You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pepe Reina [José Manuel "Pepe" Reina Páez]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pepe Reina

Postby shileno » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:13 pm

De Gea will replace Casillas, in fact, I think he will be better.

About Reina, I said that he was a good GK, but I was talking about Liverpool. I didn't saw him with Villareal or Barca, but I remember him playing really good with Liverpool a couple of years ago. Now, he really sucks.
shileno
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Chile

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:19 pm

No, Liverpool's defense is catastrohic at the moment. Every cross to their box is headed on target. You have to see the goals that Liverpool concede. They are all the same. But even with that defense, he is making a lot of world class saves because he has great reflexes. And BTW, he is world class in saving penalties too. I forgot that.

And of course, he has tons of experience

Like someone said, he is somewhere between Casillas and Valdes and for me, that's WORLD CLASS.

You can't say that Neuer is world class and Reina isn't. I can post videos of BIG Neuer mistakes too.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:25 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:You can't say that Neuer is world class and Reina isn't. I can post videos of BIG Neuer mistakes too.

No need ,

i posted 5 or 6 few months ago in one post

DAMN , CANT FIND THEM
Element

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby slyk » Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Butt may not be a world class goalkeeper but he's doing a fine job....Concerning Reina, as already mentioned, most of the goals he concedes are the defenders faults. The only reason he has been second choice GK for Spain, is cause Iker Casillas is incredible. No player in Liverpool is playing up to their standards at the moment, so i wouldn't be too harsh on Reina. I'm sure no one would object to Torres coming to Bayern, even though he's not quite himself yet.
slyk
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby sch0ll7 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:44 pm

GK is good as his team is...it is hard to be world class if you have 15 shots on goal every game.

If Valdes played for Zaragoza or some other mediocre Spanish team he would be unknown.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby shileno » Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:53 am

Reina has been making mistakes to often, Neuer doesn't. It doesn't matter if a GK does a really bad mistake (like Green in the WC), what it matters is how often they do it. I remember at least 2 recent goals that were almost stupid, and of course, that goal against Argentina.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby Element » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:37 pm

According to this

Bayern want to offer 15 million pounds (17.4 Million euros) to sign Pepe Reina this winter
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Shileno, I can remember like 20 Neuer mistakes. Especially at the end of last season, where every corner against Schalke was like a penalty kick.

And then he has stupid mistakes and world class saves like Reina

And we all want Neuer.

sch0ll7 wrote:GK is good as his team is...it is hard to be world class if you have 15 shots on goal every game.

If Valdes played for Zaragoza or some other mediocre Spanish team he would be unknown.

True.

BTW last season Butt played really great in the first half of the season. We were all amazed with him. But he started to make mistakes in the second half. I hope he can keep playing like this until the end of the season :)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Payam » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:21 pm

Element wrote:According to this

Bayern want to offer 15 million pounds (17.4 Million euros) to sign Pepe Reina this winter

My God..why?
Butt is currently doing an exceptional job, and with Schalke playing Bundesliga 2 football at the moment, the very same offer could next year give us Neuer..
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby shileno » Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:41 am

I agree with you Ylonen but you can't judge Neuer for his lack of experience. It's a bit tough when you don't play CL too often and when you suddently are the first GK of your NT in a WC. Neuer is young, he obviously needs to improve more, but Reina is getting old and I think he's in the downside of his career.

Liverpool should sell us Torres lol
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby uzi716 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:42 am

shileno wrote:I agree with you Ylonen but you can't judge Neuer for his lack of experience. It's a bit tough when you don't play CL too often and when you suddently are the first GK of your NT in a WC. Neuer is young, he obviously needs to improve more, but Reina is getting old and I think he's in the downside of his career.

Liverpool should sell us Torres lol

Ill be happy if we get Reina he is only 28, look at Butt he is 36 and can still play.
uzi716
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby shileno » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:21 am

Well, that's true. We all thought that Butt was crap and that he was too old and all that stuff but he proved that he can be a really great GK.

IMO, we should spend on a young GK. De Gea is my choice, but I'm seeing him going to Arsenal or ManU.
shileno
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Chile

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:21 am

De Gea won't leave Atletico.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby uzi716 » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:45 pm

I think de Gea is set to go to RM, there is no way I can see RM let a talent who is that close to them go somewhere else
uzi716
I post all the time

Postby Element » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:52 pm

uzi716 wrote:I think de Gea is set to go to RM, there is no way I can see RM let a talent who is that close to them go somewhere else

NO it will never happen

1-Real Has Casillas

2-Atletico will never let him got to the RIVAL

3-De Gea aint that stupid you know
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion