Alex ferguson wants philip lahm for 21.5 millions dollars. ABOUT going to ASTON VILLA i am sure that this is not serious.
usermahoul
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Schweini_rules » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:28 pm

If he leaves the destination will be Barcelona and not Manchester.
FC BAYERN MUNCHEN

- "I had hoped until the end that this was just a nightmare, because Deisler is one of the best players Germany has ever had." -
Hoeness
Schweini_rules
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby draconaut » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:09 pm

AFTER that Owen episode,i dun think bayern would want to sell any player to MU.
draconaut
I'm a chatterbox!

Philipp Lahm

Postby fcb 4eva » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:55 am

With all the talk over Lahm bieng linked with Barca and Man U, what does everyone think of this and if there is any truth in the origional rumour, and whether or not Lahm actually wants to leave?
fcb 4eva
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Huggseybear31 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:47 am

Lahm is class and i would like to see him stay but if we can get top doller for him in the 18 to 20 mill range i wouldnt mind seeing him leave. im just putting that out there

We have jansen who has should alot of promise who could very well replace lahm and i think Sagnol could very well be a bayern captain in the following years. Sagnol is a true bavarians and knows bayerns tradition playing for them during the CL in 2000.

Also remember if we can get top doller for him we can also use that money to bring in another top player at a different postion look at last year?!?! we sold Hargreaves for 17 mil and i bet you we used alot of that money to buy Ribery for 26 mill

Another reason why i cant see sagnol leaving is because Ribery also mentiond that a big reason why he like bayern is because fellow French international Sagnol was on the team

But the main Point is i like Lhm alot but if we can get good Money for this class player then we should sell him
Huggseybear31
Getting the hang of it

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:29 pm

The amount that seems to be going around right now is in the region of 8.5 mil pounds, which is not enough IMO. Lahm is one of the best fullbacks in Europe right now, probably even #1. The fact that Barca and United see him as "cover" or a replacement (for Zambrotta/Neville/Brown/whoever else) is retarded, he's the real deal and I think Klinsmann will be able to convince him of that and keep him in Munchen at least a little longer than his current contract, which is up next year I believe.
I really like our current rotation of Lahm, Jansen, Willy, and Lell. If Bayern can keep the 4 of them then we'll be set at fullback on both wings for years to come. If Willy becomes captain as expected then he's pretty much guaranteed a place in the starting XI, which complicates matters for the others, but some kind of rotation can be worked out. And that's not taking injuries into account...basically I hope we keep Lahm, he's essential.
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion