You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:33 am

we had that of Thiago in the first half...
x2 by Lewa
and that of Mueller which scrapped the post
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:36 am

endrity wrote:70% possession and about 2 clear goalscoring chances.... :x

Well, in all fairness, I (and probably others) would have killed for that against Porto, Barca, Donezk, RM - and you can even strike that "clear" - would've made no difference back then... I'm not sure though whether it's actual improvement or just the risiculous defense of the opponent (only topped by our own, of course...)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:38 am

To me the Thiago one and the Lewa one in the end were about the only time we unlocked their defense.

The thing is we better get used to that type of defense. We can't use that argument forever, quality teams can sit back and defend much better than average teams. This is the type of denfense we need to overcome if we want to win the CL. And against that, I just see no improvements at all...
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby albanian7 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:40 am

endrity wrote:It's the same fragility over and over again in a big away CL match with him.

Maybe Martinez comes back and takes over for Alonso and Benatia gives us Alaba at LB and therefore it gives us more security at the back. But really it's the same problem again and again with him. The midfield just doesn't cover enough defensively and at times also doesn't push enough offensively to penetrate deep sitting teams. It's all very static despite the multiple passes. We beat Dortmund because of long balls, and some keeper mistakes from them, but if those long balls aren't working than against top teams we continue to have the same problem as always.

The key word
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MoFattal » Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:44 pm

#12 wrote:
endrity wrote:70% possession and about 2 clear goalscoring chances.... :x

Well, in all fairness, I (and probably others) would have killed for that against Porto, Barca, Donezk, RM - and you can even strike that "clear" - would've made no difference back then... I'm not sure though whether it's actual improvement or just the risiculous defense of the opponent (only topped by our own, of course...)

If one of those two clear chances was scored, we would be currently discussing a spanking of Arsenal. This is football. Sometimes you are just unlucky. The system was not flawed. It was just not our day. I agree that this game was very well different from the one against Barca and Madrid the previous years. I do not agree, though, that the opponent had a ridiculous defense. They had an outstanding defensive performance last night.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:14 pm

I was referring to their overall Defense in general... They were well organized yesterday, but well beatable still...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:39 pm

We only created 2-3clear opportunities all game, which is abysmal. Sure, if one goes in than the game takes a different turn. But nonetheless it is a recurring problem that we look quite toothles once other relatively big teams decide to sit back and defend. And it's true, Arsenal is not a super duper defensive team. I imagine teams like Juventus, Chelsea, Atletico, but even Real or Barca, can put out defenses that are filled with much better athletes and footballers. So it is quite disappointing that in that regard, we seem to have made little to no progress.

By and large this is a repeat of previous European defeats to me. We hold the ball but do nothing with it, there are some neat interchanges in the middle of the field but nothing dangerous in the box, while the other team has vast amounts of space to attack us which we don't seem to neutralize well at all. Our defenders initially do a good job of defending while being exposed to one-on-one duels throughout but eventually they tire out which inevitably leads to mistakes, open spaces and goals.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB general » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:42 pm

These last few days have shown that 2-year-contract extension with a set deadline till 31st December 2015 has no alternative.
Everybody at Bayern need to push this hard and that's the only way how we are going to keep peace inside of the club and inside of the locker room.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:12 pm

Was it Pep who wanted to buy Douglas Costa and Coman? If so, then that's another huge point in his favour

Some people is going nuts because we didn't splashed 75M for De Bruyne, but we signed Costa, Coman and Vidal for the same price. =P~
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:23 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Was it Pep who wanted to buy Douglas Costa and Coman? If so, then that's another huge point in his favour

Some people is going nuts because we didn't splashed 75M for De Bruyne, but we signed Costa, Coman and Vidal for the same price. =P~

Douglas Costa was suggested by Elber, Coman was Reschke's... and Pep was the one to approve.
There are different people that work behind the scene and get less credit than deserved.
I'd have spent that 75M on De Bruyne anyway... There was a rumor that we came to a deal with Wolfsburg and De Bruyne but the deal fell off because Goetze was part of the deal and he refused to move there.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:27 pm

De Bruyne is good, but not that good. Preferring him to Costa+Coman+Vidal is illogical.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Who said we couldn't have had all 4... especially if one of our current players was to leave.
And I don't agree on statements such as 'he isn't that good'.
We'd have kept KDB and Goetze both in BuLi that way but i'm afraid that Goetze doesn't take in consideration a transfer to clubs like Wolfsburg anymore.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:20 pm

Say what now?

Is it our job to keep players in BuLi? Götze is damn right not to move to Wolfsburg! Not only does he have a binding contract, swirling around players like some sort of old dust is not exactly how we usually did and should handle stuff like this!
Also, Götze did very well the first few games and statistically is on par while still a year younger than de Bruyne and not costing us a single penny... I'm shocked somehow how easily some people dispose of players that identify with the club 100% and give their all, even though they somehow go missing from time to time (at age 22/23 ans STILL performing in a decent way...)in a world class selection of players... **** Kevin de Bruyne! The guy is a jerk! He played for Chel$ea, he played for Wolfsburg, he plays for Shitty - I don't even want to see **** mercs like him here, despite his talent which IMHO still is far beyond Götzes...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby JANCKER » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:23 pm

You're calling KDB a merc? You don't want to attack another player on that ground when you're defending Goetze aka Judas. :lol:

#12 wrote:Also, Götze did very well the first few games and statistically is on par while still a year younger than de Bruyne and not costing us a single penny...

I think he costed us around 35M FYI... ruined the wage structures of the club btw.

#12 wrote: I'm shocked somehow how easily some people dispose of players that identify with the club 100%

How do we identify with him, please tell me... he's been here for 2 years or smth and he's been shit most of the time, he's one of the last that I would identify with.

Check out last years stats in all European leagues and find out who has created the most...
Last edited by JANCKER on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:35 pm

You mean the guy who was born in Bavaria and then had to move to NRW with his family, but has been a Bayern fan ever since? ;)

KdB is - apart from Götze - one of the biggest mercs out there... Renewing long-term (4 1/2 years!) 8 months before leaving - I see this as unprecedented in Bundesliga, with the exception of a certain Hakan Clahanoglu - and I wouldn't want him either... ;)

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion