You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby aterford » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:35 pm

KHR is absolutely correct.
User avatar
aterford
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:40 am
Has thanked: 540 times
Been thanked: 386 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Achilles » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:52 pm

pyrasur wrote:I don't think the Thiago fans here act like he's the Greatest Midfielder of all time. Some of us just appreciate when a Bayern player does something a little special.

In other words we "the others" don't appreciate a Bayern player that does something special, c'mon that's very low...
Because he is flashy and indeed works his ass off on the field doesn't make him special, not at all, makes him decent and hard worker.
He has his moments of greatness and a couple of highlights but some really flashy highlights has -flop- Gotze too(just sayin')

The thing is that we fail miserably with Thiago being our maestro and everyone jumps on like "yeah but you didn't criticize Muller/Alaba/Lahm so hard" or "Thiago is the black sheep, treated unfairly" that's uber bullsh1t. Thiago is a midfielder and he has the keys of this team, playing a very neuralgic role in our gameplay and he is being very consistent disappearing when he is called to step up, that's it!
If you think that Thiago is capable to hold the stick of Bayern Munich's orchestra then I just disagree with you big time and a couple of good games won't change my mind and that's a mistake that I charge on Guardiola(relying on Thiago so much) since is his topic here.
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 525 times
Been thanked: 1097 times
Gender: Male

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby pyrasur » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:16 pm

See? You get so angry about some Bayern players instead of appreciating when they do something well.

No one is saying he is the master. I agree he is decent and a hard worker I think you are perhaps being a little sensitive for some reason :)
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2112 times
Been thanked: 1746 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Achilles » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:53 pm

No, not at all, just expressing my thoughts on this matter, sometimes writing becomes misunderstood, I have stopped being emotional or idolize players since Kahn retired :P

I'm praying for Thiago to prove me wrong because I rate his crazy first touch,vision and technique veeery much other things of his game I question
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 525 times
Been thanked: 1097 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby zozon » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:55 pm

Achilles wrote:If you think that Thiago is capable to hold the stick of Bayern Munich's orchestra then I just disagree with you big time and a couple of good games won't change my mind and that's a mistake that I charge on Guardiola(relying on Thiago so much) since is his topic here.


No midfielder ever held a midfield on his own, not even Xavi, not even Bastian, nobody. Thiago is in fact LOSING appreciation with the fans not because he isnt good, but because everybody else in the midfield are playing like s*it, be it on defence or on offence, no one. He is a unique offensive player and yet, he is working his ass off on the defense side of things. And even in that aspect he's been very good.

Put Vidal and Sanches behind him and see him do magic. Crticizing Thiago for things that he shouldnt do (and in fact, he does them well) is lame.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 605 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Achilles » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:25 am

zozon wrote:No midfielder ever held a midfield on his own, not even Xavi, not even Bastian, nobody. Thiago is in fact LOSING appreciation with the fans not because he isnt good, but because everybody else in the midfield are playing like s*it, be it on defence or on offence, no one. He is a unique offensive player and yet, he is working his ass off on the defense side of things. And even in that aspect he's been very good.

Put Vidal and Sanches behind him and see him do magic. Crticizing Thiago for things that he shouldnt do (and in fact, he does them well) is lame.

In fact this year he is playing much better IMO than he usually did and I was talking about his performances under Guardiola mostly so your argument about "everybody else in the midfield are playing like s*it" is invalid because I ain't talking about this year particularly that's why I mentioned "couple of games" he was Guardiola's guy on the pitch and he failed almost in every task against the big guns except the marvelous performance against Arsenal.
Unlike his partner Vidal for example who geared up his game to maximum when it mattered the most, I don't pick one game to badmouth anyone or praise either, I talk about overall, everyone can have a bad game-night, Thiago has more.
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 525 times
Been thanked: 1097 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby zozon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:51 am

Achilles wrote:veryone can have a bad game-night, Thiago has more.


Really? REALLY? Thiago has more? What about Alaba, Boateng, Lahm, Muller, Lewandowski, Alonso in the last few seasons? Really pointing a finger ONLY at Thiago?

I can name TOO much players that flopped when it mattered really the last few seasons under Pep. Thiago maybe is just a name in the whole BUNCH, not just a single-out name. That's where your problem lies - you are being biased and not bashing some other players, even though they deserve it way more.

Muller is single-handedly responsible for Bayern lacking a CL final last season and what? He even forgot what sound the net makes when a goal is scored.
Alaba is going ape-shit in the social media the last 2-3 years and what? He's a left back and I've yet to see a worse LB throwing in crosses.
Lahm is not even in the Top 10 right backs anymore and what? In fact, he isnt a proper RB anymore. Pep saw it coming, Carlo confirmed it this weekend. It's not like he's a midfield class player, he's a Bayern legend to retire, so he has to play.
Boateng is a freaking hockey player and a wannabe rapper and what?
Alonso is going to the Paraolympics and he would finish second just because he is too damn slow to take first place in a slow runner contest.
Lewa can easily go and have a Harlem Globetrotters-like career or a wielder career because of all the bars and crossbars he broke.

The only player that was always there was Vidal. And maybe Neuer. Lately Hummels joined them. All others are a hot & cold thing. Not just Thiago.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 605 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby JANCKER » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:57 am

zozon wrote:Muller is single-handedly responsible for Bayern lacking a CL final last season and what?


Just like he's responsible for making the semis possible. Too bad that he didn't get injured like Kroos in 2012/13 then nothing would've stopped Bayern from winning the CL.
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17039
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8910 times
Been thanked: 8143 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby pyrasur » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:01 am

See, I hate it when some players get singled out because then others get defensive and pointing out other players. Müller used to be forgiven much more easily until the divisiveness started.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3767
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2112 times
Been thanked: 1746 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby zozon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:03 am

JANCKER wrote:
zozon wrote:Muller is single-handedly responsible for Bayern lacking a CL final last season and what?

Too bad that he didn't get injured like Kroos in 2012/13 then nothing would've stopped Bayern from winning the CL.


We dont know that. All we know is Muller f*cked up when it really mattered and the whole match went down the drain.

Why it is so hard for fans to admit that he f*cked up and they always point to the good things he has done? Nobody denies the good things, but be a realistic and say that he f*cked it up BIG time in that match. Jeez, the Muller God cannot be flamed? :roll:
Last edited by zozon on Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
User avatar
zozon
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1109
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 10:04 am
Has thanked: 131 times
Been thanked: 605 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby JANCKER » Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:05 am

I'm just saying how unlucky we were that he didn't get injured... maybe then it would've been injuries' fault?

I didn't blame Robben in 2012 so don't expect me to blame Mueller for a two-legged game. The problem is that he must be blaming himself more than he should. Some people are of self-critical nature, Mueller always struck me as one with his reactions. The same way Neuer strikes me as highly confident.
You could see that in the interview today, he said to not make a big deal about his position even if his favorite is CAM.
Difference, in RM Carlo had to listen where to play the selfish CR7.
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17039
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 8910 times
Been thanked: 8143 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Roonzil » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:58 am

JANCKER wrote:I didn't blame Robben in 2012 so don't expect me to blame Mueller for a two-legged game.


If we are so forgiving of players who f*ck up majorly in one game of a two-legged game, why on earth do I keep seeing that picture of our collective Spanish brainfart away to Atletico???

If we forgive Müller for the home game, we should forgive Thiago et all for the away game. Can't forgive one and heavily criticise the other. [-X
Thiago has mentioned multiple times how much he regrets his actions in that game, and how he's learnt from it (by the looks of this season, he indeed HAS learnt from it). Why then do some people keep bringing that up?!
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Image
Total ho for Thiago :P
User avatar
Roonzil
I post all the time
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:54 pm
National Flag:
Netherlands
Has thanked: 165 times
Been thanked: 973 times
Gender: Female

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Achilles » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:58 am

@zozon
Maybe my English are not so good or you on purpose act like you don't know what I meant, I think I was pretty clear btw
Have you been following some of my posts lately? where I only had praise for Thiago but I'm bashing Alaba,Lahm and Muller for his poor performances? DId you read what I said a couple of months now that Hummels-Martinez is better than Hummels-Boa ?

I specifically said that I'm talking about the previous seasons under Guardiola not this year, I said this year he has been playing MUCH BETTER than he usually did in the past and I have praised in the Javi Martinez thread about his consistancy this year an element that he lacked very much under Guardiola. Now the only thing he must do is to bring his A-game with him to knock out phase.
Is that so difficult to comprehend or you are came out to collect "Thanks" ?

edit: You did know what I wrote because you quoted and thanked me in another topic,so why all this fuss ?
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 525 times
Been thanked: 1097 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Achilles » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:17 am

Aah OK now I read about the Muller thing... haha
Muller has been instrumental since he came in, he scored over 150 goals, won WC being top scorer two times, scored in a final, scored in semis he has been one of our core players with great success all over the years and some people here are claiming that Thiago must be treated the same way, well guess what they aren't on the same status, not in Bayern nor in world football, that's the way it is Muller is an established world class attacker and Thiago is struggling to get in this group since he came despite his unquestionable quality.

All Bayern players must be treated the same way, well some of them have actually contributed much more, fact!
That's the way it goes, I can't have Robben for example with D.Costa in the same bracket, Robben doesn't have to prove anything to me, always been there sometimes he may have a free pass but with D.Costa isn't the same story, he would be judged harder at some points.
Mia san mia
User avatar
Achilles
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1891
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 am
Has thanked: 525 times
Been thanked: 1097 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Coman » Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:44 am

Müller already prove everything with Bayern or Germany for 7 years, that's why he is forgiven more easily than Thiago who almost prove nothing.
GK : Neuer, Früchtl
RB : Semedo, Rafinha
CB : Boateng, Hummels, Süle, Martinez
LB : Alaba, Ghoulam
CM : Kimmich, Vidal, Thiago, Sanches, Rudy
AM : Müller, Thiago, Sanchez
RW : Robben, Coman
LW : Sanchez, Ribéry, Coman
CF : Lewandowski, Sanchez
User avatar
Coman
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 3288
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 am
Location: Rosa
National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency
Has thanked: 73 times
Been thanked: 1226 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: armonak, Bing [Bot], Nemtar and 9 guests