You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby prasun77 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:28 pm

Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby ottackon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 4:51 pm

It's not Pep but a journalist.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby pyrasur » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:25 pm

If had really been Pep vs. Federer, that would have been like the greatest thing in the world combined with the third greatest thing in the world together in one place. The greatest thing ever being Roger 8)

@RedQueen It's true you can't really trust ESPN, especially since the person they had used as their Bayern "analyst" now just contributes to a blog. Generally I've stuck to German news sources and the few English language journalists I can trust, like maybe Honigstein for the Guardian. Yeah I'll look at ESPN so that I can get a headline, and then try to get a more thorough story through another source. Bundesliga Fanatic is kind of similar to Bleacher Report, but being careful you can listen more to the ones that work for like DW or actually live in Germany. Lately they've lost my respect because whoever runs their twitter is starting to link to a random Bayern blog that ranks even worse than B/R. Still they give more of a vibe of the rest of the Bundesliga. And then there's always trustworthy Twitter!

But Clark Whitney is just some douche. He's not a journalist and I doubt he's ever been athletic enough to play at even a high school level. He may have visited Germany but I doubt he's ever lived there long term. So I just question why anyone cares about his opinion. I'll give you when he talks about the national team he tends to be more sincere. But still, come on, RedQueen I'd rank YOU as a more reliable source of information. CW ranks among the rest of us plebs here on this forum who contribute our high quality opinions. He'd outrank us only because he takes the effort sometimes to pool together a couple random people's (usually another B/R "writer") twitter posts and maybe link to an actual news, but he gets a downgrade again for being an idiot. :coffee:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Dumbledore7 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:46 pm

pyrasur wrote:If had really been Pep vs. Federer, that would have been like the greatest thing in the world combined with the third greatest thing in the world together in one place. The greatest thing ever being Roger 8)

@RedQueen It's true you can't really trust ESPN, especially since the person they had used as their Bayern "analyst" now just contributes to a blog. Generally I've stuck to German news sources and the few English language journalists I can trust, like maybe Honigstein for the Guardian. Yeah I'll look at ESPN so that I can get a headline, and then try to get a more thorough story through another source. Bundesliga Fanatic is kind of similar to Bleacher Report, but being careful you can listen more to the ones that work for like DW or actually live in Germany. Lately they've lost my respect because whoever runs their twitter is starting to link to a random Bayern blog that ranks even worse than B/R. Still they give more of a vibe of the rest of the Bundesliga. And then there's always trustworthy Twitter!

But Clark Whitney is just some douche. He's not a journalist and I doubt he's ever been athletic enough to play at even a high school level. He may have visited Germany but I doubt he's ever lived there long term. So I just question why anyone cares about his opinion. I'll give you when he talks about the national team he tends to be more sincere. But still, come on, RedQueen I'd rank YOU as a more reliable source of information. CW ranks among the rest of us plebs here on this forum who contribute our high quality opinions. He'd outrank us only because he takes the effort sometimes to pool together a couple random people's (usually another B/R "writer") twitter posts and maybe link to an actual news, but he gets a downgrade again for being an idiot. :coffee:

Have to say this is one of the best posts recently posted, out of topic as it is =D>
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby RedQueen » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:55 pm

@pyrasur, of course you'll get better information from German news sources, because the English ones tend not to bother with German football (unless it's Bayern or maybe Dortmund) and because they have people on site. For the clubs, the best sources are still local papers like Ruhrnachrichten for Dortmund, Wolfsburger Nachrichten for VfL Wolfsburg, and to a bit lesser extent Münchner Merkur for Bayern. For the national team it's probably still Kicker. Bild (not Sportbild!) tend to be well connected with both clubs and DFB, too. (Sky Germany has turned into a gossip mill and Sport1 are even worse.)

However most people here don't speak / can't read German and so when it comes to linking articles I tend to link to publications in English. And Honigstein while he has some connections in the German industry, for the most part all he does is recycle information from German media.

Like I said, there aren't too many choices in English language.

Bundesliga fanatic; haven't really followed them so far. Will have a look whether they're any better.

Yes, Deutsche Welle or The Local.de might be an option.
Last edited by RedQueen on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:56 pm

pyrasur wrote:If had really been Pep vs. Federer, that would have been like the greatest thing in the world combined with the third greatest thing in the world together in one place. The greatest thing ever being Roger 8)

I agree but what is the second greatest thing ?
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby pyrasur » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:03 pm

ottackon wrote:

I vacillate between FC Bayern and Haselnußkuchen. Actually upon further reflection I'm going have to demote Pep to #4 :D
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:10 pm

RedQueen wrote:@pyrasur, of course you'll get better information from German news sources, because the English ones tend not to bother with German football (unless it's Bayern or maybe Dortmund) and because they have people on site. For the clubs, the best sources are still local papers like Ruhrnachrichten for Dortmund, Wolfsburger Nachrichten for VfL Wolfsburg, and to a bit lesser extent Münchner Merkur for Bayern. For the national team it's probably still Kicker. Bild (not Sportbild!) tend to be well connected with both clubs and DFB, too. (Sky Germany has turned into a gossip mill and Sport1 are even worse.)

However most people here don't speak / can't read German and so when it comes to linking articles I tend to link to publications in English. And Honigstein while he has some connections in the German industry, for the most part all he does is recycle information from German media.

Like I said, there aren't too many choices in English language.

Bundesliga fanatic; haven't really followed them so far. Will have a look whether they're any better.

Yes, Deutsche Welle or The Local.de might be an option.

Hey like I said you are probably one of our better sources. Those of us that are capable of understanding German would appreciate it. And I know it's asking a lot but it would probably be widely appreciated if you or someone could translate the articles. I'd do it but I've only really got everyday German. Anyway it would give us an idea of which German sources to use which would be huge by itself. And for the non-German speakers I think software these days is good enough for a rough translation anyway.

For me anyway it's been a few years since I've been back, and since I live abroad I use whatever German source I can get to. So the smaller German sources fly under the radar. But pleaaase not B/R, or if so pleeease not He-who-must-not-be-named.
Last edited by pyrasur on Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby bastos80 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:10 pm

pyrasur wrote:
ottackon wrote:

I vacillate between FC Bayern and Haselnußkuchen. Actually upon further reflection I'm going have to demote Pep to #4 :D

I prefer Stachelbeertorte.
inactive
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:41 pm

pyrasur wrote:
ottackon wrote:

What is this Hasel thing ?
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:48 pm

ottackon wrote:What is this Hasel thing ?

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Haselnuß is hazelnut... It's a cake ;)

I like Federer, too, but ahead of Bayern? Come on! :P Also, there's other things that qualify for a best in the world list - not much ahead of Bayern though :P :D
Also, Linzer Torte is better :P :mrgreen:
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:36 pm

I struggle to comprehend how so much awesomeness is contained in one person. So off topic but I really enjoy this generation of tennis players. All classy winners and gentlemen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:03 pm

pyrasur wrote: Anyway it would give us an idea of which German sources to use which would be huge by itself. And for the non-German speakers I think software these days is good enough for a rough translation anyway.

The above mentioned local papers, Ruhrnachrichten, Wolfsburger Allgemeine Zeitung, Rheinische Post, Kölner Express (although that's a tabloid), Münchner Merkur. Then of course Kicker. Bild (NOT Sportbild). Those are the most important sources relevant for news concerning the top teams. Apart from news, there's http://www.spielverlagerung.de for whom I've translated the Neuer article last year (the English page is http://www.spielverlagerung.com, it contains different articles than the German partition). Then there's http://www.11freunde.de. And a lot of blogs, of course. Of the mainstream media, http://www.faz.de and http://www.sueddeutsche.de have the best coverage in my opinion.

But pleaaase not B/R, or if so pleeease not He-who-must-not-be-named.

Now you're going overboard :lol: B/R ain't any worse than ESPN, or Caughtoffiside, or 90minutes, TheHardTackle... you name them. And Whitney, although he doesn't always unconditionally praise Bayern, isn't Lord Voldemort.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby pyrasur » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:38 pm

It's not that he doesn't "unconditionally praise Bayern". He just has a bias and is prone to writing clickbait opinions. Of course I'm joking about him being Voldemort, it was my not so clever way of expressing my opinion about him without giving him free advertising.

Ive mostly read Süddeutsche Zeitung. I've followed spielverlagerung. Their writers are in Twitter as well which is a good notification to me when they put up new stuff. I think I've tried to get the 11freunde mag I don't think I've investigated their website. The other newspapers I'd have to see about their websites. Sometimes I really hate being so far away, and Mississippi is as far as it gets

Anyway, thanks for the post. I appreciate it.

pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ottackon » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:44 pm

pyrasur wrote:I struggle to comprehend how so much awesomeness is contained in one person. So off topic but I really enjoy this generation of tennis players. All classy winners and gentlemen.

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion