You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Silas » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:33 pm

"There are many pro-Bayern arguments on the table, but probably there are other good-looking brides [elsewhere] as well," Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is quoted as saying by Sky Deutschland. "We are quite optimistic that at the end of the day he'll stay in Munich."

Rummenigge said that talks between the club and Guardiola will take place "before the end of the year," while insisting that he is not aware of potential competitors for the Catalan's signature.

"I am not interested in that," he added. "We've got a season to play, and like I've said, I am optimistic . I don't think finances will play a role."
Silas
Hey, I'm new here!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:16 pm

Pep's creativity at Bayern is reaching new heights every season. He is getting great results, breaking records, and getting the full backing of the management and (it seems) players. He knows that more can still be achieved with the bunch of players at his disposal. Other teams (e.g. City) can offer very good names for him, but can never guarantee the type of commitment and professionalism available in institutions like Bayern or Barca. For that, I'm also optimistic he'll stay for a few more years.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby nm462272 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:36 pm

MoFattal wrote:Pep's creativity at Bayern is reaching new heights every season. He is getting great results, breaking records, and getting the full backing of the management and (it seems) players. He knows that more can still be achieved with the bunch of players at his disposal. Other teams (e.g. City) can offer very good names for him, but can never guarantee the type of commitment and professionalism available in institutions like Bayern or Barca. For that, I'm also optimistic he'll stay for a few more years.

Well said... I really hope he notices all of the positives he has here in Munich that he won't find elsewhere, no matter how much money they throw at him.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby theundead » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:00 pm

MoFattal wrote:Pep's creativity at Bayern is reaching new heights every season. He is getting great results, breaking records, and getting the full backing of the management and (it seems) players. He knows that more can still be achieved with the bunch of players at his disposal. Other teams (e.g. City) can offer very good names for him, but can never guarantee the type of commitment and professionalism available in institutions like Bayern or Barca. For that, I'm also optimistic he'll stay for a few more years.

Agreed. Adding to that, Pep should see Bayern as a very very interesting project for him. He is given the task to reinvigorate the first German treble winners and prepare them for life after Robbery ie Costa/Coman/Somebody else. We have a good youth academy producing technical midfield players and we are even investing in a larger youth traning complex.

I think that pep wants to extend just for a year and does not want to sign a long term extension. The board would want him to stay for 3-4 more years but we know from Pep,s barcelona time that he doesnt like contracts like that. The board might not want to extend his contract if the extension is not for more than 1 or 2 years which is very logical because teams need stability and certainty. We cant have a media circus every 6 months or so.

City extended Pellegrini's contract in the summer. I am not sure if they want to part with him just now. If Pep had told his friend at city that he wants to leave bayern for city, there would be no point in extending Pellegrini's contract.

So for me, the disagreement between Pep and Bayern is over the length of the contract. And as much as I would like Pep to extend, I am with Bayern if he insists on only 1 year extensions.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:19 pm

Well, the point of extending Pellegrini is for the media, fans, etc. to stay calm...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby albanian7 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:34 pm

theundead wrote:

Agreed. Adding to that, Pep should see Bayern as a very very interesting project for him. He is given the task to reinvigorate the first German treble winners and prepare them for life after Robbery ie Costa/Coman/Somebody else. We have a good youth academy producing technical midfield players and we are even investing in a larger youth traning complex.

I think that pep wants to extend just for a year and does not want to sign a long term extension. The board would want him to stay for 3-4 more years but we know from Pep,s barcelona time that he doesnt like contracts like that. The board might not want to extend his contract if the extension is not for more than 1 or 2 years which is very logical because teams need stability and certainty. We cant have a media circus every 6 months or so.

City extended Pellegrini's contract in the summer. I am not sure if they want to part with him just now. If Pep had told his friend at city that he wants to leave bayern for city, there would be no point in extending Pellegrini's contract.

So for me, the disagreement between Pep and Bayern is over the length of the contract. And as much as I would like Pep to extend, I am with Bayern if he insists on only 1 year extensions.

Yes, there is a point. It's exactly what you mention in the rest of your comment - his contract was extended to give some air, to shrug off the media circus, to create a bubble around the team so the players can fully concentrate and perform better. There may be a gentleman agreement that the club and Pelle can part ways at the end of the season, with Pelle getting the 5 million Euros as gets as annual salary as compensation. 5 million Euros is a small price to pay for a good season
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby JJJ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:58 pm

Let's continue... :mrgreen: Pep out! Bring back Heynckes! :lol:
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby JANCKER » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:02 pm

Be sure that we need to improve a lot if we want the CL, Barca or RM will kill us again if we don't.
Take a deep breath and repeat after me… GOOS-FRA-BA... GOOSFRABA...
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby #12 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:08 pm

I see no improvement on highest level honestly... Defense is shit as walways, we could've easily conceded 5 or 6... We had few shots (at least we had some) - but I honestly don't kno whether it's a slight improvement or just because Arsenal's defense is equally crappy...
It thought he started to get the hang of it but I seem to have been wrong... How can anyone not see that Bernat was the biggest pile of shit in recent history?!
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby albanian7 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:32 pm

JJJ wrote:Let's continue... :mrgreen: Pep out! Bring back Heynckes! :lol:

Did we look toothless, naive and defensively confused in a CL match away? Yes we did

Has that happened in the past? Yes it has - Real, Barca, Porto

Did Jupp make a huge tactical mistake against Arsenal too? Yes he did

Did Jupp acknowledge the deficiency and worked on it and thrashed Juve + Barça then? Yes he did

Will Pep acknowledge a deficiency that was present in the past two seasons too? I guess you want to wait and see
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

Postby nm462272 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:33 pm

who would have guessed that Albanian would show up ;)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby SchwanMunich » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:58 am

albanian7 wrote:
JJJ wrote:Let's continue... :mrgreen: Pep out! Bring back Heynckes! :lol:

Did we look toothless, naive and defensively confused in a CL match away? Yes we did

Has that happened in the past? Yes it has - Real, Barca, Porto

Did Jupp make a huge tactical mistake against Arsenal too? Yes he did

Did Jupp acknowledge the deficiency and worked on it and thrashed Juve + Barça then? Yes he did

Will Pep acknowledge a deficiency that was present in the past two seasons too? I guess you want to wait and see

We had lots of injuries last year. I would exclude that year. We do need to pick up our performances though and honestly I'm not convinced this style of play will work against very good competition.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby endrity » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:04 am

It's the same fragility over and over again in a big away CL match with him.

Maybe Martinez comes back and takes over for Alonso and Benatia gives us Alaba at LB and therefore it gives us more security at the back. But really it's the same problem again and again with him. The midfield just doesn't cover enough defensively and at times also doesn't push enough offensively to penetrate deep sitting teams. It's all very static despite the multiple passes. We beat Dortmund because of long balls, and some keeper mistakes from them, but if those long balls aren't working than against top teams we continue to have the same problem as always.
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Korab » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:11 am

Bayern at Arsenal. 70% possession, ha, ha. Blue - successful passes.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby endrity » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:26 am

70% possession and about 2 clear goalscoring chances.... :x
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion