You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby pyrasur » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:29 am

YlonenXabi wrote:And FYI some of you are calling jokes or rubbish to some coaches that have won dozens or trophies including several CL's or even trebles

Not just the coaches. Apparently half the squad is rubbish, not to mention we are three points down and the "season is over". It's all pretty weak sauce.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:41 am

For me its the opposite. More often than not, coaches are underrated cause I'm tired of hearing things like Pep's Barcelona was so good that even with no coach they would've won everything. Or the same for Pep's Bayern. And obviously not only him.

Being in the right place in the right time... that could apply for Di Matteo's Chelsea, but certainly not for Pep or Ancelotti.

I'm surprised by the amount of people that think football is FIFA and as a coach you just have to make a line up. :shock:

JANCKER wrote:especially those who never managed a low budget team.
Otto Rehhagel > All those geniuses combined

While I agree that probably none of the current Top coaches would be able to win an Euro with Greece, I'm quite sure that Rehhagel wouldn't do anything special coaching any other top club. We saw that when he coached Bayern

There are coaches whose tactics and philosophy are more suited to smaller clubs.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby JANCKER » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:47 am

YlonenXabi wrote:While I agree that probably none of the current Top coaches would be able to win an Euro with Greece, I'm quite sure that Rehhagel wouldn't do anything special coaching any other top club. We saw that when he coached Bayern

There are coaches whose tactics and philosophy are more suited to smaller clubs.

He did the impossible twice just to show that it wasn't only casually, not only with Greece.

Inter has been changing like a dozen of managers since Mou but sometimes it isn't about the manager, that should be clear by their example...
None of these geniuses wants to take charge of Inter anymore, why so? Maybe that will change soon cause they got some money.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby tflags » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:58 am

JANCKER wrote:Otto Rehhagel > All those geniuses combined

Is that before or after he said he was going to take a vacation when asked what was going to do with Hertha being unable to avoid relegation for the second time?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby JANCKER » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:59 am

tflags wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Otto Rehhagel > All those geniuses combined

Is that before or after he said he was going to take a vacation when asked what was going to do with Hertha being unable to avoid relegation for the second time?

Pep would've avoided it with his superpowers... :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby JANCKER » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:11 am

You know what happened to Inter before their downfall? They worshiped a manager... their answer to everything was the manager...
You've got to learn something from Inter and Milan... to depend less on mercenaries and more on the academy... I think that has been neglected in the late years because we've given more importance to managers than our program and philosophy for the sake of instant success. I don't think that Ancelotti offers anything better in that aspect even if he's a less demanding type...
"Auba is not good enough for us" - said AC Milan and sold him for like 1m, that's not a good mentality...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby envagyokazapad » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:32 pm

JANCKER wrote:You know what happened to Inter before their downfall? They worshiped a manager... their answer to everything was the manager...
You've got to learn something from Inter and Milan... to depend less on mercenaries and more on the academy... I think that has been neglected in the late years because we've given more importance to managers than our program and philosophy for the sake of instant success. I don't think that Ancelotti offers anything better in that aspect even if he's a less demanding type...
"Auba is not good enough for us" - said AC Milan and sold him for like 1m, that's not a good mentality...

If anything Carlo looks worse in this aspect, because it looks like he was seen as an instant solution to our CL failures of recent years.

To be fair, there is not much else you can do when you are already on top: you don't have 2-3 seasons for a young coach to come and gel a new team together.

Milan is not a bad example though, because it was Milan whose team eventually started utterly aging. Our situation is still a lot better though, we have both name and financial power to lure big players and young talents as well if needed. I think our current issue is more with the status of certain players and the fact that we are still a little unwilling to even think about replacing them for good.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:12 pm

DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:23 pm

This reminds me of Mou speaking about inter...
Are we going the same direction as inter did?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:39 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:
rthebest wrote:Agree his away records were aweful. But he atleast worked hard and took every game seriously. Good or bad he had 3-4 plan for each game and wasn't afraid of changing things as soon as things wasn't working.

This

And FYI some of you are calling jokes or rubbish to some coaches that have won dozens or trophies including several CL's or even trebles

If Pep an Ancelotti are joke coaches, what are the rest? :shock:

There's not a magic formula to win trebles every year and we're seeing how one of the best coaches in Europe like Ancelotti is struggling with our great Bayern team. So this gives more credit to Pep and proves that winning BL is NOT as easy as some of you thought.

No, this proves that winning Bundesliga by being more predictable than the sunrise is not as easy...
I mean seriously, maybe I should manage gamedays?! Granted, I have no idea of training methods, but I'm pretty good with the pep talk... And I bet I can field a starting XI that matches his
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:08 am

Underrated trainers are those in the youth ranks who nobody ever hears of... these managers get ready made products thanks to them.
Tactics and choices are mostly what managers have to worry about... good tactics are those that make a weaker group of individuals win against a group of better individuals which we didn't manage to do since 2013, even failed against opposition that were on par with us...
There's a thing called chemistry as well, it doesn't mean that you'll have success even if you get every big name on your side.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:34 pm

Bullshit, Kimmich went from 2. Bundesliga to a guaranteed starter in Germany. All because of Pep and has nothing to do with tactics of the team. His tactics and overall management of the squad is questionable, but no question he's by far the best coach in the world. Mourinho, Wenger, Tuchel, Conte are tacticians. Ancelotti, Allegri, Löw, Ferguson are managers. Pep is the truest, most genuine coach.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby Coman » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:39 pm

Everything has to do with tactic more or less.

Just look at Coman who look brillant under Pep and is just really bad under Ancelotti because of the way he is used. This is tactic.
For good football : Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal (Tolisso), Thiago (Rudy) - Robben, Müller (James), James (Ribéry) - Lewandowski

For boring football : 4-3-3
Coman
I'm a post king!

Years of membership

National Flag:
International Atomic Energy Agency

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:45 pm

Not relevant. JANCKER was saying managers get ready-made products. True to an extent, but Pep is a prime example of one of the very few managers who know how to coach at the top of the world, despite his tactical mistakes.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby mats19 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:57 pm

Coman wrote:Everything has to do with tactic more or less.

Just look at Coman who look brillant under Pep and is just really bad under Ancelotti because of the way he is used. This is tactic.

And confidence..for sure
I miss Pep's "magical touch" that make players overpeform..
Under Carlo we see the inverse..

I'll stop my negative comments over Carlo here.. Hahaha
May Bayern rule the world again!
Mia San Mia
mats19
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion