You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby #12 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:22 pm

I thanked DESPITE Thiago... He needs to step it up, but I think he very much CAN be decisive...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ziklitschli » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:26 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Ziklitschli wrote:
Rauntšik wrote:Pep was an essential part of development for this club, both footballing wise and for international recognition and growth.

You mean, hiring a famous coach and getting trashed 5:0 is more international recognition than thrashing Barca mercilessly 7:0? The Spaniards were scared out of their minds of facing us and after 3 years od Pep and this year (with a lot of Pep's leftovers) we're close to becoming a running joke in Spain. Is that the recognition, because I hear it often but still fail to grasp the concept. Also, is Bayern München some Chinesse club that needs a fancy coach to be recognised? History and results speak for themselves.

Now, development footballing wise, another hard concept for me. Because, hey, Carlo, in his first season, with a bad lineup, weird subs, out of form Müller, Alonso straight from death bed, injured Lewy and 2 red cards, still managed to take the tie with Madrid to ET, silence the Bernabeu and put RM to the ropes for a good while. The result was 6:3, the real result 4:3 and the result 11 vs 11, 3:2. Now Pep, with younger players etc, we all know how it ended in his RM tie, I mean how bad is he? Were his abysmal, backwards tactics the supposed development?

Or is it how players slow down the attacks and start to play useless tiki taka, because of all the automations he drilled into them and Carlo refuses to get rid off?

Or his transfers? The decesive Thiago? The symbol of everything that's wrong with the team last few years, the living legend (of RM), Xavier Alonso?

Really can't see it and I'd rather say that he was the worst thing that could happen to us, his crap still haunting us.

Damn, I thanked you before reaching the Thiago part. I was agreeing fully until that part. I retire my thanks. Consider yourself unthanked.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

You can't unthank me just like that, too cruel heh.

I like Thiago and rate him quite high, he's in the same paragraph with Xavier the White only because they're both pure Pep's transfers. The context though was development, is Thiago the development, a new quality, an upgrade for Bayern? He might be one day, but a player on his position needs to be decesive when it matters and so far, imo he's not.
Ziklitschli
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:58 pm

Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:55 am

I love that he spoke "as a fan"

Still, I really dislike these kind of questions. He's the Man City coach, he shouldn't be asked about this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:13 am

Probably why he kept emphasizing it so vividly

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:43 am

The difference I find kinda hilarious is that a lot of people criticizing Guardiola for the failures with the golden era (granted his stubborness vs RM semis, I agree with as well) are the same ones now criticizing the Bayern management for not transitioning into the future quickly enough.

Because in a weird way, Guardiola is almost the perfect coach for transitioning from an ageing squad to a future facing one.

Kimmich was already seeing solid development under him. Boateng on an individual level evolved into the best CB in the world. Alabas link up play and attacking form was spectacular under him. Coman was hitting his stride as well.

His track record before Bayern with La Masia is already shown and one can again see in what heights he is helping Sane get to.

I am not saying Guardiola is/was the best. I am simply saying in this department as a coach, he very much comes from the LVG school of thought and is in the top 3.

And right now if he was our coach, instead of during the golden era, he would be doing a lot with the likes of Sanchez, Kimmich, Coman and Sule coming in.

In a fictional world we could combine the two of ancelotti and guardiola to build the ultimate coach.

Peps youth development + Ancelottis man and star management + Peps possession flair + Ancelottis directness + Peps pressing + Ancelottis pragmatism + Peps second half turnarounds + Ancelottis ability to grind out a win.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby aterford » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:21 am

So the consensus among a number of people here seems to be that Pep inherited a treble-winning team (this, of course, is factual) and then proceeded to fail to keep that team performing at "Treble-level", apparently...At least that's how I commonly hear it. Many say he inherited this great, complete squad and wasn't able to maintain the successes this team had experienced.

So, for sake of discussion....Heynckes retires at end of 12/13 season. Who, rather than Guardiola, would you want to appoint as coach? Who was available who would be able to maintain 12/13 treble form for the next three years? I hear a lot of talk about how Pep failed, but very, very little on what would've been a better hire. Interested to hear who you guys would've rather had.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Aequitas1987 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:50 am

Klopp. I just loved Dortmunds football under him and now Liverpool's. Sure it's not as consistent as a Guardiola.

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk
SoStronk.com
Aequitas1987
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:52 am

Klopp wouldn't have joined us right after winning a CL final against him.

Really the only possibility (unless I'm mixing up years) was our current coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:55 am

IMO Bayern should look for a German coach after Carlo

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Bentonomo » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:51 pm

ramsej84 wrote:IMO Bayern should look for a German coach after Carlo

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

naglesman, klopp, hasenhuttl (austrian)
Bentonomo
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Mexico

Postby #12 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:42 pm

Jupp would've continued for at least one more year had we not ditched him...
Of course, I think that's the reason why he won the treble in the first place IMHO...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FootballFan » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:40 pm

When it comes to transfers the BM board has to be held more accountable then people think.
FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby aterford » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:49 pm

#12 wrote:Jupp would've continued for at least one more year had we not ditched him...
Of course, I think that's the reason why he won the treble in the first place IMHO...

Hypothetically speaking, let's say he does one more year. Do we repeat as UCL champions?
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Manchu » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:56 pm

aterford wrote:
#12 wrote:Jupp would've continued for at least one more year had we not ditched him...

Hypothetically speaking, let's say he does one more year. Do we repeat as UCL champions?

Probably not(because there is a great deal of luck involved in winning the Champions League), but, had he magically become 15 years younger and stayed on as coach for another 3 years, I'm willing to bet that we'd win the Champions League once during that time span, in part because he had a very good understanding of the squad and had a brilliant record with his transfers, in part because he was good at modifying tactics to fit the opponent, and in part because Jupp was simply good at the Champions League.
Manchu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion