You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby RedQueen » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:00 pm

nm462272 wrote:So it's basically just a joke that he isn't as sure about his starting XI a day or two before the match as Jogi was. Not sure what the big controversy is?


I really don't know. There was a lot of fuss in the media in Germany after the two Euro qualifiers because Götze played so well, and the media were talking about there being a DFB Götze and a FCB Götze, and asking why Mario didn't show these performances at Bayern. All the stuff about Löw trusting Mario while Guardiola does not came up again, and it was at least implicit that Guardiola can't get a proper performance out of Götze.

Maybe all the criticism is getting to him (the medical team, Schweinsteiger, the club identity debate, subbing off Müller, the chancellor reportedly doubting him...). But I can't believe it hasn't been the same in Spain. Ok, in Germany we don't have these kind of media outlets that are really close to a club, like "Sport" for Barca, so maybe he feels surrounded by hostile media.

I get the feeling he's really a bit of an elephant in the china store with his public statements. All the nonsense with Messi, now this...
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 670 times
Gender: Female

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:03 pm

RedQueen wrote:Maybe all the criticism is getting to him (the medical team, Schweinsteiger, the club identity debate, subbing off Müller, the chancellor reportedly doubting him...). But I can't believe it hasn't been the same in Spain. Ok, in Germany we don't have these kind of media outlets that are really close to a club, like "Sport" for Barca, so maybe he feels surrounded by hostile media.

I get the feeling he's really a bit of an elephant in the china store with his public statements. All the nonsense with Messi, now this...


Good point... But even though I criticize media rather frequently, I like a more "neutral" journalism... And I think we'Re two years in now - he did have enough time to adapt, didn't he? Especially since we're talking about someone here who is said to be very intelligent ALL THE TIME?!
Last edited by #12 on Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8230
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 331 times
Been thanked: 2363 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby nm462272 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:03 pm

Thanks for the insight RedQueen. It's too bad that every comment he makes gets picked apart by people looking for some juicy gossip, but I guess that's part of the job. I can understand if that becomes frustrating for him.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2851
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta/New York City
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2678 times
Been thanked: 1221 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby RedQueen » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:18 pm

#12 wrote: And I think we'Re two years in now - he did have enough time to adapt, didn't he? Especially since we're talking about someone here who is said to be very intelligent ALL THE TIME?!

Well, being intelligent doesn't mean he's good at dealing with the media... or even with people in general. He clearly doesn't enjoy all this... he's no Klopp.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
User avatar
RedQueen
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1356
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:58 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 99 times
Been thanked: 670 times
Gender: Female

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:23 pm

And - to clarify that I don't really "want" to be a hater: I'm fine with that... But there's two things: 1.) I hope this doesn't reflect in the team's performance, and 2.) even if he doesn't - does he have to be THIS obvious bringing that meassage home?!
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8230
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 331 times
Been thanked: 2363 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby quaazi » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:33 pm

HHNNNNNG LET'S ALL GET MAD ABOUT THINGS
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
User avatar
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 10079
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 pm
National Flag:
Estonia
Has thanked: 129 times
Been thanked: 2011 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby endrity » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:33 pm

I hope though that the Germany games can give him a further appreciation of Gotze and his possible collaboration with Muller. Those two linked together beautifully at times. There is no reason they can't do that for Bayern.
User avatar
endrity
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 1071
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:22 pm
Has thanked: 536 times
Been thanked: 437 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby albanian7 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:48 pm

RedQueen wrote:
nm462272 wrote:So it's basically just a joke that he isn't as sure about his starting XI a day or two before the match as Jogi was. Not sure what the big controversy is?


I really don't know. There was a lot of fuss in the media in Germany after the two Euro qualifiers because Götze played so well, and the media were talking about there being a DFB Götze and a FCB Götze, and asking why Mario didn't show these performances at Bayern. All the stuff about Löw trusting Mario while Guardiola does not came up again, and it was at least implicit that Guardiola can't get a proper performance out of Götze.

Maybe all the criticism is getting to him (the medical team, Schweinsteiger, the club identity debate, subbing off Müller, the chancellor reportedly doubting him...). But I can't believe it hasn't been the same in Spain. Ok, in Germany we don't have these kind of media outlets that are really close to a club, like "Sport" for Barca, so maybe he feels surrounded by hostile media.

I get the feeling he's really a bit of an elephant in the china store with his public statements. All the nonsense with Messi, now this...


I understand him if he feels under pressure from the media. But it's the same way with many other managers, he isn't the only top manager being discussed on TV. And one of the things that distinguish a top-top-top manager from a top-manager is how much does the pressure affect them and the team performance. In matches like the Supercup, Pep looked hysteric, screaming and pushing his favorite players

If he doesn't like the scrutinizing, may be someone should tell him to stop mentioning Messi every two days.

Getting the best out of a player (esp. an insanely talented 23 y.o.) is part of being a quality coach. Löw, while being a tactically weird coach with questionable decisions, has found a way to motivate his player (yes, even with the "better than Messi" comment no one believes. Remember Mou & Lampard?) while Pep hasn't. If he'll be asked whether he can tell Götze the same sentence to motivate him, he'll laugh sarcastically for 10 minutes straight
User avatar
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 766
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 6:49 pm
Has thanked: 43 times
Been thanked: 295 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby nm462272 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:54 pm

albanian7 wrote:I understand him if he feels under pressure from the media. But it's the same way with many other managers, he isn't the only top manager being discussed on TV. And one of the things that distinguish a top-top-top manager from a top-manager is how much does the pressure affect them and the team performance. In matches like the Supercup, Pep looked hysteric, screaming and pushing his favorite players

If he doesn't like the scrutinizing, may be someone should tell him to stop mentioning Messi every two days.

Getting the best out of a player (esp. an insanely talented 23 y.o.) is part of being a quality coach. Löw, while being a tactically weird coach with questionable decisions, has found a way to motivate his player (yes, even with the "better than Messi" comment no one believes. Remember Mou & Lampard?) while Pep hasn't. If he'll be asked whether he can tell Götze the same sentence to motivate him, he'll laugh sarcastically for 10 minutes straight


If I was Pep, and I had to listen to people like this all day every day, I'd be frustrated too.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2851
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta/New York City
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2678 times
Been thanked: 1221 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:10 pm

You wouldn't have to if you did something to improve your "oh so appreciated" player... ;)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 8230
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 331 times
Been thanked: 2363 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby nm462272 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:16 pm

#12 wrote:You wouldn't have to if you did something to improve your "oh so appreciated" player... ;)


In the end, it's the player's responsibility to prove himself :wink: the coach doesn't have to play him if he has better options 8)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2851
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta/New York City
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2678 times
Been thanked: 1221 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby pyrasur » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:08 pm

The problem is, the German soap operas I've watched suck. Football press conferences are really where it's at. Also winning media points > winning football matches. Ergo, ipso facto, qed, Mourinho=greatest football coach ever.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3891
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2224 times
Been thanked: 1822 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby prasun77 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:21 pm

I guess you all feel a bit burnt out and frustrated when you have a heavy day at the office.
That time you may speak a bit carelessly..
I guess you will understand the rest of my point without me writing it now..right?
Bayernaholic!
User avatar
prasun77
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:03 pm
Location: India
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 642 times
Been thanked: 1017 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby ottackon » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:23 pm

pyrasur wrote:The problem is, the German soap operas I've watched suck. Football press conferences are really where it's at. Also winning media points > winning football matches. Ergo, ipso facto, qed, Mourinho=greatest football coach ever.

Image
User avatar
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6130
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Casablanca
National Flag:
Morocco
Has thanked: 1830 times
Been thanked: 3188 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby JANCKER » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:44 pm

Pep is the reincarnated holy cow.
.........................................Image.........................................
User avatar
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 17383
Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am
Location: 710 miles SE from Allianz Arena
National Flag:
Basque Country
Has thanked: 9074 times
Been thanked: 8356 times
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests