You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby fashiondesign_guru » Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:30 am

Argeta wrote:
#12 wrote:Messi injured in 2013? I didn't see that, honestly... He scored in both matches that took place before the Bayern games... In one even twice ;)

I think with our current form it would still be up to fate: if we played at home first we would stand a chance... If we played away first we would most likely be eliminated...

Messi even said in an interview after the game that he was not injured, so were these excuses are coming from, I do not knowm

Messi had hamstring issues in the first game, he was forced to play and he didn't even play in the second game. They had other issues as well, like their coach dying, having no other credible attackers like the ones they have today (Neymar-Suarez) against our fully fit team. In a reverse situation we saw how it could affect us last season as we were missing key players. A fully fit Bayern vs a fully fit Barca would be a closer tie and a sight to see, both are awesome teams.

Saying that, we look really good this season and we can end up winning the treble, but people who claim we should see off Barcelona easily (based on 2013) probably don't have a good understanding of the game. Barcelona has the deadliest frontline on paper, Bayern, Real and Man City come as close seconds when these teams are fully fit. Barcelona midfield is very strong too. Some people don't like Barcelona's defense but an in form Alves-Pique-Mascherano-Alba is a pretty good defense to me.

Barcelona are no joke when they're fully fit and are in form, they're the strongest team on paper.

Other teams are quite strong as well. People treat a group of teams like the current RM, City, PSG, Juventus as if they're Schalke, Wolfsburg, Leverkusen, Hertha Berlin.

We can beat all of them but on a good day anyone can beat anyone in an elimination game. All of these teams have pretty skillful players. I believe we have a good chance of winning the treble, or at least the CL this season. But it wouldn't be the end of the world if we can't as long as we show character.
fashiondesign_guru
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:48 pm

I think WE have the strongest team on paper... For the simple reason that NONE of those teams have squad depth that is evene REMOTELY in our spheres... We can rest basically every player every now and then, while they have to play all the time... Should give us a little advantage when those games come...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:01 pm

This barcelona thing is now getting on my nerves..yes when it comes to clasico i support barca too but seriously..
Yes their front 3 is best in the world but that's probably it..
In midfield they got..Busquets,Iniesta,Rakitic...
We have thiago,vidal and martinez..yes,pep said once benatia and badstuber return martinez won't play CB..So..Iwould take martinez over busquets any day any time any where..Vidal is slowly coming in form and is a far stronger mentally tougher and able player than rakitic,this rakitic can do nothing that our king arturo can't...And Iniesta is 31 years old...our thiago can outrun him anyday..thiago contributes to defence too..and dare I say thiago's skillset is equal to iniesta..even if not..just a but less you say ..still our midfield is overall better..who do they have as subs?**** sergi roberto..we have Gotze..Rafinha alcantara is not a cause of worry for Bayern I am sure and Costa can play central too...then we have Alonso and they have no one..

In defense "Alves-Pique-Mascherano-Alba is a pretty good defense" yes it is and that's all it is..Alves is not world class in defense..neither is Alba..Our fullbacks are (I know formations don't matter to Pep but still..traditionally!)Captain Lahm and David Alaba....Even an off-form lahm is doing better than Alves and Alaba>>>>>>>>>>Alba..in what you ask?
Attack(Speed,Skills,Vision,Freekicks....everything)
In defenseon the ball as well as off the ball Alaba is far better in positioning,Interceptions,Tackling..everything..

Over central defenders are Boateng and Beatia/Badstuber...FAR more solid defenders than Pique..Pique is a very good defender no doubt but not better than boateng its easy to compare them because both are similar kinds of defenders in pep's system..If you say messi humiliated Boateng then I will post 3 SEAPARATE VIDEOS of OUR Robben humiliating Pique..

Mascherano and Benatia/Badstuber I don't wanna compare ..both are very good and of different types..Nobody can say one is better than the other..
its like saying Pizza is better than noodles..

And as far as goalkeepers go they have MATS and Bravo we have Neuer..I don't need to elaborate on this..

I left a point about attackers but it is proving too tempting..Obviously..lets take their names first..Messi,Suarez,Neymar..done with it..Our fully fit attack line is Robben,Muller,Lewa..I know it sounds weird but Lewa and Muller ave scored more goals than Suarez and Neymar..they are getting far more hype and credit just because they are barcelona..but we all know how good Muller is he has a position and role as his patent...neymar has none..neither has suarez..And..they contribute more defensively too..But still their attack is better right?WRONG!
Here is the trump card..In the Line up I have suggested we STILL have .....Coman,Costa,Ribery on their bench..who do they have?Arda turan..he is better than none of them..

CONCLUSION:We are the better team on the paper..Yes we should respect barca but not fear them..If both sides are full strength we are the favourites not them..
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby JANCKER » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:05 pm

But but but... Messi is unstoppable. :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:11 pm

I agree with evrything bar the attack. Messi Neymar and Suarez are better than Robben and Lewa.
Mueller is from another planet.

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:48 pm

prasun77 wrote:This barcelona thing is now getting on my nerves..yes when it comes to clasico i support barca too but seriously..
Yes their front 3 is best in the world but that's probably it..
In midfield they got..Busquets,Iniesta,Rakitic...
We have thiago,vidal and martinez..yes,pep said once benatia and badstuber return martinez won't play CB..So..Iwould take martinez over busquets any day any time any where..Vidal is slowly coming in form and is a far stronger mentally tougher and able player than rakitic,this rakitic can do nothing that our king arturo can't...And Iniesta is 31 years old...our thiago can outrun him anyday..thiago contributes to defence too..and dare I say thiago's skillset is equal to iniesta..even if not..just a but less you say ..still our midfield is overall better..who do they have as subs?**** sergi roberto..we have Gotze..Rafinha alcantara is not a cause of worry for Bayern I am sure and Costa can play central too...then we have Alonso and they have no one..

In defense "Alves-Pique-Mascherano-Alba is a pretty good defense" yes it is and that's all it is..Alves is not world class in defense..neither is Alba..Our fullbacks are (I know formations don't matter to Pep but still..traditionally!)Captain Lahm and David Alaba....Even an off-form lahm is doing better than Alves and Alaba>>>>>>>>>>Alba..in what you ask?
Attack(Speed,Skills,Vision,Freekicks....everything)
In defenseon the ball as well as off the ball Alaba is far better in positioning,Interceptions,Tackling..everything..

Over central defenders are Boateng and Beatia/Badstuber...FAR more solid defenders than Pique..Pique is a very good defender no doubt but not better than boateng its easy to compare them because both are similar kinds of defenders in pep's system..If you say messi humiliated Boateng then I will post 3 SEAPARATE VIDEOS of OUR Robben humiliating Pique..

Mascherano and Benatia/Badstuber I don't wanna compare ..both are very good and of different types..Nobody can say one is better than the other..
its like saying Pizza is better than noodles..

And as far as goalkeepers go they have MATS and Bravo we have Neuer..I don't need to elaborate on this..

I left a point about attackers but it is proving too tempting..Obviously..lets take their names first..Messi,Suarez,Neymar..done with it..Our fully fit attack line is Robben,Muller,Lewa..I know it sounds weird but Lewa and Muller ave scored more goals than Suarez and Neymar..they are getting far more hype and credit just because they are barcelona..but we all know how good Muller is he has a position and role as his patent...neymar has none..neither has suarez..And..they contribute more defensively too..But still their attack is better right?WRONG!
Here is the trump card..In the Line up I have suggested we STILL have .....Coman,Costa,Ribery on their bench..who do they have?Arda turan..he is better than none of them..

CONCLUSION:We are the better team on the paper..Yes we should respect barca but not fear them..If both sides are full strength we are the favourites not them..

Pizza is self-evidently better than noodles (or anything else as a matter of fact).

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:28 pm

Well... Pizza is awesome, but... Not neccessarily :P

Guess you never tasted my world-famous Bolognese (or Lasagna) ! :P :D
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:30 pm

DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ottackon » Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:47 pm

I thought his borther Pere was his agent.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby DRvad14 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:11 pm

pere is the agent for pep but orobitg was the agent for pep when he signed with bayern if i am not mistaken (atleast thats how i remember reading in the book)
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:17 pm

if ronnie goes to psg, a perfect team if pep leaves would be madrid.

However, unlikely due to his barca past.

The team would thrive in possession football and his budget would be enormous....

Instead of thiago coming there, he could probably get one of the verrati/pogba to join and the team would be fantastic.

Carvalj-ramos-varane-marcelo/gaya

Kovaic-Modric-James

Isco-benz-Bale

Bench: danilo. pepe, marcelo, casimero, jese, asenjo/

Or he could play a back 3 and buy gaya as a wingback with carvalj on the other side. Purchase laporte too

Laporte-varane-ramos

caravlj-modric-james-isco-gaya
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:31 pm

Thiagoalcantara wrote:if ronnie goes to psg, a perfect team if pep leaves would be madrid.

However, unlikely due to his barca past.

The team would thrive in possession football and his budget would be enormous....

Instead of thiago coming there, he could probably get one of the verrati/pogba to join and the team would be fantastic.

Carvalj-ramos-varane-marcelo/gaya

Kovaic-Modric-James

Isco-benz-Bale

Bench: danilo. pepe, marcelo, casimero, jese, asenjo/

Or he could play a back 3 and buy gaya as a wingback with carvalj on the other side. Purchase laporte too

Laporte-varane-ramos

caravlj-modric-james-isco-gaya
:???:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:40 pm

We definitely have the best team on paper and the best manager too.

In terms of squads, the top 4 would be us, barca, psg and madrid (not in this order)>

GK: US>Madrid>Barca>PSG
Backline:PSG>Madrid>us>barca
*backline is very close with madrid, us and barcelona However, I thinkk psg has the best backline in football.
CM: Us>Madrid>Barca>PSG
*I love me some verratti, however, motta and matudi are both not as good as the other teams.
Forwards: Barca>Us>Madrid>PSG
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

Postby prasun77 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:53 pm

PSG has the best defense line?
with david luiz and van der weil/aurier?and their lefty back is Kurzawa right?
this is the best?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Thiagoalcantara » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:01 pm

prasun77 wrote:PSG has the best defense line?
with david luiz and van der weil/aurier?and their lefty back is Kurzawa right?
this is the best?

aurier is by default the best rb in the world. You can ask many neutral fans about aurier, but i don't see any better rb than him.

Silva/luiz/marquinhos best cb combos.

and maxwell/kurazwa very very good.
Thiagoalcantara
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion