You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola

Postby Firefox1234 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 4:07 pm

Good post but move it to Pep discussion page:http://www.bayernforum.com/personnel-f8/pep-guardiola-t10274.html

I can tell your new but next time just look around for a thread thats already been started before making a new one their is a good chance its already their :mrgreen:
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:24 am

What most people fail to understand is that probably we would be getting similar results even if Jupp had stayed. Some of us were already saying it before we won the treble. It's next to impossible that we will ever see such a season again. Even if we do win the treble again, the quality of football we played last season, the perfect balance in the squad.... no team that has ever won the treble before has won it in such a dominating way as Bayern did, and I doubt anyone will ever do it again.

Every year we have a part of the season where we struggle to score, play bad and drop points. In all the years I have been following Bayern the only time we didn't was last season. The closest we got to that was early 2013 when we lost against Arsenal, but that didn't matter anyway. This season it appears to have come early, but the fact is we have 10 out of a possible 12 points. We can do better, but we're doing well, and things will improve.

I will only be genuinely worried if tonight's result is similar to the domestic Super Cup.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MoFattal » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:34 pm

Even last year we had a couple of those "low-quality" games. What's happening is perfectly normal, and I even expect us to reach the similar heights to those of last year.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:47 am

Pep, what are you doing there? :P

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:52 pm

After watching the Bavarians make an impressive start to the defence of their European crown, the Catalan coach that he deserved no credit for the performance

Pep Guardiola was quick to deflect all of the praise onto his players after Bayern Munich’s 3-0 win over CSKA Moscow in their Champions League clash on Tuesday.

Goals from David Alaba, Mario Mandzukic and Arjen Robben did the damage at the Allianz Arena, and their Catalan trainer felt that it was the team, and not the coach, that deserved the credit for an impressive performance.

“The style we play is Bayern’s style, not mine. I’m here to support my new players and I’m very proud of them today,” Guardiola told reporters after the one-sided Group D encounter.

Bayern are aiming to be the first team in Champions League history to win the competition in two consecutive seasons, but Guardiola stressed that retaining the title is an onerous task right from the off.

“The first game after winning the Champions League is never easy. Everyone always thinks it’s easy, but it’s not,” he insisted.

“But I’m very satisfied with the performance, especially our first-half display, which was very pleasing.”

Bayern’s performances this season have come in for criticism from some quarters, as club director Matthias Sammer hit out at the players’ lack of effort, though his comments were not taken to heart by Guardiola and president Uli Hoeness.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1716/champions-league/2013/09/17/4269695/guardiola-this-is-bayerns-style-of-play-not-mine?ICID=HP_BN_1

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:47 am

:|

MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:22 pm

MoFattal wrote::|

Now he's REALLY teaching our players to play like Barcelona!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Coke anyone? :pep:
The Argentine star "humiliated" the former Barca boss in front of the whole squad, according to ex-New York Red Bulls coach Hans Backe

Lionel Messi deliberately went against the orders of his former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola, according to ex-New York Red Bulls boss Hans Backe.

The 61-year-old has never previously had any direct association with Barca, but his tenure in charge of the Red Bulls coincided with the stays of Thierry Henry and Rafael Marquez, both of whom were Blaugrana players when the alleged incident occurred.

Backe told Sweden's TV4 that Messi intentionally disobeyed instructions from Guardiola in front of the entire Barcelona squad before a game in 2009, though, he refused to reveal his source.

"It was three hours before the game when all the players were sitting and eating, and Messi said he wanted a can of coke," he said.

"Guardiola replied that no player should drink cola three hours before a game.

"So Messi got up and left, returned a few minutes later with a can of cola and drank it right in front of Guardiola and the rest of the team.

"Imagine what would have happened when a player with the profile of Messi goes against the coach in this way?

"It was a war Guardiola could not win; it was impossible."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/09/24/4285852/messi-defied-guardiola-in-front-of-barcelona-team-mates?ICID=HP_BN_1

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby SouthernStar » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:34 am

Yeah, I can see how that is already wrong... Messi has a sponsorship deal with Pepsi. How dare he drinks coke? :mrgreen:

Anyway, I thought he was close to a lot of his Barca boys? How was his relationship with his Barca players?

At least Ribery seems to really like him ;)
SouthernStar
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:53 am

The Spaniard has lauded his keeper, while revealing Mario Gotze could start against Hannover and Philipp Lahm could stay in midfield

Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has branded Manuel Neuer one of the "best ever" goalkeepers.

The former Barcelona head coach joined the treble-winning Bavarians this summer and has started to form a core of players who look set to be key during his reign.

He has been extremely impressed with the quality of the Germany international shot-stopper in particular, while he also hinted that Philipp Lahm's move into midfield could become a permanent fixture, even once injured players return.

"Neuer is one of the best [goalkeepers] ever and one of the best in the world," Guardiola, 42, told reporters on Tuesday.

"Lahm plays unbelievable in midfield. He could play there even once everybody is fit."

Bayern face Hannover in the DFB-Pokal second round on Wednesday and, as well as revealing that Mario Gotze could return to the first team, Guardiola insisted that his side will approach the tie as a final despite being less glamorous than the Champions League or the Bundesliga.

"Gotze will make the squad," he added. "He just needs some time and has to develop."

"We are ready for this 'final'. In Germany, contrary to Spain, every match in this competition is a final. Bayern have been in the [real] final for the last two years and we want to go there again. I want to experience that feeling.

"The DFB-Pokal is a little less important than the Bundesliga and Champions League. But I expect the same hunger as against Schalke [in the league], CSKA Moscow [in the CL] or Chelsea [who they beat in the Uefa Super Cup]."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/15/germany/2013/09/24/4286823/guardiola-neuer-one-of-best-ever-goalkeepers?ICID=HP_BN_5

Firefox1234

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby MoFattal » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:45 am

I don't want Lahm to play DM :( Rafihna is a very good player, but Lahm gives the RB position an extra dimension. Plus, the RB position will be given the task of stopping the likes of Ronaldo, Reus, Neymar, etc. later on in the season, and no one can do that better than Lahm.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AdepT » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:28 am

MoFattal wrote:I don't want Lahm to play DM :( Rafihna is a very good player, but Lahm gives the RB position an extra dimension. Plus, the RB position will be given the task of stopping the likes of Ronaldo, Reus, Neymar, etc. later on in the season, and no one can do that better than Lahm.

He's just saying it. Schweini will be there this Sat. And maybe later Marti.

I just fear for the future of Shaqiri. He's had fair game time till now. I hope he gets enough to want to stay here.
I don't want him to leave us like Thiago left Barca.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Bazi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:03 pm

Xherdan Shaqiri was kind of underwhelming until now though. I had hoped for some development by now but he's still got his same old issues. Not so sure about his future.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Badger » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:14 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Coke anyone? :pep:
The Argentine star "humiliated" the former Barca boss in front of the whole squad, according to ex-New York Red Bulls coach Hans Backe

Lionel Messi deliberately went against the orders of his former Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola, according to ex-New York Red Bulls boss Hans Backe.

The 61-year-old has never previously had any direct association with Barca, but his tenure in charge of the Red Bulls coincided with the stays of Thierry Henry and Rafael Marquez, both of whom were Blaugrana players when the alleged incident occurred.

Backe told Sweden's TV4 that Messi intentionally disobeyed instructions from Guardiola in front of the entire Barcelona squad before a game in 2009, though, he refused to reveal his source.

"It was three hours before the game when all the players were sitting and eating, and Messi said he wanted a can of coke," he said.

"Guardiola replied that no player should drink cola three hours before a game.

"So Messi got up and left, returned a few minutes later with a can of cola and drank it right in front of Guardiola and the rest of the team.

"Imagine what would have happened when a player with the profile of Messi goes against the coach in this way?

"It was a war Guardiola could not win; it was impossible."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/09/24/4285852/messi-defied-guardiola-in-front-of-barcelona-team-mates?ICID=HP_BN_1

Goal.com? That coke incident isn’t necessarily untrue, but I don’t regard it as representative of Guardiola’s relationship with Messi.

I am about two thirds of the way through Guillem Balague’s latest biography of Pep Guardiola. I’d strongly recommend the book. It gives extensive insights into numerous things about the man, especially his lifelong obsession with football tactics and his reasons for leaving Barcelona. Unless it is contradicted in the last third of the book, which I’m about to read, it would seem as if Messi was one of the major reasons for Guardiola’s departure. Their relationship was good, but Guardiola eventually came to doubt the wisdom of building a team around a star (even if that star is Messi), and he felt that the best was in the past. That perhaps explains the attraction of Bayern, which doesn’t really have any star that the team is built around, but has a top quality squad, and it would also explain Guardiola’s recent declaration that Messi would never be signed by Bayern.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby runaway » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:11 pm

Ah wow, that's interesting. I'll check it out.

Were any of you surprised that Guardiola picked Bayern as his next team before?
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion