You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby fpaz » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:14 am

More and more Guardiola's mask is falling, Messi's times are getting far, I do not understand who insists on putting him as a football genius. For me his moment in Barça was an exception, away from Catalonia he follows a good good coach, but super ordinary compared to other coaches in evidence. Already accumulates failures in PL for Klopp, Conte, Pochettino and even Koeman. He sets up fragile teams, players on the edge of error, forcing their players to make mistakes, strips the cast of confidence, invents positions, mental and physical damage resulting in injuries, is a show of problems that Guardiola presents year after year. He may even win some titles in the next few years, but the promised dominance I believe he can not. It's no use blaming Kolarov or others, the City team is good, the cast is the best they've ever had, they've been English champions and they've come a long way at UCL recently. Regardless of the circumstances the team has De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Sané, Stones, Fernandinho, players with space in any other cast of the world. If Conte takes the best of Moses, Klopp of Milner, Simeone of Fernandez, because Guardiola can not mount a stable defense? The blame is clearly on his obsessive gambling philosophy, playing the ball back and pretending to be dominant, pretending to be in possession, pretending to follow Cruyff, this will not make him win from strong teams. Thanks to God for seeing Guardiola away from Bayern today, it was well worth the bet, but thank goodness it was over.
fpaz
Getting the hang of it

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:18 pm

Ironic thing is that Jose Mourinho had a stack RM side that never won the Champs League. A stack Chelsea side that never won champs league.

He won both his cups with Inter Milan and Porto, rather than the superpower money teams he managed.

PEP did more for Bayern, than vice versa imo. THe board recognizes Pep's true value, its sad that the fans dont.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:39 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Ironic thing is that Jose Mourinho had a stack RM side that never won the Champs League. A stack Chelsea side that never won champs league.

He won both his cups with Inter Milan and Porto, rather than the superpower money teams he managed.

PEP did more for Bayern, than vice versa imo. THe board recognizes Pep's true value, its sad that the fans dont.

Are you serious ? What could they say the board? Yes we been stupid we let go a coach who won the treble and we brought Pep . We also been stupid to let go players like Gustavo Mandzu Kroos or Bastian .
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby JANCKER » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:05 pm

If this guy is a Bayern fan then I'm a T-rex.
Take a deep breath and repeat after me… GOOS-FRA-BA... GOOSFRABA...
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Manchu » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:16 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:Ironic thing is that Jose Mourinho had a stack RM side that never won the Champs League. A stack Chelsea side that never won champs league.

No one brought up Mourinho or claimed that he was better than Pep. In fact, I hold a great degree of contempt of Mourinho while I mostly pity Pep's inability to move beyond the philosophy that won him trophies at Barcelona.

In fact, I would rather have Pep as coach for 3 years than have Mourinho for 1, because Mourinho would completely screw us over within 1 and with Pep we would mildly underperform.

Effenberg777 wrote:Are you serious ? What could they say the board? Yes we been stupid we let go a coach who won the treble and we brought Pep . We also been stupid to let go players like Gustavo Mandzu Kroos or Bastian .

Honestly, I think Pep really screwed over our squad planning. Heynckes left us with a young world class squad with multiple good backups in every single position. Pep left us with an aging world-class squad which screwed over by one injury.
Manchu
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby prasun77 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:23 pm

Whatever Pep did but please don't say we miss gustavo.mandzu or basti..(I personally would go ahead and even say kroos..coz there's no way kroos is starting above thiago or vidal and I prefer muller as no.10 feeding of lewa)
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:35 pm

The bayern of 2013 didnt have good backups, we were dependable of the starting squad, what impress me is how Heynckes manage the starting team for prevent as much as possible the injuries, a factor that help us to win everything.

Pep fault was to destroy the continuity of the treble team by changing lahm of position, ignoring the importance of the presence of a defensive midfielder by ignoring javi martinez and selling luiz gustavo, and also making us less aggressive and vertical for keep possession.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:18 pm

Had pep gotten Neymar to bayern, rather than Gotze the football world would of been so much different for both Bayern and Barcelona and even Real madrid.

At Bayern, Pep probably never had the control he wanted in terms of player personnel and the team tactically was not a similar team to pep's barca teams. Kind of like Man City actually.

Only manager that I would bet would of definitely won a champs league during the pep era with munich would be Jose. However, long term he probably would f up the club bad

To be honest, Pep's tenure was just f over because of cosntant injuries with key players: Thiago, Martinez, Robbery and even Boateng. In addition, when lahm moved to rb, the club never bought a rb all that time and kept on trying to rely on injury prone Robbery instead. Gotze was also another guy that was never fit or barely during his time here.
Last edited by Thiagoalcantara on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby Effenberg777 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:19 pm

prasun77 wrote:Whatever Pep did but please don't say we miss gustavo.mandzu or basti..(I personally would go ahead and even say kroos..coz there's no way kroos is starting above thiago or vidal and I prefer muller as no.10 feeding of lewa)

Go and watch some other sport than, you are deluded if you even think to say we dont missed/miss any of those. Coz we cant compare Bastian level from now with the one he had before living. You watched juve vs barca game? If you didnt saw a player like Mandzu then I am wasting my time trying to explain how important are some players.
Effenberg777
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
El Salvador

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:22 pm

Manchu wrote:Honestly, I think Pep really screwed over our squad planning. Heynckes left us with a young world class squad with multiple good backups in every single position. Pep left us with an aging world-class squad which screwed over by one injury.

How is that his fault when our board is allergic to spending money?
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:29 pm

Effenberg777 wrote:
prasun77 wrote:Whatever Pep did but please don't say we miss gustavo.mandzu or basti..(I personally would go ahead and even say kroos..coz there's no way kroos is starting above thiago or vidal and I prefer muller as no.10 feeding of lewa)

Go and watch some other sport than, you are deluded if you even think to say we dont missed/miss any of those. Coz we cant compare Bastian level from now with the one he had before living. You watched juve vs barca game? If you didnt saw a player like Mandzu then I am wasting my time trying to explain how important are some players.

Bastian was done...

Mandzu leaving you can surely blame the board for signing Lewandowski, moreso than pep.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby tflags » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:48 am

Effenberg777 wrote:

Hello there. I was about to thank prasun's post and he's quite right. Having said that please go easy with these comments; he does have a point. As important as that Croatian dude was (I'm not mentioning his name) he didn't play vs Barza at the Allianz, it was Gómez doing the offside goal for us on that 4-0 trashing. On the return leg, it was all Robben, XXX and Piqué doing the goals for us as well. Prasun does have a point.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:22 am

I'd say prasun's point is fairly obvious, actually. Pep did have a negative effect on our squad planning though; it seems to me KHR was sure he'd extend and we made our transfers with him in mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ziklitschli » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:12 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:PEP did more for Bayern, than vice versa imo.

Which is what exactly? I really wonder which contribution of his outweighs delaying him getting exposed as a fraud for 3 years.

I know you think Bayern is average in Europe but it's quite frankly BS.

The board recognizes Pep's true value, its sad that the fans dont.

Official words from the board on the matter are close to meaningless.
Ziklitschli
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Rauntšik » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:34 am

Pep was an essential part of development for this club, both footballing wise and for international recognition and growth.
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion