You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby envagyokazapad » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:03 pm

For 3 seasons now we've been better than Barca and Real in the first part of the season...so we've already proven that the form in the first half of the season doesn't mean much.

Can we keep going like this? That's the question. With Heynckes we played well throughout the entire season, when we won the treble, so that is what we should repeat now, if we want to win.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Argeta » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:15 pm

#12 wrote:Messi injured in 2013? I didn't see that, honestly... He scored in both matches that took place before the Bayern games... In one even twice ;)

I think with our current form it would still be up to fate: if we played at home first we would stand a chance... If we played away first we would most likely be eliminated...

Messi even said in an interview after the game that he was not injured, so were these excuses are coming from, I do not knowm
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:35 pm

He was fit enough to play. Still played through a hamstring injury.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:29 am

envagyokazapad wrote:For 3 seasons now we've been better than Barca and Real in the first part of the season...so we've already proven that the form in the first half of the season doesn't mean much.

Can we keep going like this? That's the question. With Heynckes we played well throughout the entire season, when we won the treble, so that is what we should repeat now, if we want to win.

For me the question is -> How many players are going to be injured in April-May?

We were really lucky in the treble winning season with injuries, because Robben was a key player in that treble and he was a bench player until Kroos fell injured for the season.

Kroos and Badstuber were the biggest issues with injuries that season. Robben and Boateng their replacements. Not bad :wink:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby endrity » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:21 am

We have better depth this season, but it's not only that which has hurt us in the previous two years. By and large we have been more lethargic in the second half, also losing a lot of domestic games.

My favourite theory, though not proven at all, is that Guardiola has tinkered too much with the tactics. He seems to be in a constant need to reinvent himself and his tactics before anyone figures them out but what it has created is a team without a clear identity by the end of the season. Injuries have also helped in that regard. This season he seems not only more conventional, but also more consistent in his approach. By and large, we have played some form of 4-4-2 with Muller and Lewa as forwards, two wingers and two traditional CM. The only tinker is a 3-2-3-2 which we have played against weaker sides with an extra attacking midfielder in for a CB. Mostly full backs and wingers have played as full backs and wingers, and center forwards as center forwards. No weird stuff. Long may it continue.
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ottackon » Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Bayern were dependent on two players who were often absent since 2014, two players who were the only ones in the squad capable of bringing the speed and percussion on the wings, an essential component in the game of the best teams in the world .
Now with the recruitment of Costa and Coman, our game is again much faster and unpredictable, with a significant difference from Robbery, because these two new recruits can play as natural wingers or inverted wingers which offer more variety and scoring opportunities to Lewandowski and Muller.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby JANCKER » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:40 pm

Guardiola could leave Bayern Munich for Manchester City - Sagnol [source]
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:13 pm

Guardiola could leave Bayern München for NYCFC - pyrasur

"It's not impossible he could join NYCFC" sources heard pyrasur say.

"After all, he has lived in New York in the past, they are owned by Man City so he could still work with his friend Begiristain. I could see it having a small chance of happening"

"Also it might be sunny weather tomorrow"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:19 pm

There wouldn't be speculation if he signed it...
Neuer - Boateng, Martínez, Hummels - Kimmich, Thiago, Alaba - Bernardeschi, Müller, Coman - Lewandowski
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:28 pm

It's fairly obvious he could sign for City. If Sagnol said he will sign for City, I might become curious as to how he would know.

I could eat spaghetti for dinner today. My hunger will return in six hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:39 pm

He said that he might be tempted to choose them over others... and I guess he's been reading the same stuff as we did.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:51 pm

pyrasur wrote:I could eat spaghetti for dinner today. My hunger will return in six hours.

Dude, you're (at least half-) American! Grow a pair and grab yourself some meat, will you?! :P :mrgreen: :lol:
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby albanian7 » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:07 am

endrity wrote:We have better depth this season, but it's not only that which has hurt us in the previous two years. By and large we have been more lethargic in the second half, also losing a lot of domestic games.

My favourite theory, though not proven at all, is that Guardiola has tinkered too much with the tactics. He seems to be in a constant need to reinvent himself and his tactics before anyone figures them out but what it has created is a team without a clear identity by the end of the season. Injuries have also helped in that regard. This season he seems not only more conventional, but also more consistent in his approach. By and large, we have played some form of 4-4-2 with Muller and Lewa as forwards, two wingers and two traditional CM. The only tinker is a 3-2-3-2 which we have played against weaker sides with an extra attacking midfielder in for a CB. Mostly full backs and wingers have played as full backs and wingers, and center forwards as center forwards. No weird stuff. Long may it continue.

At the biggest debate in that 4-4-2 thing is who will be the two midfielders from the Alonso/Vidal/Thiago trio
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby pyrasur » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:27 am

#12 wrote:
pyrasur wrote:I could eat spaghetti for dinner today. My hunger will return in six hours.

Dude, you're (at least half-) American! Grow a pair and grab yourself some meat, will you?! :P :mrgreen: :lol:

There's no such thing as half American. You either are or you aren't. 8)

Also

pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby endrity » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:22 am

albanian7 wrote:
endrity wrote:We have better depth this season, but it's not only that which has hurt us in the previous two years. By and large we have been more lethargic in the second half, also losing a lot of domestic games.

At the biggest debate in that 4-4-2 thing is who will be the two midfielders from the Alonso/Vidal/Thiago trio

I hope it will be Thiago Vidal, but I am sure Pep prefers Thiago Alonso right now.
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion