You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby #12 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:21 pm

ramsej84 wrote:we've been suffering from that since LvG took over... No coach managed to fix that even to certain extent Jupp

How so? We lost 4 games with Jupp in '13, all of those not with a close succession of goals... If that's not a fix, Idk... Maybe Gladbach yes... But that was before the most important match of that season and we managed to win anyways...

About the statement: he basically said the same a year ago... Maybe it's superstition? :P Kidding aside: I see nothing wrong with it... He actually meant to warn the team of losing focus... If anything, it was meant to warn them that it's gonna be hard... I have no doubt whatsoever that CL will be his prime goal for the remaining 6 months...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Guardiola doesn't want 'hard feelings' with Man City and could take year off

It would appear Pep Guardiola is feeling a bit guilty. After the Bayern Munich manager apologised for making his Premier League plans public, because he put pressure on current managers, El Confidencial have reported he could even decide to take another year off.

Manchester City are the runaway favourites to secure Guardiola for next season and fulfil the Spaniard's will to manage in England, however, nothing has been signed and El Confidencial expect that to remain the same way until the end of the current season.

Such is Guardiola's worry that he's creating a bad situation for managers, that he may decide to take another year off, like he did in New York after leaving Barcelona. Guardiola is determined to have 'no hard feelings' at Manchester City and doesn't want to actively force someone out of a job.

It all sounds like a bit of PR from the Bayern Munich boss, who has been getting a bit of criticism in Germany for the way he's gone about things, and for not taking Bayern to European glory.

http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/ ... s_1134428/
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:48 pm

Is there a quote of him saying that? The only thing I know is him concretely saying that he could wait until the season after to move, but there's nothing I've found of Pep himself mentioning the reason why.

I like to think that he's waiting for Wenger.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby #12 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:56 pm

If anything, he'd be waiting for Pellegrini... Face it already! ;)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:21 am

Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola should take charge of "an average fifth-division side" rather than a job in the Premier League if he is to prove his worth, according to Frank Wormuth in charge of the German FA (DFB)'s coach training facilities. [source]

When Suddeutsche Zeitung noted that Guardiola will effectively have his pick of top clubs this summer, Wormuth replied: "Pep Guardiola is an outstanding coach but, with all due respect, he has so far only coached outstanding teams. I would love to see him at an average fifth-division side."

"There are tactical wizards in the third league," he added. "Should we call someone, who is highlighted by the media, 'the world's best coach'? There are many good coaches who put in great performances with players of lesser quality."

Guardiola has received widespread praise in Germany for the constant evolution of his tactics and starting formations as well as his game management, but he has also faced criticism in some quarters, with Germany legend Lothar Matthaus saying in December that he "can't coach a defense."

Wormuth said: "During my courses, I show my pupils that a team plays three or four different systems during a match without realizing it.

"But, of course, at FC Bayern Munich, David Alaba can play three positions on a similar level -- you can do everything there. At other clubs, defenders just play long balls, and when the defender has to play on the right wing it just doesn't work out."

He added: "Generally speaking, whether a coach is successful or not comes down to the small situations, what he says when things don't go that well."

"And I am not talking about the major crises, but rather those little things during a match -- to feel when a player has a negative vibe and withdraw him, to spot that the opponent has a problem on the left side and utilize that.

"Those are the details of the everyday business, which are highly interesting and identify a good coach."

JANCKER wrote:Don't hold a grudge on me like usually cause I didn't make up this stuff.
Take a deep breath and repeat after me… GOOS-FRA-BA... GOOSFRABA...
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:15 am

Pep could do some things better, but the whole "you can only prove yourself by coaching lesser teams" argument is bull. What, Müller has to go to Ingolstadt to prove he is great at goalscoring and his exploits are not just a product of having great teammates?

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:18 am

Frank who?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:19 am

The report Jancker shared is All true. Obviously not the fifth tier tm thing.
But for eg put Ancelotti; Pep or Mou at the helm of the likes of Mainz, HSV or Everton or maybe Sassuolo and see how they do.
Speaking of Everton and Sass both (Martinez and Di Francesco) their coaches prob unknown to most in here are doing great work with modest or average players.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:12 am

You seem to forget that sometimes it is even more difficult to coach a big club with the enormous pressure that implies, not to mention the management of egos in the locker room.
There are many examples of coaches who have succeeded in less prestigious clubs but failed when they were given the reins of a great club. (Gasperini, Mazzarri, Villas-Boas, Benitez etc.)
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:25 am

Funnily enough, Pep has already proven himself in lower division football, promoting Barcelona B with an average squad age of under 21 from the 3rd Spanish division to the 2nd. Hell they would've probably made it to the La Liga if the rules allow it. So Matthäus can take his baseless uninformed opinion and shove it up his butt :lol:
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:30 am

ottackon wrote:You seem to forget that sometimes it is even more difficult to coach a big club with the enormous pressure that implies, not to mention the management of egos in the locker room.
There are many examples of coaches who have succeeded in less prestigious clubs but failed when they were given the reins of a great club. (Gasperini, Mazzarri, Villas-Boas, Benitez etc.)

you have a very valid point as well... I think it is a matter of from where one starts... One has to be at the right place at the right time.
Like if an opportunity comes and one does well he is guaranteed to stay at the top for the rest of his career and even if he fails he stays in demand...
Perfect example is Jose Mourinho... He did superb job at Porto winning both Euro competitions in succession and then what... one lucky season at Inter...
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:20 am

Guardiola keeps everyone guessing [source]
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:24 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Funnily enough, Pep has already proven himself in lower division football, promoting Barcelona B with an average squad age of under 21 from the 3rd Spanish division to the 2nd. Hell they would've probably made it to the La Liga if the rules allow it. So Matthäus can take his baseless uninformed opinion and shove it up his butt :lol:

b-but stoke on a rainy tuesday night? :(
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:31 am

Shit even Stoke can't do it on a rainy Tuesday night at Stoke these days.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:10 pm

Deleted a few posts that were about to escalate into a fight. Big brother is watching and is not happy.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion