You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:46 am

pyrasur wrote:I don't think the Thiago fans here act like he's the Greatest Midfielder of all time. Some of us just appreciate when a Bayern player does something a little special.

No, not at all... Not like someone said he is the best creative player in Bayern history or another he should be starter every game because he is the best. :coffee:

I see some post just before who said "put Thiago with Vidal and Sanches behind him and you will see how good he is". Ok. That's mean Thiago starter instead of Müller in a AM, so that's mean being Thiago blind lover.

Thiago should be use as CM. Nothing else. If Bayern had to play with an AM, it has to be Müller and not Thiago, not at all.
Last edited by Coman on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby Roonzil » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:48 am

I'm not disputing that Müller is (and has been) in every single way more important for the club...it's the annoyance that our semi-final loss will get blamed and reblamed and reblamed on the same players, while others get a free pass because of other accomplishments.

But I'm guessing that's just something that happens when a team wins a historic treble. :roll:
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:51 am

Roonzil wrote:I'm not disputing that Müller is (and has been) in every single way more important for the club...it's the annoyance that our semi-final loss will get blamed and reblamed and reblamed on the same players, while others get a free pass because of other accomplishments.

But I'm guessing that's just something that happens when a team wins a historic treble. :roll:

The semi final loss against Atletico is more because of Guardiola (injured players, system because of injured players and fact we don't play at 100% away) than Thiago or our spanish.

If Bayern had the chance to use the same line-up at home and away, we would have win this semi without any doubt.

But the fact is, Guardiola chose to put Thiago on the bench on the second leg because something didn't work with him.

And talking about Müller you wasn't injured for the 2nd leg is a shame, if Bayern play that good in the second leg it's because of Müller playing as an AM. Another system or another player instead of him in this position, and it would have been useless to play this game.
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby zozon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:35 pm

Achilles wrote:Thiago is struggling to get in this group since he came despite his unquestionable quality.

How is he struggling? He's been a starter under out last 2 coaches, so if thats a struggle, than... :roll:
He's been playing regularly when he is fit.

Achilles wrote:All Bayern players must be treated the same way, well some of them have actually contributed much more, fact!

And yet you are naming Muller for being an established player like we have to forget when he has sucked.
I named you multiple players that sucked under Pep AND Carlo and what you did? Nothing, just typing about Muller. Deny that Lahm, Alaba, Boateng, Muller, Alonso, Lewandowski havent had VERY bad games and/or suck generally under Pep and Carlo. And yet, you are here, diminishing Thiago because he won less trophies with Bayern. Reality check - Thiago came here in 2013.

The problem is that you and others are way more forgiving for the older players just because they are in Bayern more and won more.
When they play like s*it you all are like - Oh, what the hell, that was bad, but they won this and that.
When the new players play bad you are flaming them like there is no tommorow.

But that's not what a realistic fan base should look like. Clubs dont work that way and results dont come that way. Everybody has to be evalued on their recent form, not let some players take it more easily cause they won more trophies some years ago.

If you and others tend to bash new players more just because they are new - admit it. But that's not what a realistic critism should be. Muller is sucking BAD this whole 2016, through the Euros and now again in the new season and you are like - Muller won this, Muller won that. Like fans should oversee that because he is in Bayern since forever. That is a lame excuse for a player that tends to be in the current Bayern lineup. For a shot in success, we need players to be realistically evalued on their recent form cause that's all that matters in the new season, not dragging their CV behind.

And im not talking about Muller alone - plenty of the "oldies" are playing like sh*t. And what do you do? Defending them just because they won more. Way to go, we will turn in the next AC Milan cause they also over-relied on their legends and missed on the generation transition.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Achilles » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:53 pm

Ok, there is no point to discuss further, you're twisting my words to become reliable, I repeatedly said that many oldies are crap this season while Thiago is doing much better but you keep babbling about unfairness etc.

Let's erase the past and put Lahm or Muller to the ground because they are playing crap for 1 season out of 10 and let's praise our present midfield maestro who gets owned in -almost- every big game since 2014 because you know... we're going to hurt his feelings by being biased.

If Thiago had Lahm's or Muller's CV of course I would gave him a free pass now and then because he would have earned it with his performances on the pitch, if he goes on ghost-mode or gets anihillated 8 to 10 times why should I ? Of course there is a difference between established world class players being consistent when the occasion rises up or won major trophies while being instrumental with their teams.

#-o
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:49 pm

Achilles wrote:Ok, there is no point to discuss further, you're twisting my words to become reliable, I repeatedly said that many oldies are crap this season while Thiago is doing much better but you keep babbling about unfairness etc.

Let's erase the past and put Lahm or Muller to the ground because they are playing crap for 1 season out of 10 and let's praise our present midfield maestro who gets owned in -almost- every big game since 2014 because you know... we're going to hurt his feelings by being biased.

If Thiago had Lahm's or Muller's CV of course I would gave him a free pass now and then because he would have earned it with his performances on the pitch, if he goes on ghost-mode or gets anihillated 8 to 10 times why should I ? Of course there is a difference between established world class players being consistent when the occasion rises up or won major trophies while being instrumental with their teams.

#-o

Stop trying to discuss with a guy who said "Thiago is the best creative player in Bayern history". [-X
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby JANCKER » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:44 pm

Roonzil wrote:
JANCKER wrote:I didn't blame Robben in 2012 so don't expect me to blame Mueller for a two-legged game.

If we are so forgiving of players who f*ck up majorly in one game of a two-legged game, why on earth do I keep seeing that picture of our collective Spanish brainfart away to Atletico???

If we forgive Müller for the home game, we should forgive Thiago et all for the away game. Can't forgive one and heavily criticise the other. [-X
Thiago has mentioned multiple times how much he regrets his actions in that game, and how he's learnt from it (by the looks of this season, he indeed HAS learnt from it). Why then do some people keep bringing that up?!

In 2012, subbing out Mueller was considered a big mistake cause he was the designated penalty taker that night... but as you can see even Mueller could've missed that 2012 penalty, same as someone else could've missed that penalty against Atletico. It can happen to anyone to miss a penalty... it happens to the all time greatest.

I blame the defense in 2012 who couldn't defend the single chance of the game. There is attack and defense in the game, you know... we were never going to go past any of RM, Barca and Atletico in these years.
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby FCB general » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:58 pm

JANCKER wrote:KHR started drinking early in the morning today. :P

This is why I pronounced him the Asshole. He still can't see the total domination in the attacking possession-based football with element of heavy pressing and gegenpressing, direct football and long balls. We've had absolutely everything in 2012/2013 and had more options than under Guardiola and Ancelotti that was perfectly made for us. Guardiola wasn't that type to continue in that direction. Silly thing is, in Barcelona they always look to continue in more or less the same direction. In Bayern, they said we won't continue but go for the Hollywood glory, etc. Now even some of Guardiola fans are talking about 4-2-3-1 and Jupp's elements of the game back while they were against mentioning the same under Guardiola reign.

Yes, we lost three years just to conclude how 4-2-3-1 played under van Gaal and Heynckes is to Bayern what 4-3-3 is to Barcelona under van Gaal, Rijkaard, Guardiola, Enrique. :roll: :lol: At least I can be positive and have a sweet smile after all this. :)
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby zozon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:40 pm

Achilles wrote:Ok, there is no point to discuss further, you're twisting my words to become reliable, I repeatedly said that many oldies are crap this season while Thiago is doing much better but you keep babbling about unfairness etc.

#-o

And I've said that those players I mentioned have had their fair share of flops not just this season, but under Pep too, but you keep ignoring that detail cause it doesnt do you any good in your "argument"...

In fact, Alaba has had more brainfarts than Thiago in the last 3 seasons. But nooo, thats Alaba we are talking about, not that Pep pet Thiago. That's what im talking, you are biased heavily.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:52 pm

I thought Pep Guardiola was Manchester City coach now, why is he on top everytime I come here I wonder..

zozon wrote:

#-o

And I've said that those players I mentioned have had their fair share of flops not just this season, but under Pep too, but you keep ignoring that detail cause it doesnt do you any good in your "argument"...

In fact, Alaba has had more brainfarts than Thiago in the last 3 seasons. But nooo, thats Alaba we are talking about, not that Pep pet Thiago. That's what im talking, you are biased heavily.

Alaba has never been a top defender, his strength is in going forward, his technical ability and tactical flexibility to play in different positions, and several CL goals we conceded from Juventus and Atletico Madrid last year has his signature mistakes on them. In fact, our players don't know how to defend well against dribbling players it seems:

I better show than tell:

Watch the two Juventus goals in 4-2 game:

Then let's watch Saul's goal in Atletico's 1-0 win and see how our players defend, you can't blame a single coach for this kind of defending:

And of course, Griezmann's goal at the AA and guess whose mistake it is:

fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:00 pm

Yep, with Guardiola training and tactics weren't at all about defense I guess.

The only way Guardiola knows how to defend is ... possession of the ball. Possession football means taking risk with players position.

Himself said it many time "If my team has the ball, then our opponent can't score".

The 3 videos you share to us are good exemples.
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
France

Postby zozon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:13 pm

fashiondesign_guru wrote:Alaba has never been a top defender, his strength is in going forward, his technical ability and tactical flexibility to play in different positions

He's been awful in his offensive game (for the standard he himself set in 2013) the last few seasons. Even Braafheid had more decent crosses than him. Lately his only strengths are speed, stamina and social media.
pyrasur wrote:
zozon
I post all the time

Postby JANCKER » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:21 pm

Two of the best fullbacks in the world are not half of what they used to be. Great job.
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:32 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Class from Guardiola ... :shock:
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership