You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby pyrasur » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:43 pm

SchwanMunich wrote:Pep did such a great job at Barca I was more than willing to give him time to create something special here. But TBH I just don't get what he's trying to do. Several of our players are playing poorly and things get changed so much from game to game.

Pep seems to overthink and over analyze everything. I read his book and while I was impressed I think he's a bit crazy. One minute he thinks one way, and the next minute he's completely changed tactics. He's here for 3 years total so I will judge his performance once he's done. But in the meantime, it is frustrating watching such a dominant Bayern side get hammered by teams like Madrid and Wolfsburg. And after watching games like that it's hard to not put the blame on the coach.

I really hope Pep gets things figured out. This team has loads and loads of talent. Pep has done it in the past so he knows what it takes. Anything can happen and you never know we could be celebrating another champions league victory in a few months. It is easy to get shortsighted and forget how quickly things can change.

I remember being very critical of Low and he took Germany to the the top, maybe the same will happen with Pep and Bayern. He's still got time and once again he has done it in the past. Anything can happen in football. I'll continue supporting Pep and bayern and hope when the time comes Bayern will be ready for the occasion.

Fair post. I think the losses the team have suffered haven't been frustrating because the team lost, the frustrating thing is when the team acts as if training sessions are tougher then falls from whatever cloud they are on when they face reality of an actual match. The loss to Manchester City I was proud of the team because despite the three slip ups (two because of fatigue after red card), the team was so clearly up for the game, probably because with ten men Bayern players realized they had a game to play and accepted the challenge. We even got to see why Lewandowski was brought into the team, creating a goal out of nothing. The recent results are frustrating because the team has lost some of its composure under pressure.

Of the recent poor performances, perspective is needed. People are complaining about how in 2015 the team "only" has two wins, one of which was again perceived as poor performance. The team has only played five matches in 2015. Only Wolfsburg outclassed Bayern, and Bayern have beaten them already. No doubt the team is below its standard again, but it's not like Real Madrid found Schalke easy either. Treble season Heynckes in the league was still only able to draw Dortmund both times, lost to Leverkusen, lost at home to Arsenal. Did Bayern lose contender status because they got beat by perennial fourth Arsenal in München? Under Guardiola, the only thing we can complain is that when Bayern lose, they decide to lose big because they chase the game. In a cup competition, it's humiliating to lose big to Real Madrid but in the end 0-1 or 0-5 who cares.

It's right to expect better from the team. Guardiola should have subbed Alonso off, gotten Lewandowski on sooner imo. Heynckes made the exact same type of mistakes, choking big in the CL final with his substitution of Müller and letting Chelsea back in the game. But looking at the balance of the season, there is no reason to wring hands yet. Better to lose form now, and start peaking again near the end of the season then repeat what Bayern did last season.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:30 pm

^Top post

I see why people are getting nervous but I don't think it's the right time to push the panic button. The season is still warming up and so far I haven't seen anything that is telling me this team won't go achieve big things. Also people need to get a better perspective of how hard it is to win the UCL. This Bayern team has spoiled us being in the finals so often and I am sure the players no it's not easy task.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:06 pm

But you can expect from this team to atleast create chances, which they didnt really in Lwiw... Against a team that didnt even have a important match for more then 70 days.. So i wonder how Bayern would do like this against Chelsea or Atletico..
Ottomeister13

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:But you can expect from this team to atleast create chances, which they didnt really in Lwiw... Against a team that didnt even have a important match for more then 70 days.. So i wonder how Bayern would do like this against Chelsea or Atletico..

Your right there is a good chance Bayern end up like RM and create no chances vs Atletico, but in all seriousness I agree performances need to be better since at the moment Bayern are in poor form.

P.S. I don't know why you mentioned Chelsea, they were lucky to escape with a draw vs PSG if Ibra and Cavani were more clinical.

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:26 pm

Well, Chelsea is known since 2012 everywhere in Bayern. Imagine they stand in and around their own goal and we are not able to create anything..
Ottomeister13

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:42 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Well, Chelsea is known since 2012 everywhere in Bayern. Imagine they stand in and around their own goal and we are not able to create anything..

To be honest any team in the world struggles against teams that park the bus especially the way Chelsea do it. I am not as worried as last season since Pep has been using more long balls and direct football so I think we should manage if everyone is healthy. We just can't afford to give them space to hit us on the counter like in the Super Cup. Im sure Pep will get it right if we were to play them. But it really does bite knowing that Mou will pay 10 men behind the ball like he did vs PSG.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:18 am

Sorry, but i dont buy the crap anymore ''wait till everyone is fit''.. Who is it? Lahm, Martinez and Thiago. The only one i see making an improvent creatively is Thiago. Lahm is more the controlling person on midfield and not that offensive anymore since he doesnt play RB anymore with Robben. That was a great combo tbh.

Martinez? Was never that awesome in offense. We lack a lot of creativity. Gotze almost Always dribbles into his opponents legs. Ribery just came back from injury. Muller has some hard times aswell, Lewa the same. You cant just Always give Robben the ball and expect him to score. Teams will start to triple and double him like they did a lot with Ribs. It's worrying that teams start to figure us out more and more, by just standing in their own 16..
Ottomeister13

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:03 pm

prasun77 wrote:
Firefox1234 wrote:People have forgotten how many of us wanted Jupp fired before he won the treble, he was smart to retire while he was on top

But Jupp really showed up in his second season ..but we just got hammered 4-1 by folks like Bas dost!

When will people realise this is a misconception? We only showed really and truly showed up in a way that has not yet been repeated vs Barca.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:28 pm

Mourinho is at it again.. He claims he was the Chosen one to be PSG's coach when they started their money throwing project, but it was not the right time to leave RM. Then they asked him again, but he decided to go back to Chelsea. Because ofcourse, its all tougher compared to the BL because Bayern runs away at the top.

Ooh yeah, Dear Jose, when does it go into your thick dumb head, that you had all the spending money in the world at RM, Chelsea and even PSG if you would have gone there..

Sigh..
Ottomeister13

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:24 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Mourinho is at it again.. He claims he was the Chosen one to be PSG's coach when they started their money throwing project, but it was not the right time to leave RM. Then they asked him again, but he decided to go back to Chelsea. Because ofcourse, its all tougher compared to the BL because Bayern runs away at the top.

Ooh yeah, Dear Jose, when does it go into your thick dumb head, that you had all the spending money in the world at RM, Chelsea and even PSG if you would have gone there..
Sigh..

and even @ inter...
the only credit I can give him is all that he won with FC Porto
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby envagyokazapad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:56 pm

pyrasur wrote:It's right to expect better from the team. Guardiola should have subbed Alonso off, gotten Lewandowski on sooner imo. Heynckes made the exact same type of mistakes, choking big in the CL final with his substitution of Müller and letting Chelsea back in the game. But looking at the balance of the season, there is no reason to wring hands yet. Better to lose form now, and start peaking again near the end of the season then repeat what Bayern did last season.

What slightly worries me is everything so far looks like last season.
We peaked in the first half of the season (last year that was the few games around the time we played Man City for the first time, this year it was the few games around the time we trashed Roma), and other than that we were either terrible or completely mediocre in most games. This time, just like last season we ran through the BL nearly uncontested. This time the only difference is we got trashed by a top-form Wolfsburg. I'm still pretty sure we'll keep running through the BL like before though...I'm just afraid of what might happen the next time we play a team that really shows up.

So far this Shakhtar game reminds me of the first game against Man Utd. We can say hey they played quite well, not an easy game...not a bad result. But then we see what happened when we played the top dog last season. It all feels exactly the same as last year. Of course I could be wrong though, but I still think we have some reason to be worried.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:12 pm

Generally speaking every top team has a dip in form sometime throughout the season every year. We did in 2010 and 2012 as well yet we reached the final in both years. Real Madrid are going through it right now too. It happens every year and when it happens is the key moment. As others have pointed out it's best to have it right now than later in the season. We have 3 weeks to get things in order. Obviously we've put ourselves in a dangerous situation in the CL but the quality of our opponents means we should be able to get out of it fine.

What was so special about the Bayern 2012/13 team is that it was the one team that never had a dip in form; or rather, they did, but still won those games. It doesn't mean that every other team that wins the CL or, heck, a treble is the same.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:22 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:What was so special about the Bayern 2012/13 team is that it was the one team that never had a dip in form; or rather, they did, but still won those games. It doesn't mean that every other team that wins the CL or, heck, a treble is the same.

The 2012-13 season had a massive dip in form late on, scraping through games in the (already won) Bundesliga and having a fair bit of difficulty in both finals too. They were stretching it - the achievement of that squad is that they kept it together despite clearly losing form.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby envagyokazapad » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:58 pm

I think the specialty of that squad was that it was fine tuned to beat the top dog at the time, and not just beat it but completely trash it. We were quite average in a lot of games with Jupp, but we really showed up when it was needed, and we were far far ahead of the team we needed to beat for the CL.

That's what Pep completely missed last year imo. We were good against most opponents, but completely shit against the top dogs of last season (Real, Chelsea, Atletico all probably would have had a field day with us in the semi finals, and not because they were better teams, but simply because they played a game we just had no idea how to beat).
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:56 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:I think the specialty of that squad was that it was fine tuned to beat the top dog at the time, and not just beat it but completely trash it. We were quite average in a lot of games with Jupp, but we really showed up when it was needed, and we were far far ahead of the team we needed to beat for the CL.

That's what Pep completely missed last year imo. We were good against most opponents, but completely shit against the top dogs of last season (Real, Chelsea, Atletico all probably would have had a field day with us in the semi finals, and not because they were better teams, but simply because they played a game we just had no idea how to beat).

True, but keep in mind that WE were the team to beat last year, not RM. Real were finetuned to beat us just like we were to Barca, and the conditions at the time (such as Tito's death) didn't help us at all. In the end we started off the second leg quite well until going two behind in a short time, and we were not bad in the away game.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion