You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Rauntšik » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:26 am

It's quite absurd to believe, but nevertheless:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:38 am

maybe she'd like us to take one from the .... she just w..... in Germany
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:10 am

Relajada, saboreando un Vega Sicilia en honor de su invitado español, Angela Merkel alargó la cena del pasado lunes hasta horas mediterráneas y habló de todo con Mariano Rajoy. La canciller hasta confesó sus dudas sobre si Guardiola es el entrenador adecuado para el Bayern de Munich.
El Mundo [source]
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:23 pm

ramsej84 wrote:maybe she'd like us to take one from the .... she just w..... in Germany

:?: :?:

Also: Who gives a crap? Merkel knows as much about soccer as I do about being chancellor...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby quaazi » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:16 pm

Badmouthing your foreign colleague's separatists seems like a good way to win cheap points with him.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:49 pm

I don't want to get flamed or anything about being a hater, but seriously: could the guy BE any more halfhearted, spiritless and sluggish?
That answer to the Götze question was nothing but inappropriate arrogance! Yes, Löw did win the WC, and while I think he's a coach far from perfect, that's quite something! Guardiola on the other hand has probabybly unprecedented liberties, support and possibilities in Munich and he didn't overperform at all... It'S not like he didn't have that kind of question coming... He has done nothing with talents here, only players that were on a higher level already... If he's just in it to do his time he might as well get the hell outta here... Geez... You'd think he would appreciate working for the best club in the world A LITTLE...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:32 pm

I love waking up to anger over what I presume is a press conference. Yawn. Important question now, back to bed or breakfast? Aaaand there's the breakfast alarm. Breakfast it is :cry:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:57 pm

#12 wrote:
ramsej84 wrote:maybe she'd like us to take one from the .... she just w..... in Germany

:?: :?:

Also: Who gives a crap? Merkel knows as much about soccer as I do about being chancellor...

I do not remember in which contest I've posted this ... :?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby albanian7 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:25 pm

#12 wrote:I don't want to get flamed or anything about being a hater, but seriously: could the guy BE any more halfhearted, spiritless and sluggish?
That answer to the Götze question was nothing but inappropriate arrogance! Yes, Löw did win the WC, and while I think he's a coach far from perfect, that's quite something! Guardiola on the other hand has probabybly unprecedented liberties, support and possibilities in Munich and he didn't overperform at all... It'S not like he didn't have that kind of question coming... He has done nothing with talents here, only players that were on a higher level already... If he's just in it to do his time he might as well get the hell outta here... Geez... You'd think he would appreciate working for the best club in the world A LITTLE...

This? http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/b ... oew-728950

It's amazing how no one has bothered to translate it to English if it is true

Anyway it's sick. I'm tired if this

By the way, we'll be branded "Pep haters" in the next 12 hours
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nm462272 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:33 pm

Maybe it's too early, but I'm not really understanding the joke Pep was making. Was it that he's unable to make Götze play like Löw does, because he's not as good a trainer as Löw?
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:42 pm

Here's an English translation:

The Catalan did not give away his starting XI during the prematch news conference.

Asked about the possible return of Mario Gotze to the side, referring to the backing the attacker recently received from Germany coach Joachim Low, Guardiola joked: "I don't have the qualities of Joachim Low, and that's why I'm not the Bundestrainer [Germany boss]."
ESPNFC [source]

It was about whether Mario would be in the starting XI. Other than Löw said a day or even two ahead of the game that Mario would start, I don't get what this has got to do with Löw's qualities either.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:44 pm

So it's basically just a joke that he isn't as sure about his starting XI a day or two before the match as Jogi was. Not sure what the big controversy is?
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:54 pm

Not getting the controversy either... Pep was probably just being modest and also trying to hide his choices for today?
PunkCapitalist

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:56 pm

ramsej84 wrote:I do not remember in which contest I've posted this ... :?

Something about Merkel thinking Pep was not ideal for Bayern when talking to her Spanish counterpart...

pyrasur wrote:I love waking up to anger over what I presume is a press conference. Yawn. Important question now, back to bed or breakfast? Aaaand there's the breakfast alarm. Breakfast it is :cry:

Hope you had a good one... I miss American breakfasts... :D
Well, anger? In a way... Not about the press conference but about his attitude... What did he think? We have won Bundesliga before him and we will again... I don't want to talk down his relative success but it's not like he moved mountains here...

@albanian7: yes it is...

nm462272 wrote:Maybe it's too early, but I'm not really understanding the joke Pep was making. Was it that he's unable to make Götze play like Löw does, because he's not as good a trainer as Löw?

Well, in a way, yes... I wouldn't call it a "joke" though seeing the face he pulled and the exaggerated sarcasm...

As for the translation, the question was if he wanted to reveal whether Götze will play because Löw did and Götze played so well... And his reaction was that he was not as good a coach as Löw... His tone was NOT okay... (hate me all you want, dear Pep-zombies, but the truth is:)
Not only did he show, that his attitude has reached an all-time-low, he made fun of his player with that statement, questioning his capabilities - when everyone can see that he was unable to make him any better - or at least keep him at the same level - for two years now...
Also, it shows disrespect for Löw...
I don't think that's how Bayern should be represented in a press conference - and on top of it an international press conference... And I don't think his sluggishness will have positive effects on the team...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:58 pm

Well, I'm aware of the cultural gap - but I saw it and I didn't like it - and many German reporters didn't either... The general tone is that it was very arrogant...

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion