You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby pyrasur » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:32 pm

endrity wrote:I actually think some of the fans are suffering more than the board and players seem to be regarding Pep's decision.

Guys it's all good, Pep was a good coach but by no means is he unreplacable or unbeatable. In Carlo we have another great tactician and most of the transfers have been good due to our great scouting which we continue to have in place. Pep told the club well in advance and everything has been planned about as well as it can be. Our players have played under new coaches before, and they can and will do that again without problem.

Life is going to on and Bayern will again be highly successful next year, I can guarantee that. Pep needs to coach a good half a season now, hopefully we can again make a deep CL push. Nothing is more imporant than that in keeping the reputation of Bayern as high as it is right now. We still can and will attract top quality players in Munich.

Immer Bayern.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:34 pm

tflags wrote:There are some pretty messed up discussions going on here but really none as disturbing as, sorry to say, ramsej's. I mean, he's been delighting us with his celebrations each time Pep forces Neuer to screw up or God forbid the team shows up one handed on a wrestling match vs a 400 million worth of players team.

And just thinking he can finally leave us be when Guardiola announces he's leaving he goes on and calls it a betrayal. I just realized some people simply cant stand others' success. Block the bastards. Not really worth the effort.

Happy Christmas Tflags

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:38 pm

I am seeing parrallels ... When Saint Pope John Paul II was succeeded by Pope Benedict XVI the latter did not receive the same affection due to the fact that S.JP II was more open to the media etc etc.
Pep suffered the same fate as he was succeeding a treble winner

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Dumbledore7 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:06 pm

endrity wrote:I think the only legitimate point worth debating is whether Pep brought additional value to Bayern's brand, however you want to define "value" and "brand".

We can argue about success and other opinion-related parameters until the end of time and we'll never get to the end of it, but if I can say one thing that Pep factually, inarguably did for us, it's that he really kicked the quality of our players up a notch. Collectively as a team we haven't won the CL and whatever so it's difficult to gauge that improvement, but I'd find it impossible to deny that Boateng, Alaba, Müller, Neuer, Lahm, even Robben have not only gotten better at what they do but have added something else to their game.

It's not a case of players getting better by simply training more, there are definitively some qualities there that only a Pep Guardiola could have added. In terms of trophy records, yes, the team haven't really done something out of this world, but I think most of our players would tell you that they're grateful for what the coach had done for them.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby bastos80 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:25 pm

JANCKER wrote:Just look how many pages Jupp reached in this forum... 1/20 of Pep's thread... I guess that's an indicator too. There's more talk about Pep than Bayern... a thing unknown to Bayern before... a manager above the club. :P

Only because the fans think it is necessary to write all this bullshit :lol:
The fans make this topic bigger than it should be. But hey, guess Pep brainwashed us all.
Neuer - Kimmich, Boateng, Hummels, Alaba - Vidal, Thiago - Müller, James, Alexis - Lewandowski
bastos80
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Argeta » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:54 pm

Everyone defending Pep, I have never got to hear WHY you like him so much. Anyone care to give me some reasons? And don't give me that "we are playing one step better than we did during Heynckes according to football experts" bullshit.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tflags » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:58 pm

Blocked. 8)
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Argeta » Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:04 am

tflags wrote:Blocked. 8)

The "according to football experts" was the argument you were going to use wasn't it. Lol
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:18 am

Argeta wrote:Everyone defending Pep, I have never got to hear WHY you like him so much. Anyone care to give me some reasons? And don't give me that "we are playing one step better than we did during Heynckes according to football experts" bullshit.

It has been debated at nauseam and both sides have made their cases, some users in a more measured way, some in a less measured one. Time to put the debate behind us, we will have to wait a few years before settling on any sort of consensus. Let's see how Ancelotti does, and how we fare after him, then we can tell what the impact of Pep was.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:50 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:It has been debated at nauseam and both sides have made their cases, some users in a more measured way, some in a less measured one. Time to put the debate behind us, we will have to wait a few years before settling on any sort of consensus. Let's see how Ancelotti does, and how we fare after him, then we can tell what the impact of Pep was.

Years? I don’t think so. Next six months will be enough for know the legacy of Pep in Bayern. Right now his legacy is defining as an unlucky coach, because after the 0-4 against Madrid, he doesn’t have the chance to have a healthy squad for get revenge.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby RAJBAYERN » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:05 am

Argeta wrote:Everyone defending Pep, I have never got to hear WHY you like him so much. Anyone care to give me some reasons? And don't give me that "we are playing one step better than we did during Heynckes according to football experts" bullshit.

I am not anti-Pep and also I am sad because he is leaving, but agree with you that is disgusting to read and listen some comments of the "experts" saying that Pep team is better than Heynckes one... :x :x

Hope Pep can retire with the champions league trophy, but no matter how good can be his team in this last 6 months left, Heynckes team will be better forever.

You know why?.... Because Pep with his 100% possessive football mentality would cause him to fall in Heynckes trap.

Heynckes Plan B, which used in the 7-0 against Barcelona, would beat any Pep teams. Heynckes would have used the physical defensive and vertical direct counterattack strategy for face Pep team.
Super-Bayern! Super-Bayern! Hey! Hey!

DANKE JUPP!
RAJBAYERN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby JANCKER » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:31 am

Defending him is totally legit... but getting personal insults from fellow fans in the process for the sake of it isn't... I've seen even attempts to put down the league, the club, the players, let alone the poor fans for his defense which is absolutely wrong.
I'm glad that once he's gone that will most likely go away with him... IMO he divided this club in a way that nobody else ever managed to do.
Sometimes I think that some members are Pep, how much by heart they take criticism. :P
"Look at me when I'm talking to you!" :lol:
Take a deep breath and repeat after me… GOOS-FRA-BA... GOOSFRABA...
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby prasun77 » Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:28 pm

Thierry Henry has explained the reason why he played on the left wing for Barcelona and how Pep Guardiola’s tactical instructions were key to the club’s success.

Henry, who remains Arsenal’s all-time record goalscorer, was regularly played on the left flank rather than as a central striker by Guardiola, and the former France international admits he was forced to adapt following his move to Spain.

“How many times would we see a player come and ask for the ball [deep in central midfield]?” Henry told Sky Sports.

“Not with Barcelona. Stay in your position, trust your team-mate on the ball, and wait for the ball. Look at where I am [hugging the left touchline]. That position allowed [Andres] Iniesta to get the ball [in central midfield] because I’m occupying the right-back.

“Freedom, [in the] last third, run, you’re allowed to. You start in a high position, and wide, but after that, you can do whatever you want.

“Basically from training to the game, up until the last third, he [Guardiola] used to call it the ‘three Ps’ - play, possession and position. And the most important one was position. You have to stay in your position, trust your team-mates and allow the ball to come to you.

“In training, to make you understand that, especially for Xavi and Iniesta, he would put cones [down] and up until the last third, guys who were playing on the right were not allowed to cross over to the left were not allowed to cross over to the right, and on the left you were not allowed to cross over to the right. But the last third was freedom for us.”

Henry also revealed one occasion where he defied Guardiola’s orders and was substituted at half-time - despite scoring a goal.

“He had a plan. If you don’t actually do what he’s asking you to do, you’re going to be in trouble,” said the World Cup winner.

“Me being me I went there [to the right wing] to play with Leo [Messi] and I could hear him being upset because I wasn’t on the side of the dugout. I didn’t really care, you know.

“I scored a goal, 1-0 up against Sporting Lisbon at half-time, all nice and everything, and he took me off. I was like ‘what did I do wrong?’. Very similar to [Louis] Van Gaal, when Pep had a plan - respect his plan.

“He used to say to us the fist time he took the team, ‘my job is to take you up to the last third, your job is to finish it’.” [source]

Explains it quite a bit..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby MICUN » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:35 pm

I reading for a days yours discusion abouth Pep...I dont understand,how somebody can compare Pep and Jupp???

After the defeat of Real Madrid in the first game , he made ​​the same mistakes in second.Stubbornly kept to his tactics, and when it was obvious that the team does not play good.one moment can not be compared pep and jupp.Jupp their tactics and approach to change accordingly teams against whom we played and learned from mistakes , which pep never worked !! Pep lot of lying , and very selfish , not to say hypocritical.Very glad that he goes , and he should have long ago ! I am sure that we are facing a great period with Carlo Ancelotti , .. You said PEP is successful ? If I had been Bayern coach these 3 years, and against such violations Dortmund broken , and i would have taken the Bundesliga , even the cup last year ! all mistakes he made in the CL last two years , and the same will do this , do not hope that we will be champions ..next year maybe, when carletto as a coach !
MICUN
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MICUN » Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:36 pm

sorry on my bad english
MICUN
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion