You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Alaba was never the best left back in the world (maybe except the treble season and that's about it, he was just one of the best out there but his defending hasn't been very good for a fullback) and Lahm's decline is due to age. He's been saying for years that he now prefers playing in midfield, running up and down the flank takes its toll after a certain age. He'll retire in 2 years.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:57 pm

Rummenigge is right. People like Rummenigge, Breitner, Beckenbauer, Hoeness are the reason many of today's self-entitled kids became Bayern fans today.

And no matter how much they complain, Bayern won't change this attitude, and those people like KHR, Breitner, Hoeness and Beckenbauer will be there as long as they live, just like they were there before many of today's fans were born, lifting this club from dark days to its current heights. And they'll only be replaced by people of same mentality one day and that's when they are sure of those replacements themselves.

The attitude is simple: I'd rather watch a team that attacks and is entertaining than a wimpy team that defends and looks for a chance to counter so that we can score one and park the bus. That's why they got rid of Heynckes. Well they would've kept him but the result and the football that season that he delivered was unprecedented by the time the club has made the decision, so too bad. Besides he was retiring anyway. Club's reasoning was that the club is more interested in building playing identity and tactical sophistication that defines a big club. And no matter how much some may say that the glory is more important, the club doesn't give a **** at this point.

Just like Real Madrid doesn't give a **** and fires their coaches if they don't like his play style, even after he wins a title for them. To them, it's also important to win in Real Madrid style. Or in the past 10 years, Barcelona for that matter.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:51 am

8 goals conceded in the last 3 games: it looks like the genius started to become exposed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Achilles » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:38 am

@Jorge
One win in the last SIX home games, imagine that...
Well that's what happens when you have the chance to play Neuer-Lahm-Boateng-Hummels-Alaba instead of you chose Bravo-Zaba-Stones-Kolarov it's called reality, he is a genius indeed but he isn't a magician transforming Stones to Pique, Bravo to Neuer and... Kolarov to Alaba.
He is stubborn enough though to place Sagna(!) and Stones as a duo CB to an extremely high line against Vardy and Mahrez. Exposed!

I'd like Pep to succeed but I'm wondering if he ends up out of the CL spots, can we lure De Bruyne ? 8)
You know getting Hoeness to tell him "Look Kevin, Kalle had drinking problems lately, we handled the situation previously very wrong, how about raise it 200k-a-week to repay you the damage you suffered, you play CM/AM whatever you want, Robben retires, you take #10 on your back, everybody is happy"

Moreover, it's a matter of principles, time for Effenberg to identify and acknowledge that De Bruyne is his biological son, no shame.
See Pep? You finish 5th and you reunite a family!
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:44 am

Bayern was not the right club for him, it's obvious... we didn't give him enough 'Pep players'. I see the lack of 'Pep players' as the main problem. :P
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:05 pm

Will you leave the man alone? There's no such thing as "Pep players", there's players who have awareness and good positioning and there's players who lack that quality. The goals they conceded yesterday has nothing to do with a "highline", their players were in their own box when they conceded the first 2 goals, doing nothing but watching Leicester players.

He's gotta do a lot of house cleaning and training there. He's basically playing with 5 Dante's in his backline and defensive midfield at the moment. You gotta be careful what you wish for..
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby JANCKER » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:11 pm

I remember it reading somewhere and thought it was a thing. :oops:
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:13 pm

I've been reading the last two pages (everything from Muller to CR7 to Atlético and every imaginable off topic possible) and thought to myself, God a non-millennial post soon please!
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:04 pm

fashiondesign_guru wrote:Will you leave the man alone? There's no such thing as "Pep players", there's players who have awareness and good positioning and there's players who lack that quality. The goals they conceded yesterday has nothing to do with a "highline", their players were in their own box when they conceded the first 2 goals, doing nothing but watching Leicester players.

He's gotta do a lot of house cleaning and training there. He's basically playing with 5 Dante's in his backline and defensive midfield at the moment. You gotta be careful what you wish for..

I'm gonna once again bring a question up I've at least asked twice in another way already: is a great coach one who brings out the best in the players he HAS, or one who buys the players he WANTS?
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:08 pm

#12 wrote:or one who buys the players he WANTS?

Both God dammit, BOTH!!! :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:14 pm

Maybe so, but not if he needs to buy more than half a team first

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:23 pm

He didn't take over a machine and obviously they don't a Messi coming up from the youth ranks to save his reputation this time but who knows maybe sheikhs will find a solution. Pep players are treble winners, Messi and the likes.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Jorge » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:29 pm

19 goals allowed in 15 EPL games and this with the highest team payroll in the world. Maybe the philosophical principle that possession is the best way to defend (and he is able to teach it with endless training hours focused in possession) has something to do with the fact that he did not ask his big pocket bosses to overhaul the backline.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:36 pm

fashiondesign_guru wrote:He's gotta do a lot of house cleaning and training there. He's basically playing with 5 Dante's in his backline and defensive midfield at the moment. You gotta be careful what you wish for..

Are you talking about the Jupp's Dante or Pep's Dante?

In 2013-2014 with Dante at the heart the defense, Bayern broke records for fewest goals conceded and most clean sheets in a Bundesliga season during their treble-winning campaign.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby #12 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:38 pm

Or maybe because in Piqué, Puyol, Busquets, Boateng, Martinez, Lahm, Alaba he had some of the best defensive players in the world?!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion