You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:13 pm

And we won 7-0 against Barca.... Your point? He weakened our side in some way, to let players play different positions and tactics, it was still the same team almost that won the CL the year before. And Sevilla won the EL ;) Bayern started good in the 2nd leg against RM, but after those 2 stupid fast goals against us, the players gave up hope and after that it went just bad.

Btw, it is not that we don't understand, it is that we support our coach. He is here in his 2nd year. Won the League and cup in his first and reached semi finals in the CL and won even the European Supercup and Club WC and then we are the people who don't understand? You make me laugh big time.

Remember Heynckes? 2nd in Bundesliga, 5-2 against BvB in cup and CL loss against Chelsea? Heynckes said at the start of his 2nd season, that it takes time to implement a new system. And what did he do in the 2nd year? Won everything.

Imagine Pep doing the same in some way this year, i hope that all the naysayers stay in their cave and don't even dare to celebrate and praise him.
Ottomeister13

Postby E.Nygma » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:19 pm

No way, no way. Our defence is exposed to much and they stand too high up. You can't defend in that kind of system against really fast team. NO way can he implement this stupid tiki taka madness without loosing a lot against fast teams.

BTW, we did not start well against RM at home, we were bad, we started really well against them in the first leg, but it wasnt to be. I have to agree if the shot from robben and kroos went in in the first minutes it might have been a different game,

Heynckess was great against madrid and we really didnt have luck in the final. It was more due too luck and uneven squad in some departements that due too jupps incompetence. I value him far above Pep. I think we will have massive problems in the cl cuz of pep's ideas. I really do.
E.Nygma
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Jorge » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:15 pm

E.Nygma wrote:wait, he weakened our side. That is a fact. You can't loose 5:0 on aggregate against a team that lost against seville a week before. You just can't.

Even more, Madrid barely went through the QF against a weakened Dortmund side and without Lewandoski in the first leg (2:3 aggregate) and at least Kloppo had the satisfaction of beating Madrid 2:0 at home: Bayern was humiliated like never before in European competitions and at home!
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby JANCKER » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:22 pm

Jorge wrote:
E.Nygma wrote:wait, he weakened our side. That is a fact. You can't loose 5:0 on aggregate against a team that lost against seville a week before. You just can't.

Even more, Madrid barely went through the QF against a weakened Dortmund side and without Lewandoski in the first leg (2:3 aggregate) and at least Kloppo had the satisfaction of beating Madrid 2:0 at home: Bayern was humiliated like never before in European competitions and at home!

Real M. against Borussia, 2nd leg = Complacency.

Real M. against Bayern, 2nd leg = They had to finish Bayern, otherwise the Bestia Negra would have striken again, you can't fight with a wounded beast, you have to kill it to go through.
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Tedesco » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:31 pm

JANCKER wrote:Real M. against Borussia, 2nd leg = Complacency.

For me, the whole* 13/14 CL from Bayern was very complacent.

*The group stage was pretty good actually, save the last match against City where the team got really complacent and then never stopped after that.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby pyrasur » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:16 pm

Guardiola beat Real several times with Barcelona, once 5-0. His personnel selections could have been better, starting Martinez may have helped. But the system obviously works. Getting our World Cup players back will be good, and getting Thiago Alcantara fit who was crucial to our system is a must.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ruht » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:53 pm

I would have thought Pep had no support at the fanbase like in other forums and fans. Obviously there are still some people who don't understand.

Football is unpredictable, who'd have thunk it?
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby srajzel » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Oh please, even i would reach a semi-finals CL last year if i was coach... :lol: :lol: :oops:

And yes, I dont support you Pep. At Barca Frank Rijkaard made a team and with Xavi and Iniesta in the middle no one could lose matches. Now LvG and Jupp made the team at Bayern and also here you have everything on your plate. I just cant see you on the top of CL in bayern.

Transfer marker: Pep your buying decision are awfull. Lewa wasnt your choice I guess, board just want to have him. Bernat...o s*** he is sooooooo good :D and your first right-back Rafinha - awesome :D

Just my opinion, dont hate :)
srajzel
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:32 pm

Things aren't so simple all the time as people make them out to be, finding correlation instead of the cause of our problems. For instance: Lahm played midfield in the first leg and we lost by one goal. Lahm at RB and we lost by four. Clearly though, Lahm is our best fullback. Either way this season needs to kick off so we have a better distraction.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:56 pm

srajzel wrote:Oh please, even i would reach a semi-finals CL last year if i was coach... :lol: :lol: :oops:

And I would have repeated Jupp's treble.
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Stop making Rafinha so bad, he did his job well, for the biggest part.
Ottomeister13

Postby Der Bomber » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:34 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Stop making Rafinha so bad, he did his job well, for the biggest part.

We can't blame Rafinha because he's only able to do what he is able to do. And if someone puts him in a position in which he is not good enough to assume since he has obvious limitations, well you can't blame him, the blame should be on the coach for fielding a player who is not skilled enough to accomplish the task given to him.

I knew right from the start that fielding Rafinha vs Ronaldo was gonna be a disaster but that's not his fault. He's a player meant to be Lahm's substitute & a decent to good Bundesliga right back but not fullback of the caliber to take on the best players in the world.

Bottom line after this mini novel of mine, I agree with you. :lol:
Der Bomber
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby JANCKER » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:02 pm

A coach that needs instructions on how to line-up a squad, or how to use a player... is he a goddamn amateur, really? Is that really what you think?
You are gonna make his success bigger, after he proves all your criticism wrong.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Postby endrity » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:39 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Who's problem is it that Dortmund players are injured? Bayerns? They could care less, what should they do, just wait and lose on purpose untill BvB players are back in the squad so they don't have to much points @ first place? :S

And i am really sick and tired to hang the whole last season on those 2 shitty games against Madrid. As if those games make up the balance for the whole season. Everyone already forgot who was in the CL final 2010? 2012? 2013? and in 2014 semi finals. Djeez, this is really world class whining. Would anyone try to get me sign a contract like that with those achievements before 2010, i would have signed blindly.

Some ''fans'' should stop being so spoiled, you can't win the treble every year, you can't win the CL every year, nobody has defended the title so far anyway.

Because context matters. We did not get simply beat. We got humiliated as if we did not even deserve to be on the same pitch as Real Madrid. This came on the back of a year where Bayern were perfect, absolutely perfect, and everyone was hailing them as the ultimate team with no weaknesses.

In addition, the loss against Madrid was just part of a 3 month stretch where by and large the team looked awful.

To conclude, a lot of us can see what is going on on the field. We might not be master tacticians, but we can still look at some of teams and formations that Pep is throwing out there and scratch out head. Re-inventing the wheel is not why Pep was brought here. He was brought to keep a well-oiled machine ticking. At this point it's a combination of pride (not wanting to just keep doing what Jupp was doing) and insecurity (how can he play without a Xavi in midfield) that is bringing him down I think.
Last edited by endrity on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Bastian Schweinsteiger

Postby runaway » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:40 pm

(somebody move this replies to a proper thread maybe a 2013/2014 season review thread coz we had this convo before from every thread especially Pep's :lol:)

But Heynckes had the luck of having only 1 (2 because of Badstuber) seriously injured player. Our players last season had been in and out of injury. Even Lahm got a knock. That said, semis ain't enough?

Seriously why the astronomical expectations? Win every game, win with exciting tactic, win with proper XI, win every trophy, win with all German XI... This ain't a video game and in real life, shit happens. :coffee:

Tuchel, Martinez, that Salzburg guy... hire them and if these complainers still whine if we don't win one trophy in their first season, I wonder what they'll say. Combine all those 3 and how many trophies they got? :P

via Tapatalk
Last edited by runaway on Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion