You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Badger » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:24 pm

Further to my comments on Guardiola's rotation of the fuller squad, in my blog article "Six Months Later", I would like to add the news that Guardiola stated/promised in the second week at Doha that there would be a lot more rotation in the second half of the season. I greet that as good news, and regard it as a mark of strength and confidence on the part of Guardiola.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:30 pm

Badger wrote:Further to my comments on Guardiola's rotation of the fuller squad, in my blog article "Six Months Later", I would like to add the news that Guardiola stated/promised in the second week at Doha that there would be a lot more rotation in the second half of the season. I greet that as good news, and regard it as a mark of strength and confidence on the part of Guardiola.

Wow! That is really good to hear if what you said is true. With everyone coming back healthy Pep will actually be tested in his player management skills with so many talented players in the squad. I hope he finds a healthy balance...
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Badger » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:35 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:
Badger wrote:Further to my comments on Guardiola's rotation of the fuller squad, in my blog article "Six Months Later", I would like to add the news that Guardiola stated/promised in the second week at Doha that there would be a lot more rotation in the second half of the season. I greet that as good news, and regard it as a mark of strength and confidence on the part of Guardiola.

Wow! That is really good to hear if what you said is true. With everyone coming back healthy Pep will actually be tested in his player management skills with so many talented players in the squad. I hope he finds a healthy balance...

It is on the official Bayern website...
https://www.fcbayern.de/en/news/news/2014/guardiolas-qatar-summary-120114.php
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Badger » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:00 am

Quoted in TZ today:

Guardiola: „Wir haben so viele Spiele, alle drei Tage. Wir brauchen alle Spieler. Ich habe einen großen Kader. Es hängt von der Performance ab, aber wer fit ist, wird auch spielen. In der Hinrunde konnte ich nicht rotieren, da waren viele, viele wichtige Spieler verletzt. Jetzt muss der ganze Kader spielen. Jeder verdient es, zu spielen.“ Stammelf? War einmal! Heute heißt es Stammzwanzig…

Rough translation:
Guardiola: "We have so many games - every third day. We need all the players. I have a great squad. It depends on the performance, but whoever is fit will also play. In the first half of the season I couldn't rotate, because many many important players were injured. Now the whole squad must play. Everyone deserves to play."
Main eleven? That used to be the case. Today it is called main twenty...
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Well, when we had injuries we were also dominating the opposition, especially in the Bundesliga. And we still didn't see playing time for Hojbjerg, Green, Schoepf, Weiser and Weihrauch, all of whom have a professional contract. I'd say that with everyone back their chances will be even slimmer now. It's easy to say certain things (rotation), but actions speak louder than words, Mr Guardiola.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:23 pm

Oh please. it is not as if his ball control is akin to that of Ribéry or Thiago. Damn, wait!
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Pep want really forced to rotate a lot in the first season cause of injuries but with everyone coming back healthy(except Badstuber)he is gonna have to rotate more this time around

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:11 pm

My point was: if players who are considered 3rd, 4th or 5th choice in their positions didn't get any playing time when injuries hit the players ahead of them, how can they expect to see playing time now?
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AdepT » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:29 pm

The problem is even too much rotation will leave few players unhappy. It's not like everyone needs a rest every other game. :|
That's where discontentment begins.

As for the players MUTU mentioned, they should be loaned out at the earliest. Or maybe the board is thinking of FCB II's promotion and everyone will be loaned out next year. After all, promotion from Regionalliga is very very very difficult( :pep: ). Only first place team gets a shot and they too need to play a play-off game with another first place team from another region. As I see it, the process is more difficult than promotion from 2.Buli to 1.Buli and that might be the issue on the head of our management.
3 Liga is a must this year. :|
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:42 pm

AdepT wrote:The problem is even too much rotation will leave few players unhappy. It's not like everyone needs a rest every other game. :|
That's where discontentment begins.

As for the players MUTU mentioned, they should be loaned out at the earliest. Or maybe the board is thinking of FCB II's promotion and everyone will be loaned out next year. After all, promotion from Regionalliga is very very very difficult( :pep: ). Only first place team gets a shot and they too need to play a play-off game with another first place team from another region. As I see it, the process is more difficult than promotion from 2.Buli to 1.Buli and that might be the issue on the head of our management.
3 Liga is a must this year. :|

I kinda agree with you here, its not like Green, Weiser, Schopf and possibly Hojbjerg are needed right now in the first team. If Bayern clinch the BuLi title early they will see playing time then but till then they would be better used helping Bayern II get promoted but they are on break till March so till then Pep should find playing time or a loan. Imo its pointless for Pep to have them sitting on the bench, they should either be loaned to a BuLi or 2.BuLi team or sent back to help Bayern II clinch promotion.

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby AdepT » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:26 am

How do you like it Pep?
Happy, happy super Birthday! :?

Nonetheless, a very happy birthday Boss! :D
I hope someone pulls pranks on him today at training.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:30 am

I wish you a happy, happy birthday Pep.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:29 am

Happy B day Pep!

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Element » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:00 pm

Happy birthday PEP
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby ballackfcb » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:01 pm

Happy Birthday Pep
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion