You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:19 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:He's definitely finding English football to be his easiest job yet, by far.

Ummm I'm not so sure. His lead is now kinda thin and he's yet to play Liverpool (I'm sure they'll take the three points from him). Pochetino, Klopp, Conte, Mourinho and Guardiola will most likely make the EPL very competitive. Plus Arsenal has a set in the top 2-4.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:25 am

Huge difference is in City, he has a board that won't veto his decisions in terms of transfers, which I think was a huge obstacle for PEP and Bayern.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:32 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:
Dumbledore7 wrote:He's definitely finding English football to be his easiest job yet, by far.

Ummm I'm not so sure. His lead is now kinda thin and he's yet to play Liverpool (I'm sure they'll take the three points from him). Pochetino, Klopp, Conte, Mourinho and Guardiola will most likely make the EPL very competitive. Plus Arsenal has a set in the top 2-4.

League domination doesn't necessarily have to be related to the difficulty or intensity of the job, in the context of what I meant when I said that. For instance, instead of spending two hours worrying about the opponent's counterattacks the night before a game, he could spend those two hours talking to De Bruyne or even to catch up on lost sleep. He doesn't have to anticipate tactical masterclasses from all of his opponents (apart from maybe Klopp and Wenger and recently Pochettino), he doesn't have to worry about intelligent players on every team. In the Premier League it is much easier to score a goal if you know how; get a one-on-one situation between your best dribbler and the last defender and you're set. No need to worry about the tacticality of a well-polished deep block. Those sorts of things.

Despite the fact that it's "harder" to win the league, I'm sure he'd grow much less grey hair (or beard).
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:19 am

I'm sure that the language barrier is also a huge factor and that's why he will have it easier in City than in Bayern
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:35 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

League domination doesn't necessarily have to be related to the difficulty or intensity of the job, in the context of what I meant when I said that. For instance, instead of spending two hours worrying about the opponent's counterattacks the night before a game, he could spend those two hours talking to De Bruyne or even to catch up on lost sleep. He doesn't have to anticipate tactical masterclasses from all of his opponents (apart from maybe Klopp and Wenger and recently Pochettino), he doesn't have to worry about intelligent players on every team. In the Premier League it is much easier to score a goal if you know how; get a one-on-one situation between your best dribbler and the last defender and you're set. No need to worry about the tacticality of a well-polished deep block. Those sorts of things.

Despite the fact that it's "harder" to win the league, I'm sure he'd grow much less grey hair (or beard).
:lol:
but still ... he will not win it this year.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:22 am

HAHA.

Man City just drew to Everton and Poch drew to a crappy WEst brom.

Maybe you are mistaken for La Liga
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby FCB general » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:15 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I'm sure that the language barrier is also a huge factor and that's why he will have it easier in City than in Bayern

City is a toy of every single coach. They only want to start with someone their 'greatness', find someone like Ferguson or Hitzfeld for themselves. Mancini wasn't a good choice, Pellegrini couldn't meet the expectations in an environment that has a lot bigger budget than Real Madrid and promote himself into a great coach.

Guardiola has found himself at place where he can do whatever he wants to without pressure of the club's history, tradition, mentality, ID, etc. His options in attack are going to look awesome in January while next summer he'll cover the weaknesses in the central midfield and fullback positions.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby ottackon » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:01 am

Pep Guardiola is a great coach, period.
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby JANCKER » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:13 am

ottackon wrote:Pep Guardiola is a great coach, period.

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ottackon » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:22 am

:mrgreen:
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby tflags » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:32 pm

I think the first game vs Barza was way better than the return leg. THat is, before Bravo went Iguita all of a sudden. Whatever happens this year in the EPL, there's one name benefiting from all the hype, overspend, fallacies and hidden genious over at the island: El Kloppo. :mrgreen:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Guardiola is in the top 10 shortlist for the Coach of the Year award, although I highly doubt he'll win it.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:40 pm

He is not a >bad< coach... But being a >great< coach means more than spend whichever kind of money you want and let em run, against a Barca that suddenly stopped playing in a game they owned...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:43 am

They got really lucky against Barca. In the first 44 minutes they were nowhere to be found. Sergi Roberto made a really poor mistake and than Barca kind of lost their rhythm. But this wasn't a great City performance by any stretch.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Samir Nasri claims Pep Guardiola has banned Manchester City players from having sex after midnight in order to improve their performances on the pitch.
France midfielder Nasri was told he was overweight by newly-appointed City boss Guardiola in July, and left the following month for a season loan at Sevilla.
But, in an interview, the 29-year-old reportedly revealed one of the Catalan’s top tips for getting the best out of his players.
“On a free day he says, ‘Those who want to have relations, it’s before midnight because you must have a good night’s sleep’,” Nasri was quoted as saying of the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach.
“He did that with Lewan-dowski, whom he had put on the bench at one point, and made him understand certain things.”

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi ... ews.631160
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion