You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:25 am

Pep Guardiola: ‘Maybe I am not good enough for Manchester City’ [source]
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:34 am

looooooool

That is quite fascinating.

Guardiola’s statement on Friday that he is possibly not of the requisite standard came when he was asked if City’s players are as good as those he coached at Barcelona and Bayern Munich. “Maybe I am not good enough for them,” he said. “They are Manchester City players, they have a lot of quality. They showed that many times in the past and this season. I have respect for the guys, so why would I say the guys are not good? I don’t understand the lack of respect for the professionals when they are amazing players and [the question suggests] they are not good enough for me.”

I'm no psychologist or mind reader, but the way this was worded it can almost be read between the lines as a passive way of saying "I'm not good enough to coach players inferior to Bayern and Barca players".

He clearly knows Kolarov is not as good as Alaba or Abidal, Zabaleta nowhere near as good as Lahm, Otamendi no Boateng or Pique, Fernandinho not the same quality as Busquets or Thiago. Half of them are aging terribly as well. I reckon he's getting quite good at the Mourinho way of taking pressures off players, that's the sort of thing the English media do to you.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby aterford » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:35 am

IMO, it's basically a polite way of saying "I've got a terrible roster", haha
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ziklitschli » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:49 am

aterford wrote:So, let's recap.

Yeah

-Bigger global presence, transfer influence, and Bayern brand than ever before

Bigger global presence than when we've thrashed Barca 7:0 and won the CL? Yeah

Transfer presence? Like what, spending more and getting less thropies?

-Better financial situation than ever

Thanks to Pep? He wasn't given total control over transfers, please watch City carefuly to see how it goes.

-Every key player saw improvement

What? After 3 years of his idiotic micromanagement, players like Alaba could be seen lost in a standard system. Lewandowski put 4 to Real in CL SF before PeP, how did Pep exactly improve him? Muller CL winner and World Champion a year into Pep's tenure, how did the latter improve the former. Etc. He helped Kimmich yes, who would be just as good given a chance by anyone else.

Not to mention players exhausted and picking injuries left and right. Oh no sorry it was a medical team's fault.

-Continued run of dominant form in UCL even without trophy

Thrashed like kids by Spaniards we were eating alive 2 years before.

-Better domestically than ever

With BvB in crisis first 2 years we were still the worst if the league consisted only of 4 best teams point-wise. Third year it was better thanks to players quality/ form when it mattered (for BL only though) and Pep giving up some of his worst bs.

-Put in a position to win for years to come

What?? By Pep? How? What kind of bs sweeping and meaningless statement is that?

Or you mean how we can't even defend and have to relearn normal football?

I have yet to find a quantifiable metric that would suggest we are not better off now than we were three years ago. And no, "retirement home" is not quantifiable.

Try results vs Spaniards. Results vs best teams in BL first two years. Away results. Injuries.

"We have NEVER played better than we have under Pep. We have often been successful, but rarely called beautiful. Under Pep, everyone raved at our football" --Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

That's probably the only nice thing he found to say about Pep, and meant better as in stylish. Because otherwise that statement is pure bs.

You know, fine. You can say Pep's time at Bayern wasn't a success, fine. I disagree, but that's okay. But the notion that he "destroyed us" or "turned us into a retirement home" is just flat out ridiculous and wholly unfounded.

He's a fraud and ruined the team's incredible chances to dominate the football world.

Enough to look at City now to see what happens to his bs ideas when there's no Neuer to bail him out, Mueller/ Lewa to keep half the opposite team stuckt to their box, Robben to get brilliant etc. It's a testament to Bayern players discipline, intelligence and football quality that Guardiola time here wasn't a disaster.
Ziklitschli
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:31 pm

aterford wrote:IMO, it's basically a polite way of saying "I've got a terrible roster", haha

I'm sure he believes that, but he used to say similar things when he was our coach. He always tries to praise his players... 1000 Dantes anyone?
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Ziklitschli wrote:What? After 3 years of his idiotic micromanagement, players like Alaba could be seen lost in a standard system. Lewandowski put 4 to Real in CL SF before PeP, how did Pep exactly improve him? Muller CL winner and World Champion a year into Pep's tenure, how did the latter improve the former. Etc. He helped Kimmich yes, who would be just as good given a chance by anyone else.

Alaba seems lost now, when Pep is no longer the coach. Muller had his best seasons (statistically) with Pep.
He scored 79 goals in 3 years (over 20 every season). He scored less than that in the rest of the seasons (including this one) put together. This season he's had almost half the amount of appearances he got in each of the last 3 seasons, and has only scored 4 so far.
Lewandowski was a world class transfer so obviously he had already had great moments. It's hard to compare considering they're completely different teams. The question is, how much influence did Pep being here have on Lewandowski's decision to move? I don't know the answer to that, but he does seem to attract players.
What you say about Kimmich is beside the point - maybe someone else would not have given him a chance. We credit LVG with Muller, Alaba etc., so Pep should be credited with Kimmich and Thiago.

Ziklitschli wrote:Thrashed like kids by Spaniards we were eating alive 2 years before.

We destroyed Barca 2 years before they beat us (with a MUCH better lineup than they had in 2013). I don't recall us eating alive any other Spanish team. It took penalties vs Real. Also, only Real in 2014 really thrashed us. Atletico weren't better than us, and Barca faced us when we were far from having our best available players and still only managed to score in the last 10 minutes, which admittedly were a fiasco. Aggregate difference was only 2 goals.

Ziklitschli wrote:With BvB in crisis first 2 years we were still the worst if the league consisted only of 4 best teams point-wise. Third year it was better thanks to players quality/ form when it mattered (for BL only though) and Pep giving up some of his worst bs.

Who cares? The league doesn't consist of only the best 4 teams. We were way more consistent than the others. People say he obviously won because he inherited a CL winning team, by that logic he had a big challenge because he was competing with a CL runner up. In the last season, BVB weren't in crisis, and we still finished comfortably ahead. The last time they weren't in crisis and we had another coach, they won the league twice...

Ziklitschli wrote:Or you mean how we can't even defend and have to relearn normal football?

And this is my main problem with all of this. I liked Pep's time here, but I'm over him. Pep is past now. But it is undeniable that we are currently doing worse than we ever did in his 3 years. It's beyond ridiculous that people are blaming Pep and saying things like we have to relearn how to play. These problems weren't there before. It's obvious our current coach is doing something wrong. May he change that and may we have a record-breaking season that puts Pep to shame, but he has to be responsible for whatever happens, good or bad, not Pep.

Ziklitschli wrote:Enough to look at City now to see what happens to his bs ideas when there's no Neuer to bail him out, Mueller/ Lewa to keep half the opposite team stuckt to their box, Robben to get brilliant etc. It's a testament to Bayern players discipline, intelligence and football quality that Guardiola time here wasn't a disaster.

Well, that makes him a bad coach for City. He hasn't (so far) been able to find a strategy that works with his players. But it worked with ours as it worked with Barca before (as you said, our players' quality and intelligence made it work), so what's the problem with that? I for one really enjoy seeing City in this position because I dislike the club, but that doesn't have any effect on Guardiola's results here.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ziklitschli » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:21 pm

Yes Ancelotti is doing sth wrong, like playing Alonso, or counterproductive formation. He is still winning the league though, with bad formation, bad lineups, older squad and not really much of a tactical plan, all chewing gum and looking not arsed in the slightest. It should say all about Guardiola "success" here in the league.

Yes it was a all our players quality and intelligence, that his detached from reality system almost worked. Said intelligence could be used for better things though than 2 years of learning experimental system and the quality for better things than preventing it from collapse mid game.

Aggregate diff vs Barca was 2 goals because that's what they needed. After our goal in 2nd leg they showed that they can go and score whenever they please vs that bs Pep devised. Anyway yes if you want to pick on words then eating alive is too much said. The point is that we were pathetic in comparision during Pep's era.

You don't believe the idea that players who were micromanaged and being automated for 3 years (even during games) need time to shake it off, fine. It's not ridiculous though.
Ziklitschli
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:55 pm

Like I said yesterday, neither side will convince the other. :coffee: Sure, Ancelotti is still winning the league, but the difference with Guardiola is huge. He is already just one more loss in the league and one loss and a draw away from not having had better seasons than Guardiola's first and last. Now for all I know we might win all the remaining 18 games, but that draw was already deserved yesterday. Many of Pep's dropped points in his first season came after we won the league, too.

Something as simple as playing Alonso, or using a counter-productive formation, does not sound as revolutionary as imposing a system that apparently makes players forget how to play football. Why aren't the players' quality and intelligence doing the same for Ancelotti as they did for Guardiola? He even has a superior squad on paper AND has had our best players available more often! (that latter point is credit to him, it's now evident Guardiola's methods contributed to our injuries)

But hey, if winning 3 league titles, setting a good number of records including most consecutive titles, plus 2 cups and being among the top 4 in Europe every season is pathetic, I don't know what we were for the past 40 years, considering we only won the CL twice and weren't anywhere close in many of them.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:34 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Like I said yesterday, neither side will convince the other.

Its not about convicing. Someone said before and i will repeat that - what annoys me is when we (the guys who dont hate Pep) get called "fanboys" and other idiot names. That should be stopped, at least on a forum like this.

tflags wrote:As always I hope the main difference in extremes at both sides of the Pepdulum remains in the fact that for some reason his extreme detractors take things personal: "Cockroach" and "fanboys" anyone?

Yes, I guessed it. Tflags said the same.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby FCB general » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:50 pm

zozon wrote:I know you are a Pep hater, but you are a Pep BLIND hater, which is the worst kind.

You know nothing and that's the best part. But keep enjoying in your world. :)

zozon wrote:Grow some balls and stop bitch-slapping Pep here & there, there is no need to do that.

I didn't know that is possible to do it. Give me the recipe for growing balls and I'll try to grow them more. :)
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:52 pm

FCB general wrote:
zozon wrote:I know you are a Pep hater, but you are a Pep BLIND hater, which is the worst kind.

zozon wrote:Grow some balls and stop bitch-slapping Pep here & there, there is no need to do that.

I didn't know that is possible to do it. Give me the recipe for growing balls and I'll try to grow them more. :)

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:06 pm

FCB general wrote:

I disagree with your opinion of Pep but impossible not to thank this :lol: :lol: :lol: No need to direct posts personally though
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby zozon » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:27 am

FCB general wrote:You know nothing and that's the best part. But keep enjoying in your world. :)

1. You were the one who said that winning CL (and the number of times he has won it) doesnt really matter in one coach's CV, so I guess your world is bad...

2. As for the second - I didn't know one can get his balls bigger by following or using a recipe as a guide, but I see you do know that a recipe is needed. You sure know your way about that topic, personal experience is always good. Maybe your previous recipe didn't worked as expected?
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby aterford » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:46 pm

"You cannot blame Pep for anything. Manchester City will be patient. They have no other option but to enter the transfer market and bring in some quality players in order to give Pep the chance to be successful....There is not as much individual quality at Manchester City as at Barcelona or Bayern."

However...

"We will keep all our best players here and not allow anyone to leave. We have the same goals as Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea and Juventus and we need our best players to achieve those goals. Money is not important. Things have become much more difficult in England because all clubs have invested a lot of money...And things are more complicated at Manchester City than at Barcelona and Bayern Munich. There is a different football culture in England. It is much more physical and all about kick and rush. That makes it hard to stick to Pep's philosophy."

Karl-Heinz Rummenigge for BILD
aterford
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:15 pm

Bad for him... I think he was warned.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion