You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby #12 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:37 pm

pyrasur wrote:On a lighter note, well said viva la Bayern. Peps on his way out so full support for the team for the last six months. There is no more need for an agenda. Anybody hoping he doesn't deliver anything before he leaves is not a true Bayern fan!

Did anyone ever do that? :shock:
He actually delivered something... Just not what apparently everybody wants/wanted... But that one is hard to plan... It's extremely difficult to obtain... I always just wanted to see improvement... Meaning being able to score away against top teams... Making it a close tie in those games... That would be great... I don't even see us winning one in the next ten for sure, as it's always difficult... But I want to see Bayern **** Munich and not some headless chickens hoping for the end of hunting season...

Also, not everybody who criticizes him is a troll...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:48 am

Pep Guardiola still has 'everything to prove' as a manager, claims Glenn Hoddle [source]
Take a deep breath and repeat after me… GOOS-FRA-BA... GOOSFRABA...
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ottackon » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:16 am

Glenn Hoddle #-o
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:49 am

Bournemouth, who are playing the Premier League for the first time ever and last season reached the QUARTER-FINAL of the League Cup for the first time, are better than Getafe, who have been in La Liga for the past 10 years or so. They're also better than bottom of the table teams like Werder Bremen, Hannover, and EL participants Augsburg.

Sure, Hoddle, whatever makes you sleep at night. :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:54 pm

I think what he actually means is that the gap between Barcelona and Getafe is bigger than the gap between ManCity/Chelsea/Arsenal/ManUtd and Bournemouth. That's arguably true. Or can anyone see the Spanish equivalent of Leicester topping La Liga after half a season? Or Real or Barcelona ranking three points above the relegation zone?
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:58 pm

Well, we did have Dortmund there for a long time last season. ;)

The fact that the gap between Barca and Getafe is bigger is probably true, but you could argue that he helped bring that about. If he goes to City or United, he'll have all the money he wants to spend on transfers. I doubt the team's quality would be equal to what it is now; I'd expect a much stronger side.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:09 pm

With all due respect to Dortmund, they're not on the same level as Barcelona or Real Madrid.

If he takes the next job in season 2016/17 already, it might be a tough task. There are the Euro2016, which means preparation time will be shortened. He doesn't have much of a foundation to build on like at Barca or Bayern, with Van Gaal and Heynckes as predecessors (well, unless he joins United, but it can't be said that they play Van Gaal's positional game to perfection). There are more games and less time for training in the Premier League, hence it might take him even longer to implement his system. And EPL teams need immediate results, as there is more competition between the above mentioned four teams. Failures can be much more costly there in the league than they have been for Bayern the last two seasons in the Bundesliga. And whether EPL fans will show the necessary patience also remains to be seen.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:13 pm

RedQueen wrote:With all due respect to Dortmund, they're not on the same level as Barcelona or Real Madrid.

I meant to compare them to Chelsea, not them.

You raise good points I suppose. We'll see.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:03 pm

RedQueen wrote:With all due respect to Dortmund, they're not on the same level as Barcelona or Real Madrid.

If he takes the next job in season 2016/17 already, it might be a tough task. There are the Euro2016, which means preparation time will be shortened. He doesn't have much of a foundation to build on like at Barca or Bayern, with Van Gaal and Heynckes as predecessors (well, unless he joins United, but it can't be said that they play Van Gaal's positional game to perfection). There are more games and less time for training in the Premier League, hence it might take him even longer to implement his system. And EPL teams need immediate results, as there is more competition between the above mentioned four teams. Failures can be much more costly there in the league than they have been for Bayern the last two seasons in the Bundesliga. And whether EPL fans will show the necessary patience also remains to be seen.

While I agree with this comment entirely, people often seem to overlook the fact that he will be working with two former Barcelona executives whom he worked with at Barcelona and are friends with, and who share his philosophy and are familiar with his ideas and methods (assuming he's going to City). He will be given time and assistance necessary to adapt to England. When people think of Man City, they think "oil sheikhs" but their football is run by former Barcelona executives.
fashiondesign_guru
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Pep to City is a done deal accoridng to Bild. I have to say - romance is dead, but I am disappointed..
http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/josep ... .bild.html
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Postby MillaMjau » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:08 pm

It doesn't come as a surprise but still.... ManCity. URGH. :sick:
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:36 pm

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger takes swipe at Pep Guardiola for announcing Bayern Munich exit six months early [source]
Take a deep breath and repeat after me… GOOS-FRA-BA... GOOSFRABA...
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ottackon » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:37 pm

Am I the only one who actually don't care about Pep's next destination ?
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:48 pm

Well... Shitty fans will be regretting his appointment very soon. If it took Pep three seasons to find an appropriate playing style for us, and implementing the pure Barça-style was impossible, he will take at least 5 years to shape their horrible squad into anything decent. They will likely experience regression in the first season as his players would need to learn to play football from scratch.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:53 pm

JANCKER wrote:
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger takes swipe at Pep Guardiola for announcing Bayern Munich exit six months early [source]

Guardiola didn't announce anything, Bayern announced his departure and replacement.
fashiondesign_guru
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion