You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby MUTU » Tue May 13, 2014 8:58 pm

To be honest, Guardiola was right saying they can't play with the ideas of players. When I read it I was a bit angry, but in the end he's right. Some time ago we were astonished by the Schalke coach who was praising KP Boateng's ideas at half time and how it helped them achieved the win, and we agreed that it's very embarrassing for the coach and that he's not showing good leadership. Surely we don't want Pep to do the same, so either we stick with his ideas or else we fire him.

Now, one elimination does not proof that his ideas are a failure, so he doesn't warrant being sacked. If he's not being sacked, the players have to follow what he says. They can come up with some suggestions, that's fine, it's not a dictatorship, but the way it was put about made it seem like the players spoke behind Guardiola's back and then went over to him and kind of demanded certain changes. That simply cannot happen, and the players should know it. It was disrespectful of them.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Tue May 13, 2014 9:13 pm

You know, these days it seems Dante is doing all the talking.

"It's our fault, it was not the fault of Pep"

After Saturday though, I get the feeling the dialogue is changing quite a bit...
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 13, 2014 9:28 pm

AdepT wrote:
MaCk0y wrote:
Kevinx67 wrote:After hearing Pep say he will get rid of anyone who won't follow his style of play

Where ?

I am not sure how much truth this report holds and the reason I didn't share it earlier. This was reported on 7th May.
After watching the team play last three games with 2-pivots, I do tend to believe the part about some players approaching Pep for using the earlier system.
After the Madrid defeat, Guardiola had vowed to keep faith with his philosophy, saying: "We can't play according to the ideas of the players. That is not possible."

Sport Bild suggests that remark was aimed at midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger. In an article titled "That's how Schweini turned into a Pep problem," the paper claims a group of Bayern players led by the Germany international had urged Guardiola to return to playing with two holding midfielders.

Guardiola did feature two holding midfielders against Madrid, but Sport Bild said the coach plans to discard those who cannot adapt to his ideas and that he will look to build around the former Barca midfielder Thiago Alcantara, who is currently injured.

"Anyone who does not fit into Pep's system will not stand a chance at Bayern in the future, and Guardiola will have no regard for big names," the paper added. "Not even for names such as Schweinsteiger." [source]

While reading the 1st paragraph Bastian came to my mind...
I have a feeling that he is one of those who will be sold - If it ever happens Pep won't be able to travel anywhere around Munchen without a school of bodyguards. If the players think that they cannot work with the coach because of his stubbornness and lack of understanding (chemistry) they have the duty to stand up and speak for good.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MatZam » Tue May 13, 2014 10:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:While reading the 1st paragraph Bastian came to my mind...
I have a feeling that he is one of those who will be sold - If it ever happens Pep won't be able to travel anywhere around Munchen without a school of bodyguards. If the players think that they cannot work with the coach because of his stubbornness and lack of understanding (chemistry) they have the duty to stand up and speak for good.

If it comes down to Pep vs Schweinsteiger, Schweinsteiger wins. If Pep tries to force Basti to leave, he'll be crucified in the media for not being able to adapt to Bayern or use the players as well as Heynckes did.
Last edited by MUTU on Wed May 14, 2014 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quote BBcode
MatZam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue May 13, 2014 11:40 pm

I love how Pep says "überragend" :mrgreen:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed May 14, 2014 4:14 pm

MUTU wrote:so either we stick with his ideas or else we fire him

my worry, is that since the club cannot judge him on just 1 failure, he will stay, but he will tinker with the team so much that we will loose core players. if he is eventually fired then the damage would be extensive. Only time will tell but God forbid we end up in this situation where a Spanish coach broke the team when it had started standing up to the Spanish teams dominance.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:
MUTU wrote:so either we stick with his ideas or else we fire him

my worry, is that since the club cannot judge him on just 1 failure, he will stay, but he will tinker with the team so much that we will loose core players. if he is eventually fired then the damage would be extensive. Only time will tell but God forbid we end up in this situation where a Spanish coach broke the team when it had started standing up to the Spanish teams dominance.

:x
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 14, 2014 5:23 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:my worry, is that since the club cannot judge him on just 1 failure, he will stay, but he will tinker with the team so much that we will loose core players. if he is eventually fired then the damage would be extensive. Only time will tell but God forbid we end up in this situation where a Spanish coach broke the team when it had started standing up to the Spanish teams dominance.

Though I don't think it will happen, Bayern has the name, the young talent, and the money to remedy that quickly should it start to happen. The players won't leave all at once either. Maybe one or two might leave before Bayern takes action but the rest will still be here. I am not worried about the future of this club at all. I am sure that it will be bright with Guardiola and if not it will be bright without him.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby kod2600 » Thu May 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Did you know? If Pep wins the dfb Pokal and then the Champions League next year, it means he won the treble (kinda xD) with Bayern in one stadium?

1- We won the Bundesliga when we beat Hertha in Berlin
2- The dfp Pokal final is in Berlin
3- Champions League's final next year is in Berlin

:p
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby jonathan.tes » Thu May 15, 2014 4:26 pm

Well someone started complaining....
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ion-policy

honestly, I think ribery will achieve exactly the opposite by saying that. I mean he was one of the best players last year, but we got enough quality to do without him...
jonathan.tes
Woah, this feels cool!

National Flag:
Taiwan

Postby rthebest » Thu May 15, 2014 7:16 pm

jonathan.tes wrote:Well someone started complaining....
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... ion-policy

honestly, I think ribery will achieve exactly the opposite by saying that. I mean he was one of the best players last year, but we got enough quality to do without him...

I agree. Beside he is the last person who should complain. He played in most of the matches except when he was injured. And to be honest he needed more time on the bench after his butt problem that caused his form to dip.

I think Robben played more matches this year compare to last year played more games. He didn't complain last year and proved himself when he was needed. He handled it like a professional should.

When you look at players like Pizarro , Gomez , Robben and others who are handle this kind of stuff professionally and then you see some like Riberry and Manzn who acts like bunch of babies and cry to the papers or show it on camera.
Rotation is part of the big clubs who wants to compete on every competition, if they can handle it they should move to a smaller club. They should always remember that no player is bigger than the club.
rthebest
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Canada

Postby SchwanMunich » Fri May 16, 2014 12:08 am

Regardless, there was simply too much rotation. I think what ribery was saying is that it's hard to get a personal and team rhythm when so many changes are made every game. Rotation is one thing, changing lineups constantly and moving players out of their best positions is another.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby envagyokazapad » Fri May 16, 2014 5:13 pm

That doesn't look like much of a complaint...he basically just said this was a new thing for the team, and he doesn't like it too much personally. I don't see anything negative in that tbh.

This rotation madness is especially strange because I think Pep's system needs more consistency than Jupp's...so basically I'd expect Pep to rotate less and not more.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Postby München Minded » Fri May 16, 2014 6:11 pm

The way Ribéry is playing, whether he's "had enough time" to get form or not, justifies the rotation especially of him. So he should quit complaining and put in performances where Pep won't rotate him, unless resting is needed. Even Lahm got rested a couple of times these last couple of months.
der Kaiser:
“We should not fool ourselves. We are not one of the world's top teams any more”
“The defence has to get used to playing with the goalkeeper”
"They are all like prostitutes: they smoke, they're lazy, and they sleep all day"
München Minded
I post all the time

Postby tflags » Fri May 16, 2014 6:17 pm

SchwanMunich wrote:Regardless, there was simply too much rotation. I think what ribery was saying is that it's hard to get a personal and team rhythm when so many changes are made every game. Rotation is one thing, changing lineups constantly and moving players out of their best positions is another.

Hardly the case. Throughout the record-breaking season players were tested and rotated in akin positions and the only big overall rotation came the game after the Bundesliga was set and settled. Even then, the cost (loss of momentum on a trophy won already) can be easily justified.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion