You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:12 pm

#12 wrote:The bold part?
What's not to get? He's never changing anything, we keep losing in the same way, mostly away, whenever we play somebody with decent players that don't already shit their pants two weeks before the game...

You're quite volatile, you know? A few weeks ago you were ready to concede that Pep had adapted and had promised not to bash him if he won against some particular major team (I don't remember which one, either Dortmund or Wolfsburg).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby bastos80 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:21 pm

#12 wrote:
FootballFan wrote:I'm sorry, but I simply don't see it. The "we keep losing the same way part".

You don't see all hell breaking lose in the same way against Gladbach, Madrid, Barcelona? You don't see us being basically unable to penetrate in all those games (except for some 20 minutes against Gladbach)? You don't see us being vulnerable in away games, especially when facing a few decent kickers? You don't see us being slow, hesitant, confused and generally a total mess on defense?

Well - then I would advise you to switch to the Bayern games - and if you already did it's high time you should go see your eye doctor... ;)

I refuse to accept Barcelona as an example for your argumentation. Do I have to explain why ? Don't think so, as I've already done it many times before.
Dreamteam 18/19
----------- Lewy
--------------------- Démbéle
--------------- James
-------- Tolisso --- Goretzka
--------------- Thiago
Alaba - Hummels - Boateng - Kimmich
---------------- Neuer
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:33 pm

It makes a difference in the CL if you lose, 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0... he could've lost with a lesser margin even with all the injuries if not possible to win.
Cu' pecura si fa, lupu su' mancia.
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:48 pm

bastos80 wrote:I refuse to accept Barcelona as an example for your argumentation. Do I have to explain why ? Don't think so, as I've already done it many times before.

Feel free to... While you're at it, you can instead include Wolfsburg and the home game vs. Dortmund in Guardiola's first year... ;)

Also, it's not just the timing when it comes to goals - it's also the way we concede, those goals are practically sent out with gift cards...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:21 pm

The home game against Dortmund was totally irrelevant for us because we had already wrapped the league title and btw some amateur GK messed it up after Neuer's injury

We won 0-3 in Dortmund and the DFB Pokal final against them that season
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:25 pm

Pep deserves criticism for his tactics against Real Madrid, but even in that game our huge loss wasn't because of our high defense line as most of the people usually say.

Remember that 3 out of 4 goals in that game came from set pieces
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby bastos80 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:40 pm

#12 wrote:
bastos80 wrote:I refuse to accept Barcelona as an example for your argumentation. Do I have to explain why ? Don't think so, as I've already done it many times before.

Feel free to... While you're at it, you can instead include Wolfsburg and the home game vs. Dortmund in Guardiola's first year... ;)

Also, it's not just the timing when it comes to goals - it's also the way we concede, those goals are practically sent out with gift cards...

Yeah, that home game. Totally forgot about it because it was absolutly irrelevant :lol:

Wolfsburg, Gladbach, Real.

I'm totally on your side with that Real game. That was a desaster, not creating anything offensively, but:

Did you rewatch the first goal ? It was a counter-attack, but, just look at it again. We had enough men behind the ball, but literally NOBODY put pressure on Real Madrid defenders. Boateng was positioned badly also.
Tactical error you think ? (Pep thread so we're criticising tactics).
Second leg, same thing. Yeah, we can criticise Pep for the team not being able to produce, but:
2 corner kicks resulting to a goal inside 5 minutes ? Really ? Team has been sleeping there. Once again, only limited influence by Pep. Might also add we really sucked at defending set pieces even during Jupp's era.
Game was practically over. If you really care about losing 3-0 or 5-0 in a tie you're really a sissy. There still is a thing called mentality which, I'd never blame any coach for not fixing it in a situation like that.

Wolfsburg match. Yep, Wolfsburg really got us on the wrong foot there. Happens to every big team, considering Wolfsburg was playing a superb season and this being in the Bundesliga I don't want to make this loss more relevant that it actually is. I just want to talk about your critics.
I don't know what your point is about the timing of these goals in that one. First goal was at the start of the game, second right before the half, third right after than and fourth at the end of the game.
Way of conceding: A "Sonntagsschuss" by Dost, two perfect passes because of the high line (Yeah, it actually happens when your defenders don't take enough care and it is a danger of playing like that.) and a counter attack when we were justifiedly pushing for more goals.

Gladbach game. We created enough, didn't finish. Don't ask me why. Conceded three inside 15. Don't ask me why. Might be Pep's instructions, I agree, might be players not being used to being down and therefore losing head. I can't see any tactical error leading to goals though.

You said we always lose our head, in fact we only did that in 2 games, Gladbach and Barca.
You've got your points but I find that you're really exaggerating, acting like the things you stated are happening in every game, in fact there are so many games between every of our total **** up days and matches you use to criticise the coach.
We might not be that great in away matches, but I'd rather say we're not that great when we can't penetrate enough over the wings. If our opponents play at home that is even easier to defend.

I don't have the exact number of (away) games lost by Real, Barca, PSG and other big clubs, but I doubt they're significantly lower and I doubt the reasons they lose (if it happens) are significantly different to ours.

Sorry for the long post, but I think I've said it all now and to be honest I don't really feel in the mood to discuss more about Pep Guardiola and why we lose and how much he is to blame for the losses, because you won't change my opinion and I won't change yours.
Dreamteam 18/19
----------- Lewy
--------------- James
--------------- Thiago
---------------- Neuer
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:36 pm

Ok, wrt that I'll keep it really short...
Well, maybe it was irrelevant, but he still wanted to win... It's obvious we can't play well for a whole 90 minutes as well as a whole season with him... ;)

True, there are a lot of wins in between, but honestly: is it really so special to beat games like Darmstadt, Paderborn and HAmburg in between?
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby bastos80 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:41 pm

#12 wrote:Ok, wrt that I'll keep it really short...
Well, maybe it was irrelevant, but he still wanted to win... It's obvious we can't play well for a whole 90 minutes as well as a whole season with him... ;)

True, there are a lot of wins in between, but honestly: is it really so special to beat games like Darmstadt, Paderborn and HAmburg in between?

Is it really that special to lose against Wolfsburg and Gladbach once in a season ?
Dreamteam 18/19
----------- Lewy
--------------- James
--------------- Thiago
---------------- Neuer
bastos80

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:23 am

Guardiola about contract extension for Croatian radio television (HRT) and Mila Horvat

Mila: "Do you stay at Bayern after this season?"

Jozo: "I don't know." :pep:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CroCHEF » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:53 am

CroCHEF
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:59 am

:D
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB general » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:00 am

CroCHEF wrote:Image

Opaaaaaaaaa @Cro, izdominirao si! Svaka čast care, glavni si! :thumbup: =D> =D> =D> :)

Just look at that face, gentlemen(and ladies). We know who's the boss! :wink:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Burko » Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:20 am

Wow! Amazing photo =D>
1974, 1975, 1976, 2001, 2013, 2017?
Burko
I post all the time

National Flag:
Slovakia

Postby ottackon » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:48 pm

ottackon