You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby AdepT » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:48 pm

'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby quaazi » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:58 pm

He does need to learn that you don't have both hands in your pockets when wearing a suit, though.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:01 pm

Yes, one hand 'Prince of Wales' is fine; two is for just-quit smokers. God you have to be thin to look good in a three-piece.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:06 pm

He will bring Domenec Torrent, Carles Planchart, Manuel Estiarte, Lorenzo Buenaventura and Lars Kornetka, but Gerland will remain from what I understand. Torrent will replace Peter Herrmann.
AssemFCB
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby raz25 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:24 pm

Bazi wrote:Saying Bayern di München is not really wrong. We are the Bayern from Munich after all.

I think raz25 is underestimating the difficulties of learning a new language and the courage it takes to hold a press conference in a language you only learned for half a year.

I am very satisfied with the level of his German skills because the grammar is there. He only needs to add some vocabulary. As Ortlepp said, maybe we'll hear him talking Bairisch next year in Lisbon. ;)

I'm fine with Bayern di München, I'm not fine with with 'Vayern'. Now that I'm thinking about it I think I was a little harsh with him, he was probably a little bit nervous and just as I said, as the conference was progressing, his German was getting better :), proof that he was getting more relaxed.

I'm not underestimating the difficulties of learning a new language. I'm very pleased myself with the way he is talking already considering he's bean learning it in New York. All I said was that I doubt he learned it for 4 hours everyday as it's been speculated in the press.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:21 pm

He called us Bayern de München which is a mix of Spanish (Bayern de Munich) and German (Bayern München) :lol:

Keep in mind that this was the first time he spoke German in front of a huge crowd and it was broadcasted to millions of people, so he was a little bit nervous at the beginning of the presentation

But I really respect him. Great guy he is 8)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:27 pm

Im curious to see which youngsters he finds promising since he mentioned he has been watching them closely.....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Bazi » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:08 pm

raz25 wrote:
Bazi wrote:Saying Bayern di München is not really wrong. We are the Bayern from Munich after all.

I think raz25 is underestimating the difficulties of learning a new language and the courage it takes to hold a press conference in a language you only learned for half a year.

I am very satisfied with the level of his German skills because the grammar is there. He only needs to add some vocabulary. As Ortlepp said, maybe we'll hear him talking Bairisch next year in Lisbon. ;)

I'm fine with Bayern di München, I'm not fine with with 'Vayern'. Now that I'm thinking about it I think I was a little harsh with him, he was probably a little bit nervous and just as I said, as the conference was progressing, his German was getting better :), proof that he was getting more relaxed.

I'm not underestimating the difficulties of learning a new language. I'm very pleased myself with the way he is talking already considering he's bean learning it in New York. All I said was that I doubt he learned it for 4 hours everyday as it's been speculated in the press.

How many foreign languages have you been picking up raaz25?

It's more difficult to pick up those kind of language skills within half a year at Guardiola's age. Especially since German is one of the most difficult languages around. Hard to learn, even harder to master.

Compared to German it is child's play to learn English. As somebody who had a lot of contact with French students at university level I can say that he talked better German than most of the French students who lived in Germany for more than two years.

You have to keep in mind that the fastest way to pick up a language is actually talking to people in the country.

Yes his pronounciation of Bayern München was not inch-perfect all the time but he got it right for the most part. I have huge respect for having the guts and confidence to give this press conference in German.

That being said, nobody in the German media or German Bayern community had an issue with his pronounciation. They are very much in love with his accent. ;)
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:16 pm

Sick car!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372083414.310134.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Lagger » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:20 pm

Just in case someone has been looking for the full press conference from today as I have, here it is in German (sorry :P). Perhaps someone else has the same link with english commentary. :)

Btw, his German isn't as good as some posts here suggest. The parts where he spoke more or less fluently have clearly been rehearsed. He's still looking for vocabulary. I'd say he's at the same stage Trapattoni was. The key question is going to be if he continues to improve or if he stagnates on this level. It will also be one of the deciding factors for his success in Munich. Coaches never survived there without speaking German as far as I know.

Don't misunderstand me, I am impressed with the quality of his German. But it is far from sufficient on a long term basis. I'm pretty sure he will improve a lot over the coming weeks. Working with it every day is going to do more for him than his language teacher could do in half a year in lessons. :)

Oh and... I totally like him as our new coach. Go Pep!
Lagger
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby raz25 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Besides English I picked up French and German.

You are misreading my posts. I'm very pleased with his German skills, that's why I've complained about a specific thing which I personally found irritating. You can't change my mind regarding that.

I know that the fastest way to pick up a language is being in the specific country as it's something that I have experienced. In 1 month of staying in Germany I learned more than in 1 year of classes in school.

I agree it's much harder to pick up a language at Guardiola's age, I forgot to take that into account but I still stand by my opinion that he hasn't been learning like crazy for 4 hours a day as I've been reading on the internet.
Ich bin ein Feierbiest!
raz25
I post all the time

Postby tflags » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Please forgive my French:

Spoiler: show
Who the f*ck cares about his pronunciation? I want to see some football dammit!
Last edited by tflags on Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:10 pm

AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby AdepT » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:50 pm

If only we could've had Robben in this picture, it'd have been a thing to cherish. A treble. :oops:

'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby AssemFCB » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:13 pm

Imagine if baldness becomes "in" at Bayern. Perhaps that is why Gomez is contemplating leaving?
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion