You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:05 pm

JH did not rotate much during to treble season...
I uses to be very anxious...
It worked out... but our boys were 4 years younger so...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:21 pm

I rate Guardiola much higher than LVG too, but LVG was crucial in all our success IMO

His tactics changed the philosophy of the club and put us amongst Europe's big guns. Then his stubborness almost threw it all out of the window, but in the end he is probably the reason why we could enjoy so many years of great football and why not, dominance under Heynckes and Pep

Heynckes did a great job after a slow start and then the treble winning season was the peak of many players (Ribery, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Javi Martinez... only Robben managed to keep his form). The one thing that he had better than Pep is that the team could adapt to other teams tactics. Pep wants to be dominant, while Heynckes knew when to take a different approach (like the master class against Barcelona)

Pep was doing great till the winter break. Then I don't know what happened but we had some injuries (Ribery, Thiago) and the team went downhill in the last few months. His biggest fail was the 0-4 defeat against Real Madrid, but as I usually say, 3 goals came from set pieces. It was not a suicidal high defensive line what killed us. Then the next 2 years I think he did a great job overall and corrected some of his mistakes, but injuries killed our hopes in both seasons. Probably a side effect from his training methods.

I haven't enjoyed too much this season with Ancelotti. I didn't like how the team played and how he just favoured old players without giving enough opportunities to others like Kimmich or Renato. Still I think he was a little bit unlucky. The team was just getting fired up for the final months and a treble was on the cards. But that unlucky quarterfinal against Real Madrid killed our season.

I miss many things from Pep. You could always expect something new and you could see how he prepared every detail of every game. Sometimes he was brilliant, sometimes he failed. But you could see his work and that he's a genius.

With Ancelotti every day is the same. It's just like there's only March, April and May for him. The rest of the season is just useless. He just trusts on his players and peaking at the end of the season. No tactical work at all.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:55 pm

Great post, agreed on all counts. Of course I didn't mean to take anything away from LVG, he's obviously very important to us.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JJJ » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:59 pm

ramsej84 wrote:JH did not rotate much during to treble season...
I uses to be very anxious...
It worked out... but our boys were 4 years younger so...

I remember when we had Barca's game coming up we did put the players who were going to play in CL to the bench to rotate. Carlo didn't do that...

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:41 pm

I can only agree with everything you guys said... The reason for putting LvG so high is exactly that: he did the most work in giving us a new style of play, dominance and control, he gave youths a chance and organized the team well... Then he **** some of it up cause he's such a dick
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ThiagoRises » Mon May 01, 2017 1:10 am

Man City already equaled last season's point total in 34 games already.....

Even though last season, all the big teams had down years...

John Stones was a huge failure as was Bravo in the air. In addition, Nasri leaving left a huge hole in the depth department for City, when Nasri is more of a natural CM than both Silva and KDB.

City is an old team now that had a great run in England. However, it's time Pep cleans house unless he plans to leave earlier than expected.

I think people forget that Man City was equaled to UNited on points before the Pogba-zlatan-mourinho revolution and was only 3 points ahead of Southampton.
ThiagoRises
Getting the hang of it

Postby Bentonomo » Mon May 01, 2017 2:52 am

ThiagoRises wrote:Man City already equaled last season's point total in 34 games already.....

Even though last season, all the big teams had down years...

John Stones was a huge failure as was Bravo in the air. In addition, Nasri leaving left a huge hole in the depth department for City, when Nasri is more of a natural CM than both Silva and KDB.

City is an old team now that had a great run in England. However, it's time Pep cleans house unless he plans to leave earlier than expected.

I think people forget that Man City was equaled to UNited on points before the Pogba-zlatan-mourinho revolution and was only 3 points ahead of Southampton.

No one cares about city
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Wed May 03, 2017 12:05 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Welp, this is a shocker :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 03, 2017 1:21 pm

SrLuisGuilherme wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Welp, this is a shocker

Fake news

ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ed. » Wed May 03, 2017 1:29 pm

No, I can't agree that Pep would have done better this season.
I'm glad he is gone. I personally did not see the team winning another CL for another 5 rys under him.

I admire his footballing philosophy but the man is stubborn as a mule. Yes, it's easy to be reactive and always more difficult to be proactive, but It annoys me , :x that he is now , at Shitty, starting to admit that perhaps his methods and plans need a bit more adaptability. I have no doubt that this man was responsible for the best squad in Europe for alteast 3 yrs, not even reaching a CL final.

Yes, he was unfortunate with the injuries heading into the tie in Barcelona, but they were leaking goals, left and right, themselves. Any other coach would have gone in and played bunker and seen how long it could last and adapt in game.

If there ever was one instance any Bayern fan would have not been critical of the team giving up initiative, given the bare bones the squad was reduced to, this was the game. Instead, what does he do?, play that unbelievable high backline when we've already lost all our quickest players to injury.

The next year, against Real, if what Lahm say's is true, then the players are culpable but one has to question, why would the players even feel the need to question the tactics of a highly decorated coach who in fact had already had them pulverizing the rest of the BL to a title that season?
The answer is in the first leg. Despite all the dominance, all the possession and all the intent, I can only remember 1 Gotze effort that Casillas did very well to save when Madrid sitting back had all the better chances. The players obviously did not want to repeat the same script in the return.

The final year, we were slightly lucky to get away from Atletico in the first leg only 1 goal down. It was a repeat of the insipid away performance at Madrid the previous season. In the return, and this is where he really stuffed up, we had Atletico on the ropes and I scoff at the use of the paradoxical saying that the 'better team lost', since you can't be the better team if the other team did the most important thing better!, but this was the case here! We were so clearly the better team on that day, it was painful to watch. We had Atletico on a string and could have surgically and precisely dealt with them, but at 1-0 up with all the initiative, somehow Griezman and Torres find themselves 2 vs 2 with Martinez and Alaba on the half way line. Why take that risk??, Why??. That was the only play Atletico were waiting for and we gave it to them.

In addition, for all this apparent footballing genius, and nauseating assertion of belief in the way his teams play, his away CL performances are absolutely woeful. In the knockouts, during his term at Bayern I think it's 10 P 1 W 5 L 4 D

But this for me is the clincher.:
Ancelloti took 5 seconds to assess that the way we approach the Bundesliga cannot be the way we play big games in the CL. He is brutally honest in assessment that the current level of the reset of the BL is sub standard. I'm not sure if he will deliver the club a CL during his tenure, since he now has a squad beyond it's prime in key areas (thanks for nothing Pep!), but this flexibility gives me more confidence when we go head to head vs evenly matched teams or the couple of teams that are better than us.

Pep refused to be this adaptable and had all his cards exposed before the first whistle when battling Enrique, Ancelloti and Simeone.
In his time at Barcelona, he very clearly setup a system that made all the players better and brought out the best in them, there is no doubting his contribution there but no one will be brave enough to claim that he would have had the same amount of success if he didn't have at this disposal an argentinian, who will go down as one of the all time greats, in his prime.
Ed.
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aterford » Thu May 04, 2017 1:33 am

Bahahahahahahahahaha. Our club's own captain comes out and says that loss to Madrid wasn't Pep's fault but rather the players. But what a shock, the lads on the forum seem to think they still know football better than Lahm. Hahahahaha
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SrLuisGuilherme » Thu May 04, 2017 1:45 am

ramsej84 wrote:
Welp, this is a shocker

Fake news

SrLuisGuilherme
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCB general » Thu May 04, 2017 9:59 am

Welp, this is a shocker :lol:

This is a big disgrace for a coach called Josep Guardiola glorified by many of his fans and fapping boys. His players decide what he has to do... He asks his players what to do...

What an authority in the dressing room... #-o :lol: :roll:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby JANCKER » Thu May 04, 2017 1:41 pm

Bayern need Dr. HWMW back... urgently. :)
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Tue May 23, 2017 10:40 pm

Pep's family were present at the concert by Ariana G. Thank God all is well for them.

ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion