You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:52 am

America USA wrote:Looks like I really rustled your jimmies. And "anal" sounds pretty ad hominem to me. Wanna throw words around? I'm all for it baby! But I don't wanna make this forum a flame war and I don't think MUTU and the mods would like it and I respect them for how they run this place.

Also lol at me being "obsessed" with an internet Los Galacticos wannabe masquerading as a Bayern fan. I've bigger fish to fry boy. Just calling you out on your pessimistic crap has hurt you so much :lol:

And I'll let that emoji obsession if yours slide.. when you grow up maybe you'll grow out of it.

EDIT: Germany won the Confederations cup and thus became one of the nations to win every FIFA trophy there is to win. I don't think its that bad honestly.

Here's a little something for you, while you're talking about wannabes, Mr. "Grown up"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_retentiveness

So again: ad hominem?

Repeat that lost Galacticos shot 400 times, people able to read will never agree with you
Cause no, I don't want us to spend 70m or more - and again, I've said so 400 times... Neither did I ever favor a signing of a "galactico", merely talent like Sané, Bernardo, Dembélé, instead of relegation fighters... If you fail to understand that, continue being proud of being a grown up with cognitive capabilities of a 5yo

Cause yeah, I do the same thing - abd it should be known by now that I always react like this when someone makes these threads about me - I'm not discussing other people and especially not in general because of what I THINK I read somewhere - so you shouldn't too and guess what: that's the moment we wouldn't have to make such a fuss and could actually get back to discussing soccer... Different opinions are kinda healthy for a board...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:54 am

^ Triggered. :mrgreen:

EDIT: I was discussing football on this thread until you detracted it with your ad homs. You could've shut me up by giving an honest reply to my post where I asked you for a solution rather than whining like a crybaby over here all the time. Instead you took the discussion in a totally different direction. You're behaving like a teenager now (maybe you are which is ok) so I don't see the point of continuing this discussion. I leave this thread at my earlier post that I had posted yesterday at 22:37 UTC.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:03 am

endrity wrote:We scored three times and missed a penalty, while also not having Lewa in the first game and had assumed total control of the game in the second half at the Bernabeu. Yes they were threatening with their pace, but they are Real Madrid, you can't expect to totally shut them out. We dealt with their counters a lot better for 180mins than we ever did in the Pep years.

Well

Neuer saved us from a pretty embarrasing scoreline this year. We lost 1-2, but could've easily been 1-5
Then we scored two very lucky goals in Bernabeu out of nowhere. Just remember the game or look at the stats.

Overall we played 30 good minutes and the rest was really crap. Real deserved to go through and that's why I wasn't mad at all with the referee

In that 0-4 defeat against Madrid they basically had 4 goal chances , 3 of them being set pieces, and scored them all. It was a big fail because of the scoreline, but it's not like Pep was crazy and we played full attack. Martinez had been injured and wasn't able to play 90 minutes and we played with both Kroos and Schweinsteiger in the midfield. We didn't start bad at all, but they scored 2 consecutive set pieces and everything was lost.

Carlo managed to mess up in the group stage first, and then fail against Madrid in the quarterfinals while Pep has been heavily criticised for just making the semifinals in each of his 3 seasons here. So I don't know how can anyone rate Carlo higher than Pep in terms of what they did with us.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:02 am

YlonenXabi wrote:Carlo managed to mess up in the group stage first, and then fail against Madrid in the quarterfinals while Pep has been heavily criticised for just making the semifinals in each of his 3 seasons here. So I don't know how can anyone rate Carlo higher than Pep in terms of what they did with us.

All this aside....at the end of the day results is what matters.
It doesn't matter that we were statistically better in every regard under Pep.

What matters is that Carlo got indisputably worse results than Guardiola EVER got with us. There is no reasonable nor rational argument for saying Carlo has done better than Pep.

In whatever case, Pep is gone and it looks like we're stuck with Ancelotti unless things really head south. So maybe we're not...
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:48 am

America USA wrote:@ nm462272 - Apparently it is your job to suck up for him I guess. :roll:

i will stick up for any forum member who has legitimate points and has proven themselves here, especially when you attacked them first.

the internet tough guy approach is not becoming, especially your "insights" on who or what constitutes a real fan...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby endrity » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:59 am

YlonenXabi wrote:
endrity wrote:We scored three times and missed a penalty, while also not having Lewa in the first game and had assumed total control of the game in the second half at the Bernabeu. Yes they were threatening with their pace, but they are Real Madrid, you can't expect to totally shut them out. We dealt with their counters a lot better for 180mins than we ever did in the Pep years.

Well

Neuer saved us from a pretty embarrasing scoreline this year. We lost 1-2, but could've easily been 1-5
Then we scored two very lucky goals in Bernabeu out of nowhere. Just remember the game or look at the stats.

Overall we played 30 good minutes and the rest was really crap. Real deserved to go through and that's why I wasn't mad at all with the referee

In that 0-4 defeat against Madrid they basically had 4 goal chances , 3 of them being set pieces, and scored them all. It was a big fail because of the scoreline, but it's not like Pep was crazy and we played full attack. Martinez had been injured and wasn't able to play 90 minutes and we played with both Kroos and Schweinsteiger in the midfield. We didn't start bad at all, but they scored 2 consecutive set pieces and everything was lost.

Carlo managed to mess up in the group stage first, and then fail against Madrid in the quarterfinals while Pep has been heavily criticised for just making the semifinals in each of his 3 seasons here. So I don't know how can anyone rate Carlo higher than Pep in terms of what they did with us.

Well Pep never played the quarters against Real. We were relatively lucky in the draws we got in the three years with Pep in that we never had a really tough quarter final, which is not a given since there are no restrictions in the draws from that point on. And yet, Pep always managed to screw up the away leg in most of those rounds even against Porto or Benfica. I am not going to value him higher simply because he got luckier with the draw.

It's true that by Pep standards we weren't particularly open during the 0-4 against Real. It was much crazier against Barca a year later, going 3 on 3 against their attack with a tremendously high line in the first half (talk about another game where Neuer literally saved us). But we were still always vulnerable in 2014. It was not only because of the high line that we seemed vulnerable as most people accuse Pep. We really seemed to be unable to line up defensively and perform as a team. It's like the team barely trained for that part of the game. Real cut through us at ease anytime they had possession. And for all of our possession, we never seemed to be able to score against them.

The games this year were much more balanced. It's true that we had a 20-30 mins phase in the second half of the first game where we lost the plot and they overran us. But by and large we controlled the first half and could have been 2-0 up. After a first half where they were very slightly better at the Bernabeu, the second half was all us and we were dictating everything. I don't dare say that we were incredibly superior to them, but by a small margin we were, at least to me. And this seemed to be the opinion of other journalists and fans that I read during those days. When Vidal went out, we had taken control of the game.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby MUTU » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:58 am

nm462272 wrote:
America USA wrote:@ nm462272 - Apparently it is your job to suck up for him I guess. :roll:

i will stick up for any forum member who has legitimate points and has proven themselves here, especially when you attacked them first.

the internet tough guy approach is not becoming, especially your "insights" on who or what constitutes a real fan...

What if I attack them first? 8)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:20 pm

I've now come to the conclusion that 20 years down the line every game is still going to be compared with Pep's.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:35 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:

Well

Thanked you but have an additional remark: He never managed to make us a decent set piece team both at defending and on offense...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:07 pm

nm462272 wrote:

Cool story bro. And I never hurled insults at anyone, just called a pessimist out on his nonsensical gibberish who then felt the need to deflect and respond with ad homs. Also likewise I don't need your "insights" on what should consitute "culture" of a club. I don't know how you got the impression that I'm being Mr. Internet Badass. I only responded to him in kind, after he started inserting words like "shit" when addressing me. I hate starting online flame wars but I'm not afraid to call out a user on his bullshit. Anyway I think I wanna talk football on this thread and evidently him and maybe even you don't have anything positive to contribute in that regard (that's why the need to make it personal in the first place).

Also, Good to see that at least a few Germans still stick up for each other. Maybe there's still hope for the nation of my ancestors and everything is not lost. But that's a different topic for another day.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:14 pm

He's not German... And funny how Mr know it all is able to make a profound assessment of the situation in Germany, when the biggest clown is still a White House resident... Funny story: they sent back a bunch of German SCHOOL KIDS this week... They were headed for a 5 week internship, which has been happening for years... Said they'd steal American jobs... First time that happened...

So yeah, funny YOU should talk about anyone's contributions here... You know shit about Germany and all you got are some vague, biased and - most importantly - insubstantial and fluffy - insinuations... So, would you please be so kind as to **** the hell off?! Thanks...

But yeah, at least todayI learned that shit is an ad hom insult... Oh the humanity

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:15 pm

tflags wrote:I've now come to the conclusion that 20 years down the line every game is still going to be compared with Pep's.

Carlo was supposed to be bring a more direct approach to Bayern and apparently was gonna make us more lethal on the counters again. Right now we're playing a weird hybrid of possession/press/counter football and the team looks clueless. I am willing to give Carlo time and I hope he learns from his mistakes last season and adopts a less stubborn and more dynamic approach this time. Hopefully he does this sooner rather than later.

As far as comparisons with Pep are concerned, I think they are not unwarranted. The team looks much worse than it did anytime under Guardiola, especially in his last season. This preseason has been nothing short of a disaster and although the results are irrelevant, Bayern haven't played such unconvincing football in a long time! The comparisons with Pep are bound to happen especially after the last few weeks and I believe them to be completely justified.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:31 pm

Also, Good to see that at least a few Germans still stick up for each other. Maybe there's still hope for the nation of my ancestors and everything is not lost. But that's a different topic for another day.
:lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby prasun77 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:52 pm

I think Pep Guardiola will be the most debated Bayern coach ever..He will remain controversial even 50 years down the line when they look up bayern history..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:35 pm

Or maybe he'll be remembered as the last Bayern coach to win a double (if #12's vision of the future proves true :P)

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion