You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby theundead » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:26 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:the heartbreak at the oily side of Manchester would be to die for xD

The heartbreak at the red side of Manchester would be to die for too :D
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby tflags » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:43 am

He's going to City. It is all but signed.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:12 pm

ramsej84 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:Hope not.

Why?

Because sometimes you have to move on....
No point taking him back just to have him block a spot in the team. His days are over.
inactive
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JR10 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:13 am

#12 wrote:Messi injured in 2013? I didn't see that, honestly... He scored in both matches that took place before the Bayern games... In one even twice ;)

I think with our current form it would still be up to fate: if we played at home first we would stand a chance... If we played away first we would most likely be eliminated...

Messi was injured, if Messi is in top form and he wants to win, he wins. Guardiola said that not me.
JR10
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby JR10 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:45 am

prasun77 wrote:This barcelona thing is now getting on my nerves..yes when it comes to clasico i support barca too but seriously..
Yes their front 3 is best in the world but that's probably it..
In midfield they got..Busquets,Iniesta,Rakitic...
We have thiago,vidal and martinez..yes,pep said once benatia and badstuber return martinez won't play CB..So..Iwould take martinez over busquets any day any time any where..Vidal is slowly coming in form and is a far stronger mentally tougher and able player than rakitic,this rakitic can do nothing that our king arturo can't...And Iniesta is 31 years old...our thiago can outrun him anyday..thiago contributes to defence too..and dare I say thiago's skillset is equal to iniesta..even if not..just a but less you say ..still our midfield is overall better..who do they have as subs?**** sergi roberto..we have Gotze..Rafinha alcantara is not a cause of worry for Bayern I am sure and Costa can play central too...then we have Alonso and they have no one..

In defense "Alves-Pique-Mascherano-Alba is a pretty good defense" yes it is and that's all it is..Alves is not world class in defense..neither is Alba..Our fullbacks are (I know formations don't matter to Pep but still..traditionally!)Captain Lahm and David Alaba....Even an off-form lahm is doing better than Alves and Alaba>>>>>>>>>>Alba..in what you ask?
Attack(Speed,Skills,Vision,Freekicks....everything)
In defenseon the ball as well as off the ball Alaba is far better in positioning,Interceptions,Tackling..everything..

Over central defenders are Boateng and Beatia/Badstuber...FAR more solid defenders than Pique..Pique is a very good defender no doubt but not better than boateng its easy to compare them because both are similar kinds of defenders in pep's system..If you say messi humiliated Boateng then I will post 3 SEAPARATE VIDEOS of OUR Robben humiliating Pique..

Mascherano and Benatia/Badstuber I don't wanna compare ..both are very good and of different types..Nobody can say one is better than the other..
its like saying Pizza is better than noodles..

And as far as goalkeepers go they have MATS and Bravo we have Neuer..I don't need to elaborate on this..

I left a point about attackers but it is proving too tempting..Obviously..lets take their names first..Messi,Suarez,Neymar..done with it..Our fully fit attack line is Robben,Muller,Lewa..I know it sounds weird but Lewa and Muller ave scored more goals than Suarez and Neymar..they are getting far more hype and credit just because they are barcelona..but we all know how good Muller is he has a position and role as his patent...neymar has none..neither has suarez..And..they contribute more defensively too..But still their attack is better right?WRONG!
Here is the trump card..In the Line up I have suggested we STILL have .....Coman,Costa,Ribery on their bench..who do they have?Arda turan..he is better than none of them..

CONCLUSION:We are the better team on the paper..Yes we should respect barca but not fear them..If both sides are full strength we are the favourites not them..

you compare the players 1vs1 The question would be better: it will be more difficult for Pique, Mascherano, Alves, Alaba to stop Lewa, Coman, Costa or Muller or will be more difficult for Boateng, Benatia, Lahm and Alaba to stop Messi, Neymar, Suarez? 8) it seems clear the second. Boateng and Benatia suit better against players like Ibra, against players so agile and quick like Messi, Neymar, Suarez, defenders like Silva or Marquinios are better.

I think if we meet Barca again with Messi, we lose like last year and you underestimate their midfield. Busquets is better than Martinez.. Iniesta has still some flashes of brilliance more than thiago in big games. Vidal and Rakitic are different. Rakitic has more quality, Vidal more quantity.
JR10
Getting the hang of it

Postby zozon » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:57 am

LOL @ saying that Rakitic, Busquets and Iniesta are like some second - tier players. Rakitic has grown at least 3 classes since Schalke, we all know who Iniesta is, even in this age and Busquets is the BEST DM in the world the last 4-5 seasons. The ONE time he wasnt the world's best DM is when Javi Martinez was. And Rakitic (in his Barca form) would surely be a starter at Bayern.

Anyone who thinks our midfield (in last season's or this season's form) is better than Barca's is a fool. Our midfield would have to up their game HEAVILY if we face Barca again.

Prasun77, just stick your head out of the fan-sand and be realistic.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby JR10 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:17 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:We definitely have the best team on paper and the best manager too.

In terms of squads, the top 4 would be us, barca, psg and madrid (not in this order)>

GK: US>Madrid>Barca>PSG
Backline:PSG>Madrid>us>barca
*backline is very close with madrid, us and barcelona However, I thinkk psg has the best backline in football.
CM: Us>Madrid>Barca>PSG
*I love me some verratti, however, motta and matudi are both not as good as the other teams.
Forwards: Barca>Us>Madrid>PSG

Matuidi is probably the best box to box in the world in this moment and currently better than Vidal and probably more suitable in a team that plays in possession. He has already 3 goals and 7 assist. Motta is similar to Busquets, is underrated.
Real Madrid midfield is overrated, they don't have balance. Kroos is not great in defense and Modric is good, but not exceptional. Regarding forwards whereas Robben and Ribery are always injured and still are not good as were, after Barca, Psg has the best attacking player in Angel Di Maria. He can score, is an amazing dribbler, crosser, passer and has a great vision of the game. Penaldo now is just a poacher, he can't dribble, decent passer, mediocre vision of the game. He is good only against small teams, in big games if the team doesn't create for him he is useless. Against the same Psg has done less than 0, while Di Maria was the man of the match. Bale is a mediocre dribbler, without space loses much of its danger and has no creativity. Both Bale and Ronaldo most of the time are invisible in big games. In big games you need creativity, you need to be unpredictable and both the wingers of Real Madrid don't have these qualities. So I think that Di Maria is much more dangerous than both Penaldo and Bale which for me are not even real wingers. Costa is great but for me too dependent from his pace, most of the time it only does one thing: push the ball and run and cross and I'm not sure how much will work against experienced players. Muller is not a winger but thanks to his intelligence is amazing if the team work, but if it's left alone can't do almost anything, an example is the first game's against Barca last year. Lewa is better than Ibra and perhaps even Benzema is better than Ibra. Cavani sucks and Lucas has took his place which really for me it's not much worse than Costa, Lucas seems to me more creative and unpredictable.
Last edited by JR10 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
JR10
Getting the hang of it

Postby JR10 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:30 am

Thiagoalcantara wrote:
albanian7 wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:We definitely have the best team on paper and the best manager too.

In terms of squads, the top 4 would be us, barca, psg and madrid (not in this order)>

*backline is very close with madrid, us and barcelona However, I thinkk psg has the best backline in football.
*I love me some verratti, however, motta and matudi are both not as good as the other teams.

Easy there. Are you saying Ramos (a red card strolling around the pitch) + Varane is better than Boateng + Benatia? That Marcelo (who cannot defend a potato) is better than Alaba? The only debatable thing is Carvajal vs Lahm, and that's because Lahm is off-form

And I don't agree with your midfield assessment

Marcelo is bad defensively, however, going forward, no one is as good as he is in the world. In addition, I prefer ramos,pepe and varane over boateng, benatia and javi. Varane is very similar to boateng, however, I've seen varane completely mark out messi, something I don't think boateng can do. Also, going forward, ramos is better than any cb in our club and madrid.

Varane is like Luiz, he can do an amazing game and can be even a great crap(examples are the game against Shalke and Atletico last year) . too dependent from his body. Tactically not very smart.
JR10
Getting the hang of it

Postby JR10 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:40 am

#12 wrote:
Thiagoalcantara wrote:I've seen varane completely mark out messi, something I don't think boateng can do

Dude, seriously, you should watch more games... Messi had ONE game where he shone against Boateng... I didn't see much of him in the others they played each other... Just watch that WC final...
Also, David Luiz is to this date still sending prayers to thank the Lord in all his glory that he didn't have to take part in that German party in the Brazil box...
DiMaria... Is that the guy who couldn't make it to the first team of Manchester United? That same Manchester United that manages a more than lucky win against ZSKA? Okay, just checking... :P
I think di Maria is a great player... But in current form, I don't see him on par with any of our wingers... Maybe Coman, yes - but the guy is 19 ;)

lol really? Over the current Di Maria i take only Messi and Neymar. The current Di Maria has all the qualities that he had at Real but it has also become a great finisher. He is the best player of Psg not Zlatan. He is for sure much better than Costa and any winger that we have.
Last edited by JR10 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JR10
Getting the hang of it

Postby KönigLudwig » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:43 am

Is this a La Liga blog or a PeppyG blog?
In...Müller, Lewadowski, Robben, Boateng, Badstuber, Ribery,Lahm, Costa, Kimmich, Coman, Thiago, Götze,Rode, NEUER,Alaba, MARTINEZ....do I TRUST!!
KönigLudwig
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby JR10 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:44 am

KönigLudwig wrote:Is this a La Liga blog or a PeppyG blog?

i like to talk about UCl and make predictions
JR10
Getting the hang of it

Postby KönigLudwig » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:46 am

Wonderful!! go to CL matches topic....
In...Müller, Lewadowski, Robben, Boateng, Badstuber, Ribery,Lahm, Costa, Kimmich, Coman, Thiago, Götze,Rode, NEUER,Alaba, MARTINEZ....do I TRUST!!
KönigLudwig
Getting the hang of it

Years of membership

Postby JR10 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:55 am

fashiondesign_guru wrote:

Man City can easily rival PSG and pretty everyone on their day, they've matured quite a bit in the past 2 years and they will win the CL in the next few.

They have a better frontline than PSG and can rival both Real and Bayern's frontline with Sterling-Silva-De Bruyne-Aguero

They just lack quality depth, they don't have a quality replacement for Aguero for example, but they'll get it. A lot of people who underestimate Man City are the ones who don't watch their games very much.

ManCity can't rival Leicester City :lol: . They have the quality but not the organization. Some players are even out of position. De Bruyne is not a winger, and Aguero not a striker but a CF.
JR10
Getting the hang of it

Postby endrity » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:16 pm

Yeah Man City can still beat a top opponent on their day but I can't see them winning it. They continue to be too much of a disjointed team, often relying on the sheer talent of their individuals rather than a cohesive game plan. This all means that their game rarely hits the heights of an European elite team.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:12 pm

JR10 wrote:Messi was injured, if Messi is in top form and he wants to win, he wins. Guardiola said that not me.

Great... :coffee:

He also said he would decide in December, and that he hadn't yet decided on another club...

BS... We were the better team in that year, they conceded seven and it could have been ten... It would take a lot more than "just" one Messi to turn such a game... They would need at least 4 or 5 - but then they wouldn't have anyone defending - one of the weaknesses we made use of in that match...

JR10 wrote:lol really? Over the current Di Maria i take only Messi and Neymar. The current Di Maria has all the qualities that he had at Real but it has also become a great finisher. He is the best player of Psg not Zlatan. He is for sure much better than Costa and any winger that we have.

Dirst of all, look at the date dude... Second of all he's older and much more expensive... You do the math... :coffee: :coffee:
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion