You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby FCB general » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:16 pm

envagyokazapad wrote:Can he prepare the team for encounters against Real and Chelsea? We'll see.

He must! Not because I say so, it's because Guardiola said to himself after Real Madrid total disaster.

But unfortunately, Dortmund aren't the right team at the moment for such things. They aren't in the best shape and we cannot convince ourselves in that.

I'll be satisfied with the victory today. If we win, even better. How we gonna play there, dunno.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:52 am

I have to say... Finding out that Pep is friends with Kasparov and admires Magnus Carlsen seriously improved my opinion of him. That piece of advise from Kasparov "Remember, Pep, that you don't win games just by moving all your pieces to the front" is awesome.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorsett » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:10 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:I have to say... Finding out that Pep is friends with Kasparov and admires Magnus Carlsen seriously improved my opinion of him. That piece of advise from Kasparov "Remember, Pep, that you don't win games just by moving all your pieces to the front" is awesome.

Is that because everyone who's cool knows a Norwegian or two? \:D/

FCB general wrote:
envagyokazapad wrote:Can he prepare the team for encounters against Real and Chelsea? We'll see.

He must! Not because I say so, it's because Guardiola said to himself after Real Madrid total disaster.

But unfortunately, Dortmund aren't the right team at the moment for such things. They aren't in the best shape and we cannot convince ourselves in that.

I'll be satisfied with the victory today. If we win, even better. How we gonna play there, dunno.

Let's hope that's enough. [-o<
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:16 pm

Guardiola: Our corners are pure catastrophe [source]

Ich mag es. Unser Ecken sind total schlecht.

We should do more on trainings to bring corners for 2 levels up.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby theundead » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:17 pm

FCB general wrote:
Guardiola: Our corners are pure catastrophe [source]

Ich mag es. Unser Ecken sind total schlecht.

We should do more on trainings to bring corners for 2 levels up.

About time he realized this
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:48 pm

Our corners were always a disaster as far as I can remember, since 1999 corners have been our nightmare. Pep's Barca suffered from corners too, so I don't expect him to do a miracle here, in what everyone else before him seemed to fail.
If you want to improve on corners or set pieces in general, you hire an Italian... they'll teach the players to use every dirty trick to make it work: holding, pushing and the art of kicking and punching if needed, although all that works better with a corrupted ref in the middle.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB general » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:01 pm

I've noticed we have had obivously improved in 2012-2013 in defensive part(corners and set pieces). Last season our defensive stability was in general become worse, however... In this season we see once again an improvment in that part of our game and now our coach is obviously seeing our major problem - despite the average players height which is great, we cannot use it as our big advantage and ally.

In the last 8 and half years(with 2012-2013 exception) I was really angry and always criticize our set piece and corner display. Till 2006(Ballack) we were good in attacking part, after that almost nothing.

I'm happy to see Guardiola noticing this problem which is a clear embarrassment for a team which has big guys like Boateng(192 cm), Dante(187 cm), Benatia(189 cm), Badstuber(190 cm), Lewandowski(184 cm), Müller(186 cm) and others who are mostly 180 cm or more tall.

►In der Bundesliga gab es bisher 83 Ecken, dabei kein Tor! Auch in der Königsklasse läuft es nicht. In der aktuellen und letzten Spielzeit wurde nach 122 Ecken (Spitzenwert!) nur ein Mal gejubelt.

This is shít and we all know that. :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:11 pm

We lost against Madrid because of corners and set pieces. What I notice when we attack a corner is that the players' runs are useless. Sometimes corner kicks are not kicked up to standard but that has improved since Alonso started taking them. Most of the time, no Bayern player manages to even head the ball. It's like we have 15 corners and 13 of them are cleared by the opposition. I am not saying that we have to score but at least outrun/outsmart the opponent to get to the ball first. We improved in the last game against Dortmund. Benatia alone had 3 chances.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:12 pm

1. Improve on defending counterattacks
2. Improve set pieces in general

=

INVINCIBLE
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby quaazi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Corners are pure basketball tactics. Get the screening right, create space for the shot. It's simply kinda tough to drill to footballers, especially footballers used to possession.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ottackon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:16 am

JANCKER wrote:1. Improve on defending counterattacks

=

INVINCIBLE

3. Be more effective in front of goal.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:01 pm

FCB general wrote:We should do more on trainings to bring corners for 2 levels up.

Benatia is starting to score from those real soon.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby endrity » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:40 pm

MaCk0y wrote:We lost against Madrid because of corners and set pieces. What I notice when we attack a corner is that the players' runs are useless. Sometimes corner kicks are not kicked up to standard but that has improved since Alonso started taking them. Most of the time, no Bayern player manages to even head the ball. It's like we have 15 corners and 13 of them are cleared by the opposition. I am not saying that we have to score but at least outrun/outsmart the opponent to get to the ball first. We improved in the last game against Dortmund. Benatia alone had 3 chances.

I think it would be a grave a disservice to ourselves if we reduce our loss to Real simple by looking at the goals. We were cut open quite easily by their counterattack and most importantly we never scored ourselves, actually not even got close to go do so. In addition, the largely lethargic play that the team offered after the first 20 minutes at the Bernabeu, was very characteristic of everything that was shown after the BuLi was won. By and large, that was a team thad lost its shape and idea of how to play. For the first 20 minutes or so at the Bernabeu the players went all out in terms of effort and once they ran a bit out of gas they also were short of ideas. Make no mistake about it, it was an extremely dissorganised team by the end of the season.

I felt like it was continuing in the same direction for the first month or so of the season, but gotta give Pep credit, he has righted the ship and he and the team now seem on the same wavelength. He has the shape that he wants appararently and the team now knows what he wants. I will always question if this overhaul was neccessary because I don't think there was anything wrong with the way we were playing before and it might have cost us a CL trophy, but if Pep makes up for it in the end nobody will remember 2014 anymore.

I still worry about quick counterattack teams though, we still seem a bit to easy to break down if the opposition can survive the first wave of pressing. It was a bit the same at Barca, the team would press hard to win the ball back but if you could get through that, than usually the defense was all over the place. I don't think Pep will ever know how to coach a team to play extremely organised deep defense like Mourinho can or even Jupp could when it was needed. His idea of defense is to win the ball back asap, which is fair enough I guess.
So RM and BVB are still dangerous teams for Bayern I think. Chelsea would probably be a bit different, they can defend but they are also more physical, and probably would not defend too deep against us but would try to prevent us from controlling the midfield game. They don't have the speed to go from defense to offense in about 5 seconds like Dortmund and Real can.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:57 am

JANCKER wrote:1. Improve on defending counterattacks

=

INVINCIBLE

Very true. As regards 1), I was happy enough with our performance vs Dortmund. We might have needed 2 late goals but we contained them very well compared to recent years. Real are on a whole other level at the moment but we're on the right track (we'll also have Schweinsteiger and Javi back by then, hopefully).

As for set pieces, we are without a doubt much better at free kicks offensively now (thanks Xabi and Alaba). Corners are still a weak point but Benatia showed he can be deadly if he can be a bit more accurate. It will come with time. When it comes to defending, we are in general much more solid defensively this season but set pieces are probably still the easiest way to score against us. We need to work on that.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:45 pm

Interviewer (I) to Pep (P) after the win vs. Frankfurt:
I: Was this close to perfection, what your team brought to the court?
P: No. *waits skeptical*
I: Why?
P: Did you see the first half?
I: Well, I liked it really.
P: *shakes head* nah, naa, we didn't play well in the first half.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion