You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby pyrasur » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:49 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
pyrasur wrote:If had really been Pep vs. Federer, that would have been like the greatest thing in the world combined with the third greatest thing in the world together in one place. The greatest thing ever being Roger 8)

@RedQueen It's true you can't really trust ESPN, especially since the person they had used as their Bayern "analyst" now just contributes to a blog. Generally I've stuck to German news sources and the few English language journalists I can trust, like maybe Honigstein for the Guardian. Yeah I'll look at ESPN so that I can get a headline, and then try to get a more thorough story through another source. Bundesliga Fanatic is kind of similar to Bleacher Report, but being careful you can listen more to the ones that work for like DW or actually live in Germany. Lately they've lost my respect because whoever runs their twitter is starting to link to a random Bayern blog that ranks even worse than B/R. Still they give more of a vibe of the rest of the Bundesliga. And then there's always trustworthy Twitter!

But Clark Whitney is just some douche. He's not a journalist and I doubt he's ever been athletic enough to play at even a high school level. He may have visited Germany but I doubt he's ever lived there long term. So I just question why anyone cares about his opinion. I'll give you when he talks about the national team he tends to be more sincere. But still, come on, RedQueen I'd rank YOU as a more reliable source of information. CW ranks among the rest of us plebs here on this forum who contribute our high quality opinions. He'd outrank us only because he takes the effort sometimes to pool together a couple random people's (usually another B/R "writer") twitter posts and maybe link to an actual news, but he gets a downgrade again for being an idiot. :coffee:

Have to say this is one of the best posts recently posted, out of topic as it is =D>

Thanks! But RedQueen's last one tops mine easily, I feel like it should be saved somewhere easily visible on this forum as a grail of acceptable news sources.. It's easy to express my opinion about HWMNBN, but it's difficult to express my excitement about a new trove of sources to search for football news. It's shameful when I get so bored I suddenly find myself on some shitty football website.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby tflags » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:53 pm

I've read a lot of things before, but comparing Bleacher to ESPN is as ludicrous as it gets. Off topic and all.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:41 am

ESPN ain't high quality. But bleacher report is significantly worse. Not the worst, just really not good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:54 am

I thought Pep was going to annouce his intentions already
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Years of membership

Postby tflags » Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:59 am

I read your review on the top media and I can honestly say it was a bit lacking. But seriously comparing those sourceless articles and lackluster pundits from Bleacher to the likes of Honigstein, Cox or Marcotti is really, really middle ages. Then again having the courage to say Witney is a good author and pretending to know what you are talking about is seriously funny. Is that dude even published? I mean, how amateurish can we really get in the forum with these comments?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby pyrasur » Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:15 am

She didn't know it was bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:41 pm

pyrasur wrote:ESPN ain't high quality. But bleacher report is significantly worse.

Really? I find Lovell's articles awful almost every time. I find them worse than Whitney's. But perhaps that's just me.

Just gonna add two more German sources before I leave this place (just grown sick off all the trolling and aggression here):

http://toorschuss.de/
http://abseits.at/

Have a happy new year.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:47 pm

RedQueen wrote:Just gonna add two more German sources before I leave this place (just grown sick off all the trolling and aggression here)

Eh, the admins are just shifting a bit more attention towards that so I say give it a chance :| Would be a shame to see you leave, you're fun to have a discussion with. In any case, happy new year to you too.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby ottackon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:28 pm

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby tflags » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:31 pm

I don't know. Saying ESPN is Mark Lovell is clearly judging your nail job on your index finger. Like I said before, people here tend to critique what clearly they don't know much about.
Mark Lovell isn't even top blogger for them. He's, in my opinion, merely a step up replacement for the lady they used to have covering - yes - Bayern. None care about the Bundesliga about 7 years ago in the US for example.

And while Lovell should know a thing or two better than the bartender (former ESPN Bayern pundit was a German Brazilian bartender hailing from Florida) he should know the difference between a post and a crossbar (the lady certainly didn't-literally). But even back then they had Hesse covering German football history before signing Honigstein and that other dude covering Dortmund. (Hesse is a confessed Dortmund follower btw.)

Lovell ain't bad, but he's certainly not everyone's cup of tea (for God's sake those performance rankings can give you an ulcer) and some match reviews begs to ask if his DVR was showing a rerun instead of the very last game.

But just like I said before, comparing Bleacher's "Madrid is plotting a XXX million move for Lewandowski, Hazard, God and Jupiter's 11th moon" from their 'featured' columnist after a disappointing match you start wondering if reporting is top of their list or are ratings by selling fans what they want to read and not what they need to.

Again, Bleacher ins't even controversial. They are downright trying to grab an audience. Clearly they have.

Then again ESPN can have some news, which - at least on my experience - are double checked unless noted otherwise and their columnists can be as good as The Guardian's. Matter of fact, their columnists ARE the same as the Guardian; in Honigstein and Lowe's case. Both, in my opinion, are quite good writers barring a defect to two.

Then you have to rate the rest of the bloggers. You can't go wrong with Cox, the world's most popular football blogger for a reason. Some of his tactical analysis can be pretty darn interesting without getting van Gaalish. Marcotti is all around a good writer and you can see they take care in finding published authors like Graham Hunter.

This is even before getting specifics like the MLS which they clearly have one of the best sections on if you like that kind of sport or their team specific bloggers on the EPL which - as I understand - most if not all where former players. You have to respect that even if your nick happens to be Korab or Argeta.

So please, if I may, just before you start a discussion, can we at least have some background on the topic at hand?

The thing is, you don't need a doctorate for that. But Jesus if you can't tell Bleacher is full of it just by reading their headlines you clearly must be speaking a different language altogether.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby MUTU » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:53 pm

I concur.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bastos80 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:04 pm

No offense, but why post this populist bullshit ?
Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal, Thiago - Müller, James, Alexis - Lewandowski
bastos80
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:34 pm

Why not ?
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:13 pm

Saying he'll be a failure if he doesn't win the CL is pandering to the masses. I don't agree with that judgement, although I'd say it's probably true that he's under more pressure now.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:18 pm

I totally agree with that statement... Three years coaching one of the three best teams in Europe is a failure indeed.
OK the coach does not play - he has to rely on the players to execute his plan.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion