You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby JANCKER » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Poor guy, got richer for like 60m and got to keep his reputation... he was treated really badly here. The media created this good cop, bad cop crap Pep and Mou...
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:46 am

pyrasur wrote:Maybe he was too crazy for some. I'm done worrying about the people who are so vindictive over him they can't simply support the Bayern family, the ones found a way to make even club legends guilty by association. It's sad to me but it is what it is.

I enjoyed having Guardiola as our coach. Sometimes he was too guarded, sometimes he pushed too hard on others. But the times he let his emotions out, man that let you know he loved this club. Him holding Kimmich to the highest standards but still hugging him like a son, his reactions when our players did something out of this world. I still miss the little craziness, using Manu to the max, putting our players in the weirdest positions to prove that they were more than simply a world class player in their position, they could be world class period. He never got us the Champions League, he didn't turn out to be the Messiah, but he worked his ass of for us and it's touching to me that he will always consider himself a Bayern fan. That makes him a member of the Bayern family to me, I don't care really if others don't think the same.

Very well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby aterford » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:11 am

pyrasur wrote:Maybe he was too crazy for some. I'm done worrying about the people who are so vindictive over him they can't simply support the Bayern family, the ones found a way to make even club legends guilty by association. It's sad to me but it is what it is.

I enjoyed having Guardiola as our coach. Sometimes he was too guarded, sometimes he pushed too hard on others. But the times he let his emotions out, man that let you know he loved this club. Him holding Kimmich to the highest standards but still hugging him like a son, his reactions when our players did something out of this world. I still miss the little craziness, using Manu to the max, putting our players in the weirdest positions to prove that they were more than simply a world class player in their position, they could be world class period. He never got us the Champions League, he didn't turn out to be the Messiah, but he worked his ass of for us and it's touching to me that he will always consider himself a Bayern fan. That makes him a member of the Bayern family to me, I don't care really if others don't think the same.

This. Even with our failures in the CL in recent years (though, TBH, 99% of clubs in the world would consider them massive successes...but that's another story), it's hard to overstate just how impactful Pep was for this club. And it really felt like Pep did try his best to get involved in Bayern's 'culture' and to try and become a part of the family. He was never loved here as much as he deserved, IMO.

Pep has always seemed to be a pretty restless soul so I doubt he would have stayed with us no matter how much money we offered, but I still firmly believe that if Pep was around for a couple more seasons or so he would have undoubtedly cracked the CL for us. But...it's in the past now. I still hope he comes back someday. I, for one, wouldn't complain one bit.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:47 am

Every time Man City lose, Pep Guardiola loses reputation and strength-perception. The worse the perception of Guardiola is, the better Bayern looks.

For example, imagine you get the worst coach in the world and you still reach the CL semifinals 3 years in a row, one would wonder what would happen if there was another coach instead.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:27 am

MUTU wrote:Every time Man City lose, Pep Guardiola loses reputation and strength-perception. The worse the perception of Guardiola is, the better Bayern looks.

For example, imagine you get the worst coach in the world and you still reach the CL semifinals 3 years in a row, one would wonder what would happen if there was another coach instead.

#12 would probably argue that we're 3 semifinals away from that happening

FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Wút? No thanks from ramsej? :lol:

Pyrasur, you are a better person than I am. I can't get over how people can't put their negative emotions aside as they simply jump at a "3-0 vs Barza@@@!!! every time they hear the "cockroach's" name (Jancker referring to Guardiola). I mean, just to go and insult a coach who was such an imbecile as to let his team lose against such a poor Barcelona or an ingenious free kick by the new Balon d'Or winner.

Again, I think there are better people who can manage these discussions. I simply can't understand the hate.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:55 pm

It is general perception among experts that he miscoached in three consecutive semifinals...
Also, I think the 3-0 was not half as bad as the 0-4 to RM!
Either way... He is not a bad coach, he's just stubborn as ****! And he failed to learn from it, in his time here... Naturally, I hope he keeps doing that now, since he coaches Shitty... And honestly, I don't want him to have that kind of success after "ruining" (quotes for emphasis that I understood we're complaining on a high level here...) three years of what should have been the greatest period in the history of this club...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:37 pm

Why did Pep have to league for logic to be used in this thread?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby JANCKER » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:09 pm

MUTU wrote:Every time Man City lose, Pep Guardiola loses reputation and strength-perception. The worse the perception of Guardiola is, the better Bayern looks.

Not exactly what he himself tried to state here... not sure if he's backing 'the PL is too hard, Messi would choke'. :-k

Weird he didn't mention how much did it take to Mancini.

I said give the man more time and preferably more millions to spend, I wasn't wrong.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Coman » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:22 pm

I don't forget how he turns a monster of a machine into a weak defensive machine.
-> Carlo is trying to fix it !
I don't forget how he turns a many plan team into a one plan team.
-> Carlo is trying to have a more vertical team
I don't forget how he turns a team with the lower ratio player/injured in Europe into the #1 team in the category.
-> Right now we only have Coman who was injured by Martinez and Green who isn't important out of the squad. Miracle ?
I don't forget how he took almost one year and a half to understand that Müller should be behind Lewandowski/Mandzukic.
-> I was so disappoint about Ancelotti who didn't understand this immediatly than I was sceptical about him. But he took 4 months "only".
I don't forget how he used Lahm as MF, thing that decrease his RB level.
-> Ancelotti fixed that quickly
I don't forget the biggest humiliation Bayern took against Barcelona or Madrid while 2 years before, we beat or humiliate them.
I don't forget it should have been another humiliation against Juventus, never we deserved to win it.
I don't forget how frail he was in almost every away game in knock out.

-> Let's see what's Ancelotti will do in 3 years.

You can forget if you want. I can't.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Pelin » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Pep was good for league though some humiliation such as vs Gladbach, Wolfsburg and BVB, however his style was always very risky and vulnerable vs strong teams in CL.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:10 am

Really, Pep's Bayern is being called a one plan team and of all coaches Ancelotti's Bayern is the given solution? Mind you I'm not sure that's what Coman tried to say. Sure, he's trying to have a more vertical team - that's undeniable. But it doesn't change the fact that he is way less ready to try and change things than Pep was.

FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:18 am

We don't try to win every game with possession... that's what Coman tried to say. That's plan B, plan B is defending.

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Pep Guardiola claims he is "not coaching tackles" [source]
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:13 pm

"Before I came here I was told the Premier League was the toughest in the world, everyone can beat anyone. Now I accept it. It is not easy."

I missed this, he said this in October. Twat.

Conte is doing fine as it was the Italian Serie B.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Coman » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Maybe because Conte adapts his tactics to the league and the players he has.

Plus, the fact he doesn't play Europe.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion