You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby FootballFan » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:20 pm

FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:20 pm

Ottmar Hitzfeld, dithyrambic on Guardiola, as he wants the catalan to stay.

http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bund ... folgs.html
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Badger » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:42 pm

ottackon wrote:Ottmar Hitzfeld, dithyrambic on Guardiola, as he wants the catalan to stay.

Excerpt:
Für den ehemaligen Schweizer Nationaltrainer ist der katalanische Coach der Hauptgrund des aktuellen Höhenfluges des FC Bayern. "Er ist der Baumeister, der Architekt des Erfolgs. Er hat dem Team sein Konzept vermittelt. Dass Bayern so dominant auftritt wie im Moment hat nichts mit Investitionen zu tun, sonst müssten die englischen Teams auch besser in der Champions League auftreten. Das hat viel mit Guardiola zu tun und wie er über Dominanz, Spielsystem und Schnelligkeit denkt. Da steckt viel akribische Arbeit dahinter und das ist das Werk von Guardiola.

Rough Translation:
For the former Swiss national team trainer, the Catalan coach is the main reason for FC Bayern’s current form. “He is the master builder, the architect of the success. He has delivered his concept to the team. Bayern’s appearing so dominant at present is not related to any investments – otherwise English teams would perform much better in the Champions League. It has a lot to do with Guardiola and how he thinks about dominance, tactics and tempo. There is a lot of meticulous work behind it, and that is the work of Guardiola.”
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FootballFan » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:55 pm

He's correct, as well as good signing and Pep learned from his first season and has adapted to the team as he said he would as I said if it wasn't for the injuries last season that would've been their second treble.

At the same time credit to the board for showing faith in him, as well as helping form the current team and bring in the right players to replace some of the older players.
FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:12 pm

Badger wrote:
ottackon wrote:Ottmar Hitzfeld, dithyrambic on Guardiola, as he wants the catalan to stay.

Excerpt:
Für den ehemaligen Schweizer Nationaltrainer ist der katalanische Coach der Hauptgrund des aktuellen Höhenfluges des FC Bayern. "Er ist der Baumeister, der Architekt des Erfolgs. Er hat dem Team sein Konzept vermittelt. Dass Bayern so dominant auftritt wie im Moment hat nichts mit Investitionen zu tun, sonst müssten die englischen Teams auch besser in der Champions League auftreten. Das hat viel mit Guardiola zu tun und wie er über Dominanz, Spielsystem und Schnelligkeit denkt. Da steckt viel akribische Arbeit dahinter und das ist das Werk von Guardiola.

Rough Translation:
For the former Swiss national team trainer, the Catalan coach is the main reason for FC Bayern’s current form. “He is the master builder, the architect of the success. He has delivered his concept to the team. Bayern’s appearing so dominant at present is not related to any investments – otherwise English teams would perform much better in the Champions League. It has a lot to do with Guardiola and how he thinks about dominance, tactics and tempo. There is a lot of meticulous work behind it, and that is the work of Guardiola.”

Der General hat gesprochen! Pep muss bleiben! Time to fall back in line, puny Peprausers, and pray for Pep's renewal :D (JK... Don't be offended).
PunkCapitalist

Postby pyrasur » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:32 pm

Mad props to Ottackon who once again has enlightened me not only with football knowledge, but also with language. Truly, his didactic virtue is one I aspire to emulate.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ottackon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Well, thanks for your compliments pyrasur, it's heartwarming :)
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:34 pm

Get a room! :P :D
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:05 am

Pep has his official twitter account now!

Can't see tweet? Click here!
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:18 pm

What is this? Guardiola and the coaches by his side? Why? Well, if it makes them happy... Hope this isn't some sort of estrangement from the club though...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:06 pm

I think if someone wanted to "overthink" this, one could ask why Pep posts in Spanish and English, but not in German ;)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:14 pm

As RedQueen noticed, his German falls below acceptable standards.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby nm462272 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:17 pm

I noticed that as well, but he's not the one maintaining his Twitter page (obviously). In any case, I don't read anything into it, but it could be more ammo for the pep-haters.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:57 pm

Nah I didn't want to read anything into it, that was just a remark on the side... But that blue check mark means it's an official account doesn't it?

Now I know he's not maintaining that himself but he's gotta have at least approved it right? Seeing as Bayern give more than enough updates on training sessions and so on it was just a thought that crossed my mind...

About the German: I think it was on a very good base when he came here, but it somehow declined since IMHO, when it actually should have gotten better... Maybe having too much contact with Spanish native speakers is throwing him back...

I barely dare say it because you will find a way to throw it back at me, but I actually had a conversation with a friend about a half a year ago or so where we saw some footage and thought maybe sometimes the players didn't understand him properly... But I think we would see hints of that in interviews and stuff...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:14 pm

#12 wrote:Nah I didn't want to read anything into it, that was just a remark on the side... But that blue check mark means it's an official account doesn't it?

Now I know he's not maintaining that himself but he's gotta have at least approved it right? Seeing as Bayern give more than enough updates on training sessions and so on it was just a thought that crossed my mind...

About the German: I think it was on a very good base when he came here, but it somehow declined since IMHO, when it actually should have gotten better... Maybe having too much contact with Spanish native speakers is throwing him back...

I barely dare say it because you will find a way to throw it back at me, but I actually had a conversation with a friend about a half a year ago or so where we saw some footage and thought maybe sometimes the players didn't understand him properly... But I think we would see hints of that in interviews and stuff...

No worries, I wasn't responding to you anyways.

I can envision scenarios where the players don't understand him. I think it's commendable that he's learned German specifically for the job, but you're right - it's stagnated big time.

nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion