You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby quaazi » Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:51 pm

RAJBAYERN wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:It has been debated at nauseam and both sides have made their cases, some users in a more measured way, some in a less measured one. Time to put the debate behind us, we will have to wait a few years before settling on any sort of consensus. Let's see how Ancelotti does, and how we fare after him, then we can tell what the impact of Pep was.

Years? I don’t think so. Next six months will be enough for know the legacy of Pep in Bayern. Right now his legacy is defining as an unlucky coach, because after the 0-4 against Madrid, he doesn’t have the chance to have a healthy squad for get revenge.

I kinda agree. We don't know what shape the team will be in come April, but another run just short of the final will, despite his herculean efforts in developing some of our players, taint his legacy indefinitely.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby JANCKER » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:20 pm

Developing our players? I find that one very debatable... I want to know which were the youngsters who got promoted or were worked with during his tenure... that we can say it's Pep and his wand, he didn't trust enough in any of them and the door was shown to most of them even before landing in Munich(e.g. Gustavo). :P
Don't say Boateng because I remember him impressing from 2010 playing as a LB for Germany which earned him a move to Shitty, where he ended up playing almost everything or nothing... his versatility was always something known and he started his career playing as a CF.
And what happened to the wizard Goetze during his time here, nobody seems to know an answer...
Last edited by JANCKER on Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby bastos80 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:25 pm

JANCKER wrote:Developing our players? I find that one very debatable... I want to know which were the youngsters who got promoted or were worked with during his tenure... that we can say it's Pep and his wand, he didn't trust enough in any of them and the door was shown to most of them even before landing in Munich(e.g. Gustavo). :P
Don't say Boateng because I remember him impressing from 2010 playing as a LB for Germany which earned him a move to Shitty, where he ended up played almost everything or nothing... his versatility was always something known.

I also remember quite a few people wanting him out of the club after 2012 and Jupp sending him to the bench.
You must be really forgetful or just simply ignorant if you can't even recognize that Boateng made a huge step forward during Pep's time.

I'm sure you would've trusted way more youngsters than Pep did with the expectation of immediate succes ;)
------------ Lewandowski -------
--------------- Alexis -------------
------- Thiago ----------- Robben
Alaba ----------- Tolisso --------
---------- Vidal --------- Kimmich
----- Hummels ---- Boateng ----
--------------- Neuer -------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:28 pm

bastos80 wrote:
JANCKER wrote:Developing our players? I find that one very debatable... I want to know which were the youngsters who got promoted or were worked with during his tenure... that we can say it's Pep and his wand, he didn't trust enough in any of them and the door was shown to most of them even before landing in Munich(e.g. Gustavo). :P
Don't say Boateng because I remember him impressing from 2010 playing as a LB for Germany which earned him a move to Shitty, where he ended up played almost everything or nothing... his versatility was always something known.

I also remember quite a few people wanting him out of the club after 2012 and Jupp sending him to the bench.
You must be really forgetful or just simply ignorant if you can't even recognize that Boateng made a huge step forward during Pep's time.

I'm sure you would've trusted way more youngsters than Pep did with the expectation of immediate succes ;)

During Pep's time or maturity doing its work??? CBs usually get better with age... experience and all that... and I was never the one that wanted him out at any point... For me the ideal partnership would've been Boa-Badsy.
Una palabra no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo esconde todo, igual que el viento esconde el agua, como las flores que esconden lodo. Una mirada no dice nada y al mismo tiempo lo dice todo, como la lluvia sobre tu cara o el viejo mapa de algun tesoro.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby bastos80 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:31 pm

JANCKER wrote:
bastos80 wrote:

Pep or maturity doing its work??? CBs usually get better with age... experience and all that... and I was never the one that wanted him out at any point... For me the ideal partnership would've been Boa-Badsy.

Like Hummels and Pique, right ?
And I hope you know your opinion doesn't equal most of Bayern fans' opinions.
------------ Lewandowski -------
--------------- Alexis -------------
------- Thiago ----------- Robben
Alaba ----------- Tolisso --------
---------- Vidal --------- Kimmich
----- Hummels ---- Boateng ----
--------------- Neuer -------------
bastos80
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Dumbledore7 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:19 pm

Don't say Boateng because I remember him impressing from 2010 playing as a LB for Germany which earned him a move to Shitty, where he ended up playing almost everything or nothing... his versatility was always something known and he started his career playing as a CF.
And what happened to the wizard Goetze during his time here, nobody seems to know an answer...

Do you honestly think we can just give any youngster playing time, and suddenly they become good? This isn't FIFA. If these youngster couldn't impress the coach enough, tough luck for them. It's irrelevant what other coaches would've done. We've seen what's happening with Kimmich now with him given a lot of sporadic playing time because he deserves it, it's exactly the same with Muller in 2009 under LvG or Busquets in the same year under our current coach.

What about Gaudino and Hojbjerg? Well too bad, really. When they can play better than players whose names are Thiago Alcantara or Arturo Vidal, maybe they can figure it out. Too bad they can't provide us with any additional quality. Too bad that Gaudino is so physically inadequate, and too bad that Hojbjerg got too arrogant when he can't even seal playing time at a club you call "Scheisse 04". Finally, too bad we don't need them the way our team needed Muller back in 2009. Tough luck.

And why exactly can't we say Boateng? You're lying to yourself if his passing and positional play had not gone to another level. He was always going to be a great defender, but if you project purely based from what he had shown until 2013, there was no reason to believe that he would be talked about amongst Ramos and Silva as the world's very best CB.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:18 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Busquets

Busquets is an example to take... I really admire that player despite being a cunt, diver and all that... but remember whose spot he took at Barca? None other but Yaya Toure's...
I call that nepotism... he clearly had a different policy here than from the one that he had at Barca.

He kicked out almost every homegrown hope of this club... and clearly favored Alonso, not saying that even Thiago was an excess signing which lead to further displeasure in the roster, even if it was a good deal that was hard to pass but taking his injuries in consideration and everything else, until this day it wasn't worth it... but maybe he'll be in the future. He wanted to build a team around two players that are missing most of the time... well, one of them plays most of the time but goes missing when he's needed.
He can cry all he wants about Kroos, but I'm not buying it... cause Kroos showed signs of displeasure under him.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:55 am

bastos80 wrote:You must be really forgetful or just simply ignorant if you can't even recognize that Boateng made a huge step forward during Pep's time.

Boateng has showed improvement in every single season with Heynckes and Pep. From being very criticized by Bayern fans to now being considered by many fans, the leader of the defensive line.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:04 am

quaazi wrote:
RAJBAYERN wrote:
Years? I don’t think so. Next six months will be enough for know the legacy of Pep in Bayern. Right now his legacy is defining as an unlucky coach, because after the 0-4 against Madrid, he doesn’t have the chance to have a healthy squad for get revenge.

I kinda agree. We don't know what shape the team will be in come April, but another run just short of the final will, despite his herculean efforts in developing some of our players, taint his legacy indefinitely.

What scare me about these next six months is if Pep can have a healthy squad for face champions league, because if the injury crisis continue, we will never know how good could have been the Bayern of Pep.. :?

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:15 am

JANCKER wrote:He can cry all he wants about Kroos, but I'm not buying it... cause Kroos showed signs of displeasure under him.

What are you willing to buy then? You're just neglecting everything to make your point. You're incapable of believing in anything you don't want to. You refuse to say one good ting about Pep, so you chose to believe he didn't want to keep the best passer in our team.

Why is he so willing to believe in Kimmich, a virtual outsider who played in the second division, as opposed to our youth products Gaudino and Hojbjerg? And now you're seeing Kimmich has shown more than those two combined. You chose to call Busquets' breakthrough as nepotism, but can anyone argue that it's a bad decision? A young Busquets was actually an improvement over Yaya Toure and excluding Messi, no one else really broke through during Pep's reign, simply because there wasn't a need to. Gaudino and Hojbjerg simply hasn't shown shit. If our products are just not good enough, why play them?

And who else did he kick who was actually our first team standard? Emre Can? You're laughable if you think he'll improve our squad. Schweini? His time is up.
Last edited by Dumbledore7 on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby RAJBAYERN » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:19 am

Dumbledore7 wrote:Do you honestly think we can just give any youngster playing time, and suddenly they become good? This isn't FIFA. If these youngster couldn't impress the coach enough, tough luck for them. It's irrelevant what other coaches would've done. We've seen what's happening with Kimmich now with him given a lot of sporadic playing time because he deserves it, it's exactly the same with Muller in 2009 under LvG or Busquets in the same year under our current coach.

What about Gaudino and Hojbjerg? Well too bad, really. When they can play better than players whose names are Thiago Alcantara or Arturo Vidal, maybe they can figure it out. Too bad they can't provide us with any additional quality. Too bad that Gaudino is so physically inadequate, and too bad that Hojbjerg got too arrogant when he can't even seal playing time at a club you call "Scheisse 04". Finally, too bad we don't need them the way our team needed Muller back in 2009. Tough luck.

And why exactly can't we say Boateng? You're lying to yourself if his passing and positional play had not gone to another level. He was always going to be a great defender, but if you project purely based from what he had shown until 2013, there was no reason to believe that he would be talked about amongst Ramos and Silva as the world's very best CB.

Pep in his first two seasons with Bayern showed interest in meet, train and teach many youth Bayern players, but this season seems that he close doors……Maybe because he decide to leave, so with the necessity of fulfill all the goals that are not achieve yet, I think the process of developing players is now irrelevant for him.

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

National Flag:
India

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:21 am

I stand by my point with Kimmich. A young player taken out of practically nowhere, and look how much faith he was given. If the player's good, he's good. If he's not, he's not.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby JANCKER » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:38 am

Kimmich should be getting more playing time than what he's getting... same thing with others...

Dumbledore7 wrote:A young player taken out of practically nowhere

Not just out of nowhere, there was a forum member calling to see him in a Bayern jersey before we were aware of any interest from Bayern.

And if the Pep-Kroos love was a two way love as they want us to believe... you believe the board would've let him go? :P Yeah, really... it makes sense... we were paying Goetze a fortune anyway to not give him what he asked.
Even the Goetze transfer was useless, excessive... even if he is German. There have been players that Pep could've developed and trusted but he didn't...
And this Goetze is shit compared to the one in Dortmund...
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:20 am

JANCKER wrote:Kimmich should be getting more playing time than what he's getting... same thing with others...

Dumbledore7 wrote:A young player taken out of practically nowhere

Not just out of nowhere, there was a forum member calling to see him in a Bayern jersey before we were aware of any interest from Bayern.

And if the Pep-Kroos love was a two way love as they want us to believe... you believe the board would've let him go? :P Yeah, really... it makes sense... we were paying Goetze a fortune anyway to not give him what he asked.
Even the Goetze transfer was useless, excessive... even if he is German. There have been players that Pep could've developed and trusted but he didn't...
And this Goetze is shit compared to the one in Dortmund...

When he comes on Kimmich gets a yellow card half of the time. If he's playing any more he'd break Xhaka's disciplinary records. The guy is 20. Can you name any one player who were getting more playing time at that age? Even Müller and Alaba didn't get much more. And who are these "others" you speak of?

You're absolutely missing my point on Kimmich. We had Gaudino and Hojbjerg, both of whom are very talented. There are also players like Xhaka, Goretzka and Geis in the Bundesliga. Yet it was someone from RB Leipzig who slot in seamlessly now. What does that say about our youth products? They're not as good as Kimmich.

Götze's salary was decided when he was signed, as the prodigy from Dortmund, meant to be Germany's messiah. It's natural he got that much. Are you saying the board chose to pay him that much after they saw him play shit? Don't spur out the rubbish that he wasn't trusted. He played nearly every game he was available under Pep, don't be stupid.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby prasun77 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:12 am

Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!