You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ottackon » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:32 am

KHR has always said that Bayern is keen on working with Guardiola as long as possible, it only depends on the catalan, assuming Bayern maintains his level of excellence.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:42 am

ottackon wrote:KHR has always said that Bayern is keen on working with Guardiola as long as possible, it only depends on the catalan, assuming Bayern maintains his level of excellence.

it is his job to keep it so no? :wink:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:56 am

Seeing as how Pep refused to take longer than one-year deals at Barca, extending his contract this season would be a miracle.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:31 pm

He was and still is in an open battle with Rosell. He knew the "slippery" Rosell would kick him and his Laporta-linked counterparts out the door as soon as he missed a beat. He also feared constantly a clear lack of motivation in the dressing room and he new he wouldn't count on a complete overhaul of the roster at his wish. Bayern has, on the other hand, gone to great lengths to provide him with players at his command or alternatives that match or exceed his expectations.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:27 pm

What Pep is doing to Bayern now is a huge undertaking, and we are just now starting to see it come to fruition. Last year there were times we looked stale, and I questioned if Pep was the right choice. Hindsight is 20/20 of course... and last season was laying the foundation for the future.

Hopefully Pep sees this as a very long term project, to attain "perfect football" with Bayern. It's the perfect scenario for him - skilled players, great finances, management that supports him. Unless he gets bored or we lose motivation, he'll take Bayern to new levels. Extend him now!
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Nov 20, 2014 4:06 pm

nm462272 wrote:What Pep is doing to Bayern now is a huge undertaking, and we are just now starting to see it come to fruition. Last year there were times we looked stale, and I questioned if Pep was the right choice. Hindsight is 20/20 of course... and last season was laying the foundation for the future.

Hopefully Pep sees this as a very long term project, to attain "perfect football" with Bayern. It's the perfect scenario for him - skilled players, great finances, management that supports him. Unless he gets bored or we lose motivation, he'll take Bayern to new levels. Extend him now!

Yeah i are it the same way. It looks to me like he enjoys the atmosphere specially in terms of management support. The more specific responsibilities let him concentrate on what he truly likes, which is coaching and tactics.
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Postby prasun77 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MillaMjau » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:17 pm

That book is really excellent read.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:59 pm

"Ich will die Spieler bei Bayern München haben, die auch hier spielen wollen. Wenn ein Spieler nicht hier bleiben will, muss er zu einem anderen Verein gehen", fügte der Spanier in aller Deutlichkeit an.

Very clear words by Guardiola about possible winterperiod leavers.. ''I only want players who want to play here, if they dont want to play here, go to another club''.. Winke winke at Hojbjerg and Shaq :)
Ottomeister13

Postby Tedesco » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:05 pm

Shaq is gone already IMO. Hojbjerg still to see.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:09 pm

It would honestly be the biggest shock if Shaq stays past January.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby maxwell1295 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:12 pm

Breaking the Pyramid: How Pep Guardiola Created a Postmodern Monster at Bayern Munich

"If there’s one player who’s most symbolic of Pep’s post-positional philosophy, it’s Alaba. When the Austrian is nominally deployed as the left-sided center back in a back three, he basically plays as what might be the first hybrid center back/attacking midfielder in history."
maxwell1295
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Kevinx67 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:21 pm

I see everybody just loves Pep. Reading things like "we are just now starting to see it come to fruition" is just to funny. How people forget before he took over Bayern after they won it's first ever treble. Why change it to this boring style pf play. The team is the best in Germany ( Not to difficult ) But not in the world. Hate to say it but if you watch football their is a couple of teams better.
Kevinx67
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:51 pm

You make fair points.
Kevinx67 wrote:boring style pf play

Kevinx67 wrote:Hate to say it but if you watch football their is a couple of teams better

But really you weren't excited about Bayern taking on Manchester City 10v11 and nearly winning? 7-1 over Roma didn't have enough goals? I agree Bayern isn't always the most exciting to watch, but you can't really have your cake and eat it too. I get the nostalgia over Heynckes and thinking Pep isn't the way forward but I can't stand the twin "Bayern aren't exciting" and "Bayern are not good enough" argument. When we are winning we aren't exciting and when we aren't stomping Manchester United we are shit. Not trying to be Guardiola's defender but please pick ONE argument already and stick to it.

You want to create a team that will just trade punches with Real Madrid be my guest. Bayern could just be a Paderborn 2.0 but I'm pretty sure Madrid would still kick our ass every time. I think the tactical flexibilty Bayern have created is pretty exciting but if 4231 is it for you luckily there is plenty of that in the rest of the Bundesliga.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby sws » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Kevinx67 wrote:I see everybody just loves Pep. Reading things like "we are just now starting to see it come to fruition" is just to funny. How people forget before he took over Bayern after they won it's first ever treble. Why change it to this boring style pf play. The team is the best in Germany ( Not to difficult ) But not in the world. Hate to say it but if you watch football their is a couple of teams better.

How is this style of play boring at all? We're scoring loads of goals and conceding barely any and it's very fluid and direct. And importantly, the players seem to like this system. After many of our matches, they thank the coach for preparing them for the match and say how much they like what Pep has added to their game. Also importantly, the board seems to love Pep and what he brings to the team.

What does Pep have to do with Bayern winning the treble under a different coach anyways? So many things lined up perfectly to make that happen. Let's not pretend like everything was going just peachy before he came. Let's not forget that when we signed him in December 2012, Bayern were still seen as the losers of the last two Bundesliga's and chokers after losing 2 CL finals in 3 years.
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion