You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ottackon » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:16 pm

Bayern during the season's first half under Guardiola in the Bunesliga : 39 Games, 34 wins, 5 draws.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby nm462272 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:19 pm

ottackon wrote:Bayern during the season's first half under Guardiola in the Bunesliga : 39 Games, 34 wins, 5 draws.

Overrated :coffee:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:22 pm

ottackon wrote:Bayern during the season's first half under Guardiola in the Bunesliga : 39 Games, 34 wins, 5 draws.

Thanks! People forget incredibly easily that all our losses last season were in the second half (and the league was pretty much in our pockets)... Hopefully this season BVB will put more pressure on us to perform.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Fernando_Bayern_BR » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:57 pm

I just hope he can keep it up on the second half of the season this time...
Ich geb mein Herz für dich... Für Bayern lebe ich... Ich lass dich nie im Stich !
Fernando_Bayern_BR
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby endrity » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:51 pm

A few points after today's game.

First of all, we can still play 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 and be quite brilliant at it. Pep's got his preferred 4-3-3 but there is no reason why he can't adopt at times as well.

A few more points about players and positions that I don't really agree with:
- Gotze is not playing in his preferred #10 under Pep, it's either false 9 or on the wing. The middle was reserved for Muller and Lewa.
- Javi is seen as a CB by Pep, not a DM, not a sweeper in a 3-4-3, but a CB.
- Alonso is his starter, no ifs and buts. It doesn't matter whether it's 4-3-3 or whether we have other players, Pep will live and die by Alonso here. I just hope that he can at least manage his minutes. I think this is a calamity waiting to happen, but it's pointless complaining about it.

A few more things:
- Vidal is brilliant and will be a big bonus as the season goes on.
- Lahm is still world class at RB. He lost two seasons trying to adjust to a midfielder, at RB he is simply awesome.
- So great to see Javi back, no matter if he plays in midfield or not, it's great to see him out there again.
- Gotze was very good, he's got to build from this. Douglas Costa confirms his great start to the season.

p.s I am a bit worried about Alaba. He doesn't seem to have as much of a cutting edge this season. Maybe it's the constant shifting around which has made him lose a bit focus tactically. In the worst case, he might have lost some of his uber-athleticism due to two surgeries last year. But for some reason, I don't see him flying around as used to. Hopefully I am totally wrong about this.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby sherpthederp » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:59 pm

endrity wrote:A few points after today's game.

First of all, we can still play 4-2-3-1/4-4-2 and be quite brilliant at it. Pep's got his preferred 4-3-3 but there is no reason why he can't adopt at times as well.

A few more points about players and positions that I don't really agree with:
- Gotze is not playing in his preferred #10 under Pep, it's either false 9 or on the wing. The middle was reserved for Muller and Lewa.
- Javi is seen as a CB by Pep, not a DM, not a sweeper in a 3-4-3, but a CB.
- Alonso is his starter, no ifs and buts. It doesn't matter whether it's 4-3-3 or whether we have other players, Pep will live and die by Alonso here. I just hope that he can at least manage his minutes. I think this is a calamity waiting to happen, but it's pointless complaining about it.

A few more things:
- Vidal is brilliant and will be a big bonus as the season goes on.
- Lahm is still world class at RB. He lost two seasons trying to adjust to a midfielder, at RB he is simply awesome.
- So great to see Javi back, no matter if he plays in midfield or not, it's great to see him out there again.
- Gotze was very good, he's got to build from this. Douglas Costa confirms his great start to the season.

p.s I am a bit worried about Alaba. He doesn't seem to have as much of a cutting edge this season. Maybe it's the constant shifting around which has made him lose a bit focus tactically. In the worst case, he might have lost some of his uber-athleticism due to two surgeries last year. But for some reason, I don't see him flying around as used to. Hopefully I am totally wrong about this.

I think the reason Alaba hasn't been shining this season is because of his stop loss use as a LCB in a centerback pairing where he has more responsibility to stay back and hold his line with Boateng instead of LB or LCB/Libero in a 3 man back line where he has the positional freedom to roam forward and wreak havoc through the center like he did so often last season.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby SchwanMunich » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:05 pm

1st season - out in champs league badly....but it was 1st season and we were implementing a new system and style of play.
2nd season - out in champs league badly....but we had TONS of big injuries, almost the whole 1st team out including star players.
3rd season - hope we can stay healthy I can't wait to see our best team against the best (madrid, barca, etc) as we've had plenty of time to get the system and style of play down and it's showing.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FootballFan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:15 pm

1st season had a lot of things going on not just new system and the coach, team trying to understand each other, but Pep also lost his friend Tito days before the meeting.

2nd season wasn't as bad as people make it out to be, man players just returning from injuries plus 4-5 starters out losing 5-3 over two legs against a team that one a treble with every start available, not to mention if Bayern were a bit more clinical at home and not for MAtS, Bayern could've possible gotten by.

As far as this season goes, as long as the squad is fully healthy don't see many standing a chance, tho Bayern desperately need their CB back and it wouldn't hurt to have Robbery back.
FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:56 am

Fernando_Bayern_BR wrote:I just hope he can keep it up on the second half of the season this time...

Well, if he manages to carry that streak till Christmas again it will be a great first step...

As for the "seasons" discussion: I think we played best under Guardiola in his first season here - until he said that Bundesliga was won - that'S where it went down the drain - and we never reached those levels of perfection again... Don't know how big Heynckes' influence still was back then, but I don't think it's just that...

FootballFan wrote:As far as this season goes, as long as the squad is fully healthy don't see many standing a chance, tho Bayern desperately need their CB back and it wouldn't hurt to have Robbery back.

I think we will struggle with Dortmund badly...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FootballFan » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:09 pm

Dortmund will give us a lot of issues no doubt especially having one CB and the goal spree their on, we may concede 2-3 goals guaranteed unless we step up defensively. I hope this game gives us some motivation heading into it, all tho I do hope that we stay neck and neck with Dortmund would be good, as will need to stay on top of our game even after the winter break.
FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:11 pm

FootballFan wrote:Dortmund will give us a lot of issues no doubt especially having one CB and the goal spree their on, we may concede 2-3 goals guaranteed unless we step up defensively. I hope this game gives us some motivation heading into it, all tho I do hope that we stay neck and neck with Dortmund would be good, as will need to stay on top of our game even after the winter break.

maybe we line up with Boa and Martinez at central defence or maybe Benatia will be back.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:17 pm

Probably too early for both of them... :( :(

I think Benatia would be an ideal fit for that game...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

National Flag:
Germany

Postby endrity » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Javi seemed fully recovered last night. The thing is that he's never been a very good CB in my book, even pre-injury. As the sweeper between two other CBs, as he played in the Cup Final he might be great, though we haven't seen him there often. So I don't know how safe it might be to play him there against BVB.
endrity
I post all the time

Postby Fernando_Bayern_BR » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:57 pm

endrity wrote:Javi seemed fully recovered last night. The thing is that he's never been a very good CB in my book, even pre-injury. As the sweeper between two other CBs, as he played in the Cup Final he might be great, though we haven't seen him there often. So I don't know how safe it might be to play him there against BVB.

Would you rather have Bernat or Rafinha start over Javi against BvB ?!

Yeah, Javi it is...
Ich geb mein Herz für dich... Für Bayern lebe ich... Ich lass dich nie im Stich !
Fernando_Bayern_BR
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby endrity » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:24 pm

Fernando_Bayern_BR wrote:
endrity wrote:Javi seemed fully recovered last night. The thing is that he's never been a very good CB in my book, even pre-injury. As the sweeper between two other CBs, as he played in the Cup Final he might be great, though we haven't seen him there often. So I don't know how safe it might be to play him there against BVB.

Would you rather have Bernat or Rafinha start over Javi against BvB ?!

Yeah, Javi it is...

I'd have Alaba at CB and Bernat at FB.
endrity
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion