You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby MoFattal » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:24 am

Not really.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:14 am

MoFattal wrote:Not really.

Yeah, I didn't really think an EPL club can entice him.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:43 pm

He still got the moves :pep:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby tflags » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:06 pm

Pep raus! Pep raus! - The Schalke 0-4 game was the biggest away defeat Schalke vs Bayern in the history of the Bundesliga (44 games in total) Pep raus! Pep raus!

Anyhow, that should freeze the Pep-o-meter pendulum for the time being. At least until Wednesday that is.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:55 pm

I speak English very well and i must admit that Pep's English is pretty bad, so for any fluent German and English speakers is his German better than his English?

Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Borusse » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:35 pm

Nope, his German is way worse than his English.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Bazi » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Borusse wrote:Nope, his German is way worse than his English.

I actually think his German is at least as good as his English nowadays. Especially since German is more difficult in the details than English.
Bazi
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Borusse » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:53 pm

I read many opinions of journalists on twitter who were a little bit dissapointed with Guardiola's german because of the much hype there was about his skills in that language. Apparently he often makes mistakes, stops, changes langauge to english, stops again, changes to german, sometimes starts speaking spanish. His conferences are very chaotic sometimes, at least that's what Ive read.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Tedesco » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:55 pm

He's German is ok I guess (based on the time he has been learning)... I am living in Germany for a year and a half now and my German is at best a bit better than his.

When I listen to him, I can understand but the accent is very very strong.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:06 pm

As a fluent English speaker from what you guys have said it sounds like his German is about the same level as his English. His English has a pretty heavy accent is broken but i can clearly understand what he is saying....

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby runaway » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:28 pm

You trophy whore! :lol:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Badger » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:53 am

The official Bayern website ran a lengthy interview with Guardiola for their printed fan magazine, and they published snippets of it today on their website. I particularly liked the excerpt below because, while slightly authoritarian, it shows that Guardiola has broader plans for rotation than we’re seeing at the moment.

...die kommenden Wochen und Monate:
„Ich bin davon überzeugt, dass wir noch besser werden, wenn alle Spieler fit sind. Aber wir werden am Ende der Saison nur dann im Titel kämpfen, wenn jeder Spieler in diesem großartigen Kader meine Entscheidungen annimmt. Ansonsten bekommen wir Probleme. Ich bin ein großer Freund meiner Spieler, wenn sie akzeptieren, was ich sage. Wer meine Entscheidungen annimmt, den unterstütze ich - wer das aber nicht verstehen will, wird oft auf der Tribüne sitzen. Ich sage immer wieder: Wir brauchen jeden unserer Spieler. Und deswegen bin ich froh, wenn wieder alle dabei sind. Natürlich haben wir zuletzt sehr, sehr gut gespielt. Aber mit Blick auf die gesamte Saison ist es nicht gut, wenn zum Beispiel Franck Ribéry oder Philipp Lahm alle drei Tage 90 Minuten durchspielen. Und je mehr Spieler ich zur Verfügung habe, desto besser kann ich variieren.“

...the coming weeks and months:
“I am convinced that we will become even better when all the players are fit. But we will challenge for the title at the end of the season only if every player in this excellent squad embraces my decisions. Otherwise we will have problems. I am a great friend of my players, when they accept what I say. I support whoever embraces my decisions – but whoever doesn’t understand that will often sit on the terraces. I say again and again, ‘We need every one of our players’. And for that reason I’m happy, when they are all available. Of course we played very very well of late. But taking the whole season into consideration, it is not good when, for example, Franck Ribery of Philipp Lahm play the full 90 minutes every three days. And the more players I have at my disposal, the better I can vary things”

http://www.fcbayern.telekom.de/de/news/news/2013/pep-guardiola-im-interview-im-bayern-magazin-auszuege.php
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby tflags » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:30 pm

Bayern's official magazine also published an interview in which he confirms Lahm to return to his natural fullback position once things are normalized (injured players) and that he wants to stay in Munich for 'a long time.'

I think in due time all the over-hyped false striker crap will pave way to the true team transformations from whatever will be going on in those off-limits trainings to the emerging 'inside fullback' tactics.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:51 pm

What Pep saying is true he is the coach and he has been brought in here by KHR and Uli to do his job, any player who doesnt want to be part of the team effort shouldnt play in my opinion. The fact that Bayern are more of a team than other top teams in Europe makes them the best in the world....
…the city of Munich: “Munich is completely different compared to New York (laughs), but I think the city is not dissimilar to Barcelona. You don’t have the sea and the beach, but it’s a very beautiful city. The most important thing to me is always that my family feel comfortable, especially my children, and they’re coming home happy and satisfied from school every evening. My wife is very pleased with life here as well. So I’m hoping I’ll be working for Bayern for a long time yet, so I can get to know the city and the region even better.”

This is what I like to hear, tbh i know Pep will eventually want to leave and coach elsewhere probably the EPL but its good to hear he seems content on staying a very long time. He is a young coach he has probably 10 or 15 years left in him :mrgreen:

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:06 pm

As long as he wins trophies on a consistent basis, he will stay. When he feels that he can win more trophies elsewhere, he will leave. I guess he'll be having a similar scenario to his Barca days. My feeling is that he will stay for a couple of years beyond his contract.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion