You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:35 pm

zozon wrote:I do wanna bet. Your account here vs mine? Just leave when he extends OK?

Nah, don't want you to leave - and I'm not leaving either :P

I was thinking more something in the likes of signature?!

And just to be clear - once again: I'd actually be happy if he extended (I just don't believe it)
And if he does I hopehe at least works on the defense... :P
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:43 pm

#12 wrote:That was, however a group stage game of - in the end - lesser importance...

By this argument, literally the only games that Pep lost that mattered were the two CL semifinals (RM was an admitted failure by Pep, Barca was due to Bayern injuries), and losing to Dortmund in last years Pokal, which you yourself already said Bayern was the better team. Every other game he lost was of lesser importance and therefore doesn't matter, by your logic.

#12 wrote:Also, you'Re neglecting the fact that in 2012 Jupp also lost to Dortmund and had a lot of points in Bundesliga... With this season's outcome Pep wouldn't have won Bundesliga in 2012 as well... ;)

Bayern lost 7 games in 2011-12 under Jupp, including TWO against Dortmund... sounds to me like a failure on a much greater scale than Pep, no?

#12 wrote:And in CL he made it to the final with a team that was not as much of a contender as the current one... We have to be fair... ;)

That's totally subjective, considering that Bayern had prime Ribery, Robben, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Kroos, Martinez, etc. etc.

#12 wrote:I actually don't even want to complain... Semifinals is perfectly fine... But we struggeld against mediocre opponents to get there and then had no chance in hell to win... The best opponent we had in two years of Guardiola and didn't fail miserably is Arsenal...
Back to the complaining: I'm trying to point out his flaws... It should be self-explanatory we're discussing on a high level here... But we have a top-level team so it COULD be higher... All I'm saying...

You don't want to complain, yet that's all you do. As discussed before, Jupp also struggled against mediocre opponents (BATE, Arsenal). Not sure why you and others feel it's necessary to point out Pep's "flaws" DAILY.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:55 pm

Because others are doing the opposite thing, daily?! ;)

Also, Martinez was a transfer before the 2012/13 season... ;)
Schweinsteiger was injured all the time and only returned for later games (just like Lahm or Thiago did last season...) and a lot of players - including Alaba, Badstuber and Gustavo - didn't play the final ;)

True what you say about BATE... It's just that BATE and Arsenal were the ONLY two really bad games in a whole year...

You can, however, argue that Pep still gets the job done in bad games, true...
But my point is not even if he's better or worse (IMHO he is worse) than Heynckes... That'S not the point... The point is, that Heynckes was lucky as well - but he made fewer mistakes... And barely twice... ;)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FootballFan » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:18 pm

You guys need to calm down here, we get it someone of you like Pep, some have doubts, others probably don't no need to shove your opinions down one another throats every time.

Pep got Hitzfeld pretty good with his response and his CL winning side, however it seems theres no winning for Bayern, we sign Bundesliga (German talent) they're ruining the league, sign foreign talent they're losing their identity.
FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:18 pm

Aside from Guardiola:

Hitzfeld is not really a Bayern critic or someone who means bad for the club... There weren't more Germans in the team back in 2001... And most of them weren't homegrown...
I think he just had the urge to say something BEFORE it got out of hand... What he said on sunday (Kroos out, Schweinsteiger out, Vidal and Alonso in, he also mentioned Götze...) made much more sense than overall criticism...
Kroos leaving is - as far as we know - not related to Guardiola, but to the board unwilling to grant him more money... And I think that's what Ottmar meant - he wasn't aiming at Guardiola who probably misunderstood with all the sh*t he's getting from everywhere, he was saying that the club need to watch out...
So yeah, maybe Guardiola got him - but Hitzfeld wasn't even trying to get Guardiola... ;)

Retrospectively (is that OT?) I'd agree that they should have put more effort into keeping Kroos... Back then I thought the same way they did...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FootballFan » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:14 am

Yes, he was.

"If he had complete confidence in Mario Götze, he wouldn't have signed Douglas Costa. I see there's a tendency to sign too many foreign players to the detriment of the German mentality", claimed Hitzfeld

As you see, he (referring to Pep) and then said he see's too many foreign talents signing on aiming towards Douglas purchase that Pep made. Costa and Gotze don't even play in the same position, so his argument is already flawed. People need to stop thinking every German player is going to be the next Basti, Muller, Lahm, etc calibre players that we need to constantly look into German talent.

Funny thing is Kroos left due to Gotze and Bayern probably could use him more then Gotze right now.

At the end I'm going to trust this board as they have done a lot for the club and I'm sure they aren't trying to get rid of the identity. From what I see they're trying to make sure we don't have the same mistake from 2001 keeping the old guards, etc.

PS: Of course this is in English and could be mistranslated to what Hitzfeld said, but this is what I'm referring to.
FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:25 pm

It is, believe me, because I watched it live... ;)

Another example of horrible journalism... :roll:

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:58 am

"Weissbier-Waldi" just said something that I - gotta admit it - have to agree with...

What Guardiola said doesn'T really do justice to the 2001 team... 4 Starters, Zickler and Jacker in, Jeremies injured, Hargreaves and Kuffour homegrown... So Hitzfekd DOES have a point to be honest...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby SchwanMunich » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:46 am

Look, Pep has underachieved in Europe. Not by going out in the semis, that's okay. It's the bad defeats against 2 teams, Madrid and Barca. We beat both those teams in the few years before that. We dominated the games against them.

So it's no surprise that when they beat us as bad as they do that we blame the coach. Are their other factors involved? Sure. But it's the man in charge who takes the blame.

With that being said, I learned from criticising Jogi. He won the World Cup. Maybe Pep will surprise us too.

I just hope the team stays healthy.
SchwanMunich
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Firefox1234 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:20 am

Let's not forget the amount luck plays in who wins the UCL title and especially the treble, when I look back to that UCL final vs bvb that was not a sure thing.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:53 am

SchwanMunich wrote:Look, Pep has underachieved in Europe. Not by going out in the semis, that's okay. It's the bad defeats against 2 teams, Madrid and Barca. We beat both those teams in the few years before that. We dominated the games against them.

So it's no surprise that when they beat us as bad as they do that we blame the coach. Are their other factors involved? Sure. But it's the man in charge who takes the blame.

With that being said, I learned from criticising Jogi. He won the World Cup. Maybe Pep will surprise us too.

I just hope the team stays healthy.

I would not call our game against Barca a bad beat by any means. Peps tactics held them nuetralized for 70 minutes until our lack of depth and injuries left us exhausted. Granted his 3 atb didn't work at first but he quickly adapted we shut down their midfield play. And the second game we beat them. 5-3 aggregate is not a bad beat against by far the most in form team of any league, with a team plagued by injuries and missing their most important wing duo.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:40 am

sherpthederp wrote:I would not call our game against Barca a bad beat by any means. Peps tactics held them nuetralized for 70 minutes until our lack of depth and injuries left us exhausted. Granted his 3 atb didn't work at first but he quickly adapted we shut down their midfield play. And the second game we beat them. 5-3 aggregate is not a bad beat against by far the most in form team of any league, with a team plagued by injuries and missing their most important wing duo.

Please not again this... We lucked out that they seemed to take their first shots on goal EVER... They had like half a dozen prime, outstanding, sure opportunities and they failed - that'S not due to good defending or anything, it was PLAIN LUCK! And if people dsay this:

Firefox1234 wrote:Let's not forget the amount luck plays in who wins the UCL title and especially the treble, when I look back to that UCL final vs bvb that was not a sure thing.

then they should acknowledge luck Mr Guardiola has as well... Also, that 2013 final was a more than deserved win... Barca didn'T need luck this year... MAdrid did, we did, Chelsea did... Barca 2011 didn't, Milan 2010 didn't... Luck CAN be a factor... But it doesn't HAVE TO be...

SchwanMunich wrote:With that being said, I learned from criticising Jogi. He won the World Cup. Maybe Pep will surprise us too.

Jogi wouldn't have won anything if it wasn't for Mustafi tearing his hamstring...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby prasun77 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Frankly speaking..he was the MOTM today!Marvellous..a clean sheet without CBs..against a champions league team!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:59 pm

He has his moments... ;) :P