You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:27 pm

albanian7 wrote:He is asking whether fans are happy with the coach

Chelsea fans want to sack Jose? Wot? From all my Chelsea-fan-friends, none of them wants Jose out. They actually fear that RA will sack him

Depth is not Enrique's fault since they're under a ban - there's no reason for the fans to be unhappy with the manager

City looks happy with Pellegrini and Utd fans realize that they need someone like LvG to build a solid foundation

Arsenal are used with Wenger and they know he'll stay anyway

Real is still in honeymoon mood, but the fans were disappointed when Ancelotti was sacked remember? And that was after a trophyless season ...

Blanc looks fine at PSG, he has built a good team and they're doing well

I really don't get your point, I can't think of another club where fans are as divided about the coach as we are

Not that it's a surprise, we've been divided about coaches in the past too. We were united only when it came to Klinsman, and that was because we all wanted him out

Yeah same with the Chelsea fans I know. They love Mourinho more than they love winning.

City and Arsenal fans I do believe are discontent. I think City fans realized Pellegrini is not good enough for Europe and Arsenal fans must be pissed off with the complete lack of summer buys.
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FootballFan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:20 pm

Not everyone in Barcelona are happy with Enrique. Juve fans are already scared Allegri may make them into the Mlan team he had already lost 3 starters and Pogba will be gone soon also :lol:
FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby prasun77 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:17 pm

I really don't get your point, I can't think of another club where fans are as divided about the coach as we are

Not that it's a surprise, we've been divided about coaches in the past too. We were united only when it came to Klinsman, and that was because we all wanted him out

Chelsea-yes they are happy but wait some more time..And they shouldn't be happy TBH. I wouldn't happy with Mou in his current situation.

City-are DEFINITELY not happy with Pellegrini because of his constant UCL failure.

Arsenal-just type in twitter #wengerstays..you will get no results found
Real-were unhappy after Carlo was sacked.They KNOW Benitez isn't an upgrade over Carlo.

About Blanc-
see this tweet.Exactly my point.I assume you will show some rationality and understand that he Can't be the only one.Coz 90% of users here wouldn't be satisfied with blanc.And I assure you PSG have as high ambitions as bayern.Whether those are justified is another debate.
Can't see tweet? Click here!

I would take the argument a bit ahead..
I guess it is arguable whether there are more #LVGout people or more #Wengerout people.Which says a lot about Lvg's popularity with fans.
Dude Lvg's records are compared every alternate day with moyes. Now don't go ahead and say people were satisfied with moyes.

Juventus-Haven't won a league game.Did you read it?Haven't won a league game.
here if pep loses 2 back to back games do you remember how berserk fans went though they were inconsequential.You still think juve fans would be happy?are juve a mid table club?

dude even Rudi garcia was under pressure last year.Even though in my opinion Roma are punching above their weight.

Di Matteo was sacked last year remember?did schalke perform horribly by their standards?

now I would make my point clear to you.
NO top club(ok,except dortmund and perhaps the other 2 german CL teams) is satisfied with their manager.If we want a manager with
only 6 losses in games which mattered to be sacked then you understand how the situation is.
The case with Atletico is that they are punching waaay above their weight and all credit to Simeone.Marvellous.
About the 2 German teams well..they would be more than happy to reach UCL quarter finals.

You tell Pep is tactically stubborn. Ok i agree,but then why do you want klopp?

You think pep can't win you the UCL but favre,weinzeirl and schmidt?(of course they can,if di matteo can..anyone can .. but do they have a higher chance than pep?)

Yes Ancelotti is an upgrade over pep available,in my opinion,but you want to build a dynasty with a 70+ year old?

I didn't like pep earlier but now when I see Barcelona losing to Bilbao,Juventus losing to Chievo,Chelsea conceding 4-5 goals to weak teams I understand we have been taking these routine weekly league points for granted whereas they are not.We have taken topping the UCL group for granted but its not.

People from other club would be delighted with pep.But do we want any of LVG,Wenger,Allegri hell yeah 70% of Bayerforum users I bet don't want Enrique.

Dude nothing against you.Seriously.
Be happy and trust pep.At least for this season and hope for no injuries then we will see.
Last edited by prasun77 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:30 pm

prasun77 wrote:

Chelsea-yes they are happy but wait some more time..And they shouldn't be happy TBH. I wouldn't happy with Mou in his current situation.

City-are DEFINITELY not happy with Pellegrini because of his constant UCL failure.

Real-were unhappy after Carlo was sacked.They KNOW Benitez isn't an upgrade over Carlo.

About Blanc-
see this tweet.Exactly my point.I assume you will show some rationality and understand that he Can't be the only one.Coz 90% of users here wouldn't be satisfied with blanc.And I assure you PSG have as high ambitions as bayern.Whether those are justified is another debate.

I guess it is arguable whether there are more #LVGout people or more #Wengerout people.Which says a lot about Lvg's popularity with fans.
Dude Lvg's records are compared every alternate day with moyes. Now don't go ahead and say people were satisfied with moyes.

here if pep loses 2 back to back games do you remember how berserk fans went though they were inconsequential.You still think juve fans would be happy?are juve a mid table club?

dude even Rudi garcia was under pressure last year.Even though in my opinion Roma are punching above their weight.

Di Matteo was sacked last year remember?did schalke perform horribly by their standards?

NO top club(ok,except dortmund and perhaps the other 2 german CL teams) is satisfied with their manager.If we want a manager with
only 6 losses in games which mattered to be sacked then you understand how the situation is.
The case with Atletico is that they are punching waaay above their weight and all credit to Simeone.Marvellous.
About the 2 German teams well..they would be more than happy to reach UCL quarter finals.

You think pep can't win you the UCL but favre,weinzeirl and schmidt?(of course they can,if di matteo can..anyone can .. but do they have a higher chance than pep?)

Yes Ancelotti is an upgrade over pep available,in my opinion,but you want to build a dynasty with a 70+ year old?

I didn't like pep earlier but now when I see Barcelona losing to Bilbao,Juventus losing to Chievo,Chelsea conceding 4-5 goals to weak teams I understand we have been taking these routine weekly league points for granted whereas they are not.We have taken topping the UCL group for granted but its not.

People from other club would be delighted with pep.But do we want any of LVG,Wenger,Allegri hell yeah 70% of Bayerforum users I bet don't want Enrique.

Be happy and trust pep.At least for this season and hope for no injuries then we will see.

Great post! I have minor quibbles (Allegri may be losing in Serie A but the team underwent a major rebuild, its still early and Juve fans won't forget that he took them to the CL final months ago, which is a major big huge deal for them nowadays), but overall agree completely. I wouldn't think Ancelotti is an upgrade on Pep either, but that's up to debate.

I also think people take Bayern incredible consistency for granted, yes we have a marvelous squad but, as you said, Barca and Madrid do drop points regularly and they also have great squads.

Frankly, Tuchel is the one coach I may take over Pep at the moment. He hasn't proven anything yet, but his brand of football is exiting, awesome and in line with our past 3 coaches project (including Pep). Plus, he is unafraid of taking chances with youngsters, which I think is great. I would gamble on him (but it WOULD BE a HUGE gamble,which Pep is not!).
PunkCapitalist

Postby albanian7 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:39 pm

In which part of what I wrote I said Klopp isn't tactically stubborn? In which part of my comment did I say I'd like Klopp to become our coach? Actually, in which part of my comment did you read that Pep isn't the best coach in the world (not that I think he is)?

I was talking about how the fans feel about our coaches and in a very objective manner, I said that we tend to be divisive about the coach

By the way, Madrid do drop points regularly. Barca, not so much. They have what people want to call "Bayerndusel", not in terms of winning late, but in terms of grinding out 3 points even when played badly. That's why I've said, repeatedly, that if the CL would be a league format, it would be between us & Barca. Real, Chelsea, City, whatever - they wouldn't get a chance. Since 2010, it would be between us & Barcelona

I like Enrique (not for Bayern, I respect him as a coach) because he had the balls to change how Barcelona played in the past to suit the current demands of top-flight football. He brought vertical play, counter-attacks, physical midfielders, etc. Things Pep wouldn't bring to Barcelona

I like Blanc too. They definitely did better than both us and City against Barca, they dominate the domestic league, they won over Mou's 11 men. Now if Paris wants their coach to throw 15 tactical instructions to someone in middle of a match, they should get a player, because assimilating and excecuting these tactical instructions is something doable by Xavi and Lahm - heck, even the genius Xabi reacts badly in these situations

Schalke has underperformed for years

Allegri is making mistakes at Juve, and Wenger is Wenger. I won't bother to comment on LvG, we already know him. Same for Simeone

When did I say Weinzierl, Favre or Klopp can win the CL?

What we are saying is that it is fine to be ambitious. We were the best club the world for two years right? Ok, we won't stay there forever. But I see no reason for us not to stay in the top three (us + Real + Barca) as long as possible. There's nothing wrong with that kind of ambition. I know we haven't been on top for a long time, but wanting to stay there is not a bad, "glory-hunter" think to aspire
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Korab » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:56 pm

It's funny when you look at this site how it's been overrun by mumbling teenagers from US mainly, with some addition from Europe, it's like Facebook. I have bigger dick (more time on my hand) than you, and whatever it is. Experts for tactical solutions, brilliant ideas on everything! Just so boring to read why don't you go and make some money for living instead of tormenting us with your ideas, **** it! It's so tiring.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby AllensRoten » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:35 pm

Korab wrote:It's funny when you look at this site how it's been overrun by mumbling teenagers from US mainly, with some addition from Europe, it's like Facebook. I have bigger dick (more time on my hand) than you, and whatever it is. Experts for tactical solutions, brilliant ideas on everything! Just so boring to read why don't you go and make some money for living instead of tormenting us with your ideas, **** it! It's so tiring.

I also dislike whiney ignorant know it alls, but what else is there to do on a forum??? I think it's expected to discuss what you know on various topics. May it always be correct? No, but that's what a forum is. A setting for discussion.
Last edited by AllensRoten on Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby #12 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:35 pm

It's not the number of losses (and it was MORE than 6, I listed them!) - it's the way we lose... He still has to prove that he can lead our squad well enought not to just feed the fishes when we face tough opposition... And yes I know, the injuries, and a long 0-0 in Barcelona... This competition is not about not conceding, it's about scoring away! It always has been... And whoever defends that Barca game is merely whitewashing what happened... I don't think we would've done much better, but yes, that's speculation... Now that we have more depth, I wonder what the excuse will be this season?!
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Korab » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:49 pm

Don't worry! Every game until now was shit, so the only way left is up. Of course Bayern can plateau at this level for some time but we always will be able to find some positives. And for sure missing Ribbery and Robben gives us the headache and excuse.
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Fernando_Bayern_BR » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:54 am

There's one interesting aspect that people usually don't take into consideration. Since the 12/13 season we never played the second leg of any playoff of the CL away from home. And I think that's is a disadvantage.

1) When you play at home 1st you play with more confidence and are more likely to get a result, as the opposition are more cautious.

2) You know exactly what you have to do on the second leg. How many away goal you need and what scores favor you, whereas when you play the second leg at home every goal you concede you have to do math to know what you have to do.

3) When playing the second leg away from home you have 30 more minutes to score an away goal than the opposition if the game goes to over time. And that's a huge advantage. That's a rule they should change by the way, when the game goes to over time they should disregard the away goal rule, but add that won't happen anytime soon, the away team always have the advantage.

Maybe this season well finally decide games away from home. I'm confident our luck will change then.
Ich geb mein Herz für dich... Für Bayern lebe ich... Ich lass dich nie im Stich !
Fernando_Bayern_BR
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membership

National Flag:
Brazil

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:03 am

Fernando_Bayern_BR wrote:There's one interesting aspect that people usually don't take into consideration. Since the 12/13 season we never played the second leg of any playoff of the CL away from home. And I think that's is a disadvantage.

1) When you play at home 1st you play with more confidence and are more likely to get a result, as the opposition are more cautious.

2) You know exactly what you have to do on the second leg. How many away goal you need and what scores favor you, whereas when you play the second leg at home every goal you concede you have to do math to know what you have to do.

3) When playing the second leg away from home you have 30 more minutes to score an away goal than the opposition if the game goes to over time. And that's a huge advantage. That's a rule they should change by the way, when the game goes to over time they should disregard the away goal rule, but add that won't happen anytime soon, the away team always have the advantage.

Maybe this season well finally decide games away from home. I'm confident our luck will change then.

I am 100% with you about the away goal rule during extra time...
It is not fair...
As for the best way to start, home or away I ve always preferred to start away and even comments by our board / players after any draw confirmed this. However you have a point. I say for Bayern yes we better start home but i guess thay all the other teams would prefer starting away. Afrer all we are bayern one of a kind:-)
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:13 pm

Statistically, if you exclude other factors (group winners playing runner-ups in the round of 16, for exapmle), it is a fact that it's an advantage to play at home first... Just look at the semifinals of the last years... IIRC with the exception of 2012 every semifinal was won by the team that played at home first... However, this is not too much of an excuse for abysmal performances...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:59 pm

albanian7 wrote:In which part of what I wrote I said Klopp isn't tactically stubborn? In which part of my comment did I say I'd like Klopp to become our coach? Actually, in which part of my comment did you read that Pep isn't the best coach in the world (not that I think he is)?

When did I say Weinzierl, Favre or Klopp can win the CL?

I would like to write it..if I forgot..that what I was saying was not "Specifically" aimed at you.I should have made it clear there itself but..doesn't matter.Better late than never.
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby Badger » Sat Sep 19, 2015 6:32 pm

prasun77 wrote:

About Blanc-

Dude nothing against you.Seriously.

Great post. I wouldn't agree with your assessment of Ancellotti - he has been ineffective in some seasons - but the rest is a very interesting analysis.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:27 pm

Schalke DID perform horribly by their standards under Di Matteo. And I don't mean just the results.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion