You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:49 am

Guardiola says that he hates Tiki-Taka and wouldn't return to barca... [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:09 am

This is getting really confusing now. :?
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby runaway » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:33 am

It's like the inventor of the nuclear bomb hating his own invention. Except Pep didn't invent tiki-taka, the media did. It existed before him and has always been Barca's philosophy, to pass the ball. Pep essentially brought back Cruyff's dream team philosophy to the mess he inherited from Rijkaard.

From Balague's book, he was really exhausted when he was in Barca. Too many politics and power play.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:That is an immense accomplishment, even in the fashion HOW they did it, 19 points ahead of Dortmund. Normally a team is not focussed a lot after winning all in a season, but Pep managed them to be focussed.

Very few coaches have managed to do so in recent years. If you look at all the recent CL winners, it is only Bayern and Pep's Barca, and Ferguson's United, that did not disappear the season after (or at best a couple of years) after winning the CL. Chelsea, Inter, Milan, Liverpool...
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Sydney » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:36 am

Four titles in his first season. Semi final in CL. Great cup win against Dortmund with a weakened side. In light of this, those who now talk about Tuchel live in the wrong universe.
Sydney
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby schweini31 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:03 am

I didn't really like pep's behavior at the end of the match, I know it was a exhibition game and pep expected a quite game but come on! U.S team wanted to win

the U.S coach's face after the game was heartbreaking
schweini31
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby jrm13 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:20 am

Agreed. The US commentators (I don't know if it was the same in other countries) made a good point that these MLS guys are mid-season and are going to play hard. Many of them have a league game in just a few days time and aren't going to back off for a friendly. That said, those two main challenges were not good, but it's not the MLS side's coach's fault. Pep could've said anything he wanted to Alonso, but still should've shook the coach's hand and congratulated him on a well-fought win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jrm13
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby bigdrop » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:48 am

Schweini and five or six others literally got off of a plane in Portland six hours before the start of the game, all returning from vacation. They entered the game with 5-15 minutes left (Robben @85:00). This was an appearance for the fans. The U. S. team (I live in Washington, D. C. and was born here.) was in mid season and, in Landon Donavan's words, "played hard," played to win. There was probably an understanding between the coaches and because this was an exhibition, an all star game, that there would be no challenges or aggressive play. Yet, at least twice there was.

The U. S. coach should have been able to control his players. Schweinsteiger hurt his ankle-he pounded the ground repeatedly while he laid on it. Fresh off of a plane, returning from vacation.

Bayern didn't need this trip. They didn't need to play in front of 25,000 with empty seats in NJ nor in front of 19,800 in Oregon. They actually should have been in the "Big House" in Ann Arbor, Michigan where Real and Man U played before 109,000 a few days ago.

I believe that Pep did the right thing. Again, the U. S. coach should have been able to control his players. If Pep had known of the aggressive play he never would have let Schweini, Muller, Lahm, Robben and several others on the artificial grass field (which is why Ribery didn't play-trying to avoid an injury).
bigdrop
Getting the hang of it

Postby theundead » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:56 am

the media are going to be all over him.
hoping that he realizes his mistake (and the MLS coach realizes his mistakes as well) and apologizes in the press conference or something. this is bad publicity for the club. One moment of madness spoiled a very good spectacle of Football/soccer.

Pep could have acted a little better but i see where all the anger is coming from. He lost Kroos and the thought of Schweini not being available for the start of the season can upset a coach even like pep. Add to that the conditions the WC winners came through. They could have easily remained on vacations but they did not, for the fans, for the love of the game. And what did they get? A completely unnecessary and avoidable foul on Schweini that might be very, very dangerous for him and Bayern.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:07 am

theundead wrote:the media are going to be all over him.
hoping that he realizes his mistake (and the MLS coach realizes his mistakes as well) and apologizes in the press conference or something. this is bad publicity for the club. One moment of madness spoiled a very good spectacle of Football/soccer.

Pep could have acted a little better but i see where all the anger is coming from. He lost Kroos and the thought of Schweini not being available for the start of the season can upset a coach even like pep. Add to that the conditions the WC winners came through. They could have easily remained on vacations but they did not, for the fans, for the love of the game. And what did they get? A completely unnecessary and avoidable foul on Schweini that might be very, very dangerous for him and Bayern.

Nope! In a friendly there is absolutely, unconditionally no excuse for harsh play! Just the way it is!
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bigdrop » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:15 am

http://www.mlssoccer.com/all-star/2014/ ... ign=Unpaid is the press conference in English.
bigdrop
Getting the hang of it

Postby bigdrop » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:27 am

@89:48 there was a similarly hard hit on Boateng; this, about 90 seconds after the hit on Schweini. Two hard hits in literally the closing minutes on players who were on an airplane returning from vacation only hours earlier. And then, of course, the hit on Shaquiri.
bigdrop
Getting the hang of it

Postby bigdrop » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:38 am

Sunil Gulati ‏@sunilgulati 49m
All good with Pep Guardiola and Caleb Porter. With them for nice handshake outside the locker room after the game. #MLSAllStar
bigdrop
Getting the hang of it

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:08 am

bigdrop wrote:Bayern didn't need this trip. They didn't need to play in front of 25,000 with empty seats in NJ nor in front of 19,800 in Oregon. They actually should have been in the "Big House" in Ann Arbor, Michigan where Real and Man U played before 109,000 a few days ago.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I opened the other thread about the Guinness Cup. It seems that the marketing guys did not have exactly everything under control for this stunt and right or wrong Pep's gesture will undoubtedly leave a mark on this tour. I'd say this refusal to do this handshake weighs heavily with the American culture/mentality. This is on a different level but remember how they analyse every sign or body language of their politicians.

Perhaps Pep had also the option to shake hands but make it visibly clear that he was unhappy with this, stern face, just hold the other coaches hand no shaking...making it just a formality.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:10 am

[-X
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion