You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby tflags » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:47 pm

Unlike most of you, I'm a Heynckes fan. So for me it is either everything or nothing at all. I don't like compromises. :lol:
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby bastos80 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:49 pm

MUTU wrote:
bastos80 wrote:
pyrasur wrote:I don't view it as a failure not to win the Champions League in a year. However, looking at a time frame of three years, I think even Pep will agree his goal was to bring in the CL at least once during that time. He revolutionized out play, but missing out on CL would be a disappointment.

There is a difference between failure and disappointment.
Let's say he wins 3 Bundesliga titles and 2 cups while revolutionizing our play, like you say. Hardly a failure.
That would be just populist bullshit.

You forget most of us are foreign fans who tend to value the Champions League more than German fans and the domestic competitions far less. It's different when you're German because everybody around you cares about the Bundesliga, but it's not the same outside Germany. Therefore most foreign fans don't value the Bundesliga anywhere close to the German fans.

That's not Pep's fault...
Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal, Thiago - Müller, James, Alexis - Lewandowski
bastos80
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:42 pm

It's not but it explains why we feel like it is a failure for us if he doesn't win the Champions League. Or at least reach the final.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JANCKER » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Failure because it was our best squad ever and it couldn't reach higher than Magath's. 3 years of a golden generation 'wasted' only on domestic success, that's irreversible... Our European rivals couldn't wish for a different outcome. It will get only harder to win it again. All he managed to do is make this league look an amateur league, confirmed the one horse title it had instead of getting us international recognition.
Last edited by JANCKER on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:16 pm

MUTU wrote:It's not but it explains why we feel like it is a failure for us if he doesn't win the Champions League. Or at least reach the final.

The germans will feel the same too. I watch an interview developed in munich to bayern fans, after the 0-3 against barcelona, and the germans were very furious about the performance.

We all love the bundesliga and the pokal, hate to see other team beating us in Germany, but champions league is the major goal in all the fans...

If there is a fan who prefer bundesliga, instead of champions league, then he is lost in the reality.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:20 pm

The "golden generation" ended in 2013-2014. Robbery was already unreliable because of injuries, Schweinsteiger was past his physical prime (despite the WC, which seems to have been one last push aka a swan song), Javi permainjured, Dante couldn't cope with the new defensive system, etc. Truth is Schweini and Robbery were the core of the treble team and they lost it or were unreliable after it. Doesn't mean good times are over, far from it. We have enough young players who are yet to reach peak or are very near their peak now (Boa, Badstuber, Thiago, Costa would be the earlier and Thomas, Lewy the latter, while we have other players with boundless potential aka Coman and specially ALABA). A second "golden generation" can very well be at bay, but my point is it is a diferent generation (there is of course a lot of overlap, but the core of the team is different).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
Last edited by PunkCapitalist on Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:20 pm

JANCKER wrote:Failure because it was our best squad ever and it couldn't reach higher than Magath's. 3 years of a golden generation 'wasted' only on domestic success, that's irreversible... Our European rivals couldn't wish for a different outcome. It will get only harder to win it again. All he managed to do is make this league look an amateur league, confirmed the one horse title it had instead of getting us international recognition.

And thats why I mention Magath, because if we look the quality of the squad in Bayern to the rest of germans clubs, it is clear that we dont need a Pep or Ancelloti for win the league.

The board is making a huge sacrifice for brings world class coaches for success in the international tournaments.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:19 pm

tflags wrote:Unlike most of you, I'm a Heynckes fan. So for me it is either everything or nothing at all. I don't like compromises. :lol:

No, you're a fan of Bayern **** Munich! ;)
That'S what iot is: we want to win everything ALWAYS! WE mostly fail, but we still do...

Also, a CL is woth WAY less without domestic success IMHO... Meisterschaft is the foundation to enjoy a CL success (also, we never won it when we didn't win Bundesliga - back in 74-76 ist was another competition...)

Also, I like the metaphor of revolutionizing our game... Because, as a historian, let me assure you: attempted revolutions fail - and it's never a real revolution unless it's successful...! ;)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:04 am

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby quaazi » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:19 pm

Basically he said he wants a new challenge in the Premier League. Looks like a switch to Man City is as done as it can be now. It's an interesting choice no doubt - I'd love to have a shot at sticking De Bruyne, Sterling and David Silva into one coherent lineup too. But everything neyond their attacking midfield is either past its expiry date or just not up to scratch. It's a project alright - no way he'll last more than three seasons there either.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:27 pm

I still wouldn't rule out a move to Man United just yet. He has a history of following in the steps of Louis van Gaal after all.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:35 pm

He said he saw himself coaching at Old Trafford once but then again the money flowing through the other side of town is simply overwhelming for any type of project. That youth setup is quite incredible as well.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:50 pm

from Man C or Man U to coach the Qatar NT
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:05 pm

JANCKER wrote:Failure because it was our best squad ever and it couldn't reach higher than Magath's. 3 years of a golden generation 'wasted' only on domestic success, that's irreversible... Our European rivals couldn't wish for a different outcome. It will get only harder to win it again. All he managed to do is make this league look an amateur league, confirmed the one horse title it had instead of getting us international recognition.

Want some popcorn with that salt?

Unlike Bayern being considered a top 2 team in the world today (along with Barcelona), Magaths Bayern was an irrelevant team in international football and had even less presence than or as much presence as Turkish teams in Europe during those years, and that says a lot.

That golden generation has ended in 2013 just as Punk Capitalist has said, with the physical decline of Robbery, Schweinsteiger and Martinez. Guardiola has been quietly transforming an aging team, which has finally become non-dependent on Robbery, and will leave a nicely running engine to Ancelotti, and so far he has done keeping Bayern at the top.

The club wanted to extend his contract, but I understand he wants to move to another challenge as he's young and wants to experience new things. He's not a Bayern fan, professionals aren't sentimental and they don't have to be loyal to a club for ever. He's done a good job.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:07 pm

MUTU wrote:I still wouldn't rule out a move to Man United just yet. He has a history of following in the steps of Louis van Gaal after all.

At least we would be talking about a real club then... Somewhat...

fashiondesign_guru wrote:The club wanted to extend his contract, but I understand he wants to move to another challenge as he's young and wants to experience new things. He's not a Bayern fan, professionals aren't sentimental and they don't have to be loyal to a club for ever. He's done a good job.

Yeah, quite the challenge, to spend a truckload full of money, and then the next one... :P
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion