You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:27 am

We can't win them all - and there's no need to... Let'S see how the Defense does against better teams - there were bad situations that could lead to goals today as well...

ramsej84 wrote:SKYBundesliga is having a field day about the messi comments.
On the panel which is also composed by Markus Merk and Ballack there is an old guy (I think he is a former National Player) who was fuming at Pep saying he should know what kind of World Class he has in his roster... Mostly are all WOrld Champs with record of goals in the WC and UCL - Neuer Mueller, Robben , Lahm Lewa etc...
=D> to the old guy (sorry I forgot his name)

Rainer Calmund - He's not that old (usually people point out his weight rather than his age... :D ) and he was the former Leverkusen manager...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby S4k4zulu » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:51 am

#12 wrote:
Rainer Calmund - He's not that old (usually people point out his weight rather than his age... :D ) and he was the former Leverkusen manager...

U kno 66 is considered very old now aday. Its not like back in the days when people easily live till almost 100... Anyway back on topic
Hehe

Sent from my grandmama's basement
S4k4zulu
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:26 am

#12 wrote:We can't win them all - and there's no need to... Let'S see how the Defense does against better teams - there were bad situations that could lead to goals today as well...

ramsej84 wrote:SKYBundesliga is having a field day about the messi comments.
On the panel which is also composed by Markus Merk and Ballack there is an old guy (I think he is a former National Player) who was fuming at Pep saying he should know what kind of World Class he has in his roster... Mostly are all WOrld Champs with record of goals in the WC and UCL - Neuer Mueller, Robben , Lahm Lewa etc...
=D> to the old guy (sorry I forgot his name)

:grin:
I know, I know but I don't like to point out such things...(fat) you know; some might take it as an offence.
Only 66?!? I thought he is like 5years older
Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by ramsej84 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Machiavellico » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:45 am

Well, shockingly, we scored 5 without having Messi in the team.

PE14
Machiavellico
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Romania

Postby #12 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 1:22 pm

S4k4zulu wrote:U kno 66 is considered very old now aday. Its not like back in the days when people easily live till almost 100... Anyway back on topic

Didn't know he was actually THAT old... Always thought he was like 10 years younger... :D
And don't worry about the "fat" - there'S jokes in Germany about him all over the place - and he's very humorous about it... :D

Machiavellico wrote:Well, shockingly, we scored 5 without having Messi in the team.

So? We scored 9 in 2013... It's HAmburg, not f*cking Real Madrid... ;)
They scored 5 - and don't have Messi either... ;)

We can discuss like that all season long... You will use every opportunity to point stuff like this out, I will point out mistakes after defeats - but we'Re not discussing on the same level then... Because what I am (we are) trying to tell you over and over again: we don't need the frickin' most expensive coach in the world to beat Hamburg - each and every one of us could do that with this squad...
But a better team would profit more from defensive mess and would not concede that easily... And those are the games that determine a coaches worth... But if they look the same EVERY damn time - then something is rotten in the state of Denmark... ;)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:36 pm

ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FCB general » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:42 pm

After DFB Pokal match vs. Wolfsburg we shall be much smarter.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Took this out of another thread to avoid OT-discussions...

zozon wrote:So basically you are saying that Pep is at fault for everything bad that happens on the pitch, even for players losing their heads, misplaced passes, missing scoring chances, injuring themselves like kids in a kindergarten, Lahm totally forgetting that he is played as a RB in a given game.
You are asking the Pep system to work all by itself, not even bringing the players part of it. WTF are you even talking about?

There were PERSONAL PLAYER faults in crucial games these 2 years under Pep. Hell, Germany would have lost the WC final if Higuain scored after that HORRIBLE Kroos pass. If Germany lost and Pep was the coach, you would have blame him and his "system", not Kroos. That's how low you go on Pep.

You are a Pep hater and you will always blame him and his "system", not even a mention of the players and their faults. And at the same time you say Jupp's system was OK, the players weren't.

You are a hypocrite.

Nah, I'm not... You're just - again - ignoring facts and arguments... And everything that doesn't fit into your world view is just "Pep-hating" isn't it... Always easy to ridicule everything that doesn't suit you...
I never said he was responsible for all that.... READ, will you please?! :roll:
You prevaricate, and then you try to make everything fit to YOUR "criticism" which basically is "Pep is our MEssiah and makes no mistakes EVER!"...
IF Lahm is not playing in RB it is - OF F*CKING COURSE - Guardiola'S fault because he started playing him there in the first place! Never had that issue before, did he?!
It's not Jupps fault Gomez doesn't convert one in ten opportunities to score, it is very well Pep's fault that in THREE out of four semifinal games we didn't even HAVE an opportunity, or even a shot for that matter...
Also, you don't know this since I'm relatively new here, but I was HEAVILY criticizing Löw throughout the WC, one reason: him playing Lahm in midfield... It's not Guardiola-related, it's facts that bother me with every other coach as well - get it in your head, will you?!

The players were okay in Jupps system, they just failed... In ONE Game - well, two if you include the Pokal final... With Guardiola it'S EVERY f*cking game against every decent team... And Heynckes made more than enough mistakes, too, but he played the best system for the team/players... Guardiola's system is not entirely wrong - it's just full of flaws - why the high defense? Why so little profit from winning the ball on offense? 2014/15 was the first time in YEARS Bayern didn't manage to be decent in counterattack-statistics... You can find this in SportBILD - probably "Pep-hating" as well isn't it?

Now go ahead make your case, bring your "arguments" - let me guess: I'm just a "Pep-hater" and a "hypocrite" aren't I?

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:31 pm

#12 wrote:Took this out of another thread to avoid OT-discussions...

zozon wrote:So basically you are saying that Pep is at fault for everything bad that happens on the pitch, even for players losing their heads, misplaced passes, missing scoring chances, injuring themselves like kids in a kindergarten, Lahm totally forgetting that he is played as a RB in a given game.
You are asking the Pep system to work all by itself, not even bringing the players part of it. WTF are you even talking about?

There were PERSONAL PLAYER faults in crucial games these 2 years under Pep. Hell, Germany would have lost the WC final if Higuain scored after that HORRIBLE Kroos pass. If Germany lost and Pep was the coach, you would have blame him and his "system", not Kroos. That's how low you go on Pep.

You are a Pep hater and you will always blame him and his "system", not even a mention of the players and their faults. And at the same time you say Jupp's system was OK, the players weren't.

You are a hypocrite.

Nah, I'm not... You're just - again - ignoring facts and arguments... And everything that doesn't fit into your world view is just "Pep-hating" isn't it... Always easy to ridicule everything that doesn't suit you...
I never said he was responsible for all that.... READ, will you please?! :roll:
You prevaricate, and then you try to make everything fit to YOUR "criticism" which basically is "Pep is our MEssiah and makes no mistakes EVER!"...
IF Lahm is not playing in RB it is - OF F*CKING COURSE - Guardiola'S fault because he started playing him there in the first place! Never had that issue before, did he?!
It's not Jupps fault Gomez doesn't convert one in ten opportunities to score, it is very well Pep's fault that in THREE out of four semifinal games we didn't even HAVE an opportunity, or even a shot for that matter...
Also, you don't know this since I'm relatively new here, but I was HEAVILY criticizing Löw throughout the WC, one reason: him playing Lahm in midfield... It's not Guardiola-related, it's facts that bother me with every other coach as well - get it in your head, will you?!

The players were okay in Jupps system, they just failed... In ONE Game - well, two if you include the Pokal final... With Guardiola it'S EVERY f*cking game against every decent team... And Heynckes made more than enough mistakes, too, but he played the best system for the team/players... Guardiola's system is not entirely wrong - it's just full of flaws - why the high defense? Why so little profit from winning the ball on offense? 2014/15 was the first time in YEARS Bayern didn't manage to be decent in counterattack-statistics... You can find this in SportBILD - probably "Pep-hating" as well isn't it?

Now go ahead make your case, bring your "arguments" - let me guess: I'm just a "Pep-hater" and a "hypocrite" aren't I?

Many would argue that Pep's system *is* the best for our players. We have a lot of multifunctional highly technical players, therefore playing fluid total football is the right thing to do. The potential has just not been achieved because of injuries. It's not Pep's fault that we only had Boateng available and he had to play Rafinha as a CD... It's not Pep's fault that Robbery was not available for the most important part of the season. It isn't Pep's fault that the board took 1 or 2 seasons too long to acquire proper cover for the wings. It *is* Pep fault playing Lahm at midfield, but that originated on the injury crisis back in Pep's first season. Nevertheless, it is not Pep's fault that Lahm became obsessed with playing in midfield and kinda refuses to go back to RB. It is also Pep's fault that the players sometimes go out with a wrong mindset to some games. Overall, Pep, like every other possible manager, has good and bad things. IMO the balance is positive, we haven't seen the best of him yet and the potential in *his* system has not been realised. This season we have a better squad than the 2 previous seasons, so I expect success and no excuses, but the previous two were unfortunate.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:55 pm

Which is why I said there will be one more season - I don't want him to leave now... I just don't want to be ridiculed and insulted when I criticize his work - which is well-deserved... I really hope he can improve now - but I doubt he will...

We had no injuries against RM, we had no injuries against Wolfsburg, both crashing defeats... We had no injuries in his first two supercup games (not that they matter too much...)... And a couple of other games, too...
His style of play is perfectly fine... But still, you can adjust your system... Again: Why do our CBs play in offensive midfield? Why don't we use the moment of surprise, the sudden effect of new spaces developing on the field, when we win the ball on offense, but instead pass it back to Manu (I know this is exaggerating...)? Possession is nice - but only if it's not for the sake of ossession itself... We're back to the second van Gaal year - only that we have better players now...
Also, I wan t to SEE young players developing... Götze, Kurt, Gaudino - what bout them? We all now they have talent... It IS a coaches duty to develop players as well...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby zozon » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:17 pm

#12 wrote:The players were okay in Jupps system, they just failed... In ONE Game - well, two if you include the Pokal final... With Guardiola it'S EVERY f*cking game against every decent team...

And this is where the "discussion" with you ends.
Saying that Bayern sucked every game against decent opposition is sh*t.

Good luck on your Pep hating, get used to it cause he will extend.
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby nm462272 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:23 pm

zozon wrote:
#12 wrote:The players were okay in Jupps system, they just failed... In ONE Game - well, two if you include the Pokal final... With Guardiola it'S EVERY f*cking game against every decent team...

And this is where the "discussion" with you ends.
Saying that Bayern sucked every game against decent opposition is sh*t.

Good luck on your Pep hating, get used to it cause he will extend.

That argument conveniently ignores Bayern losses against BAD opponents under Jupp, such as BATE... not to mention losing all three competitions in 2012.

People act so entitled... BAYERN LOST IN CONSECUTIVE CL SEMIFINALS, PEP IS SO SHIT... I used to really like this forum, but unfortunately the negativity is becoming too much... it takes the joy out of watching my favorite team play. I don't mind criticism, and I find it useful... but the nonstop complaining is really bad.

As I've said before, I can't wait until Pep leaves and Bayern hires the "perfect German coach" that some people want here... and when they play worse than under Pep, I'll just sit back and laugh... spoiled fans.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:25 pm

zozon wrote:Good luck on your Pep hating, get used to it cause he will extend.

Wanna bet? ;)

Every game? Not neccessarily... But there's too few really good performances... I have ONE good game against Dortmund - which ironically was the one we lost, and a decent one in Hinrunde... Wolfsburg was a lucky 2:1, Leverkusen a deserved but weak 1:0... If you wnat to add Augsburg, okay, we won 4:0, was not bad, but not too good either... But okay, let'S make it three of last years top 6... Makes five matches altogether... In one year... In Rückrunde, we got ONE lousy draw against Schalke - and 4 defeats... Deserved ones...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby zozon » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:28 pm

#12 wrote:
zozon wrote:Good luck on your Pep hating, get used to it cause he will extend.

Wanna bet? ;)

I do wanna bet. Your account here vs mine? Just leave when he extends OK?
pyrasur wrote:
It's shaped like a sword. Because that's how formations work. We will only be beaten if Atletico form a rock. We will beat them if they form paper tho.
zozon
I post all the time

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:33 pm

nm462272 wrote:That argument conveniently ignores Bayern losses against BAD opponents under Jupp, such as BATE... Not to mention losing all three competitions in 2012.

Nope it doesn't... That was, however a group stage game of - in the end - lesser importance... Also, you'Re neglecting the fact that in 2012 Jupp also lost to Dortmund and had a lot of points in Bundesliga... With this season's outcome Pep wouldn't have won Bundesliga in 2012 as well... ;)

National competition is worse tha it was back then... And in CL he made it to the final with a team that was not as much of a contender as the current one... We have to be fair... ;)

nm462272 wrote:People act so entitled... BAYERN LOST IN CONSECUTIVE CL SEMIFINALS, PEP IS SO SHIT... I used to really like this forum, but unfortunately the negativity is becoming too much... it takes the joy out of watching my favorite team play. I don't mind criticism, and I find it useful... but the nonstop complaining is really bad.

I actually don't even want to complain... Semifinals is perfectly fine... But we struggeld against mediocre opponents to get there and then had no chance in hell to win... The best opponent we had in two years of Guardiola and didn't fail miserably is Arsenal...
Back to the complaining: I'm trying to point out his flaws... It should be self-explanatory we're discussing on a high level here... But we have a top-level team so it COULD be higher... All I'm saying...

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion