You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby prasun77 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:26 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Pep defense outsmarted by a fifth tier club... No matter how much we will score ... The fact remains that even this modest of modest of teams is giving us trouble...imagine Real Barca PsG etc

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

We kept a clean sheet against them not too long ago..with "hames",bale and kross in it..isn't it?
(oh,it was a friendly..yes yes..who wants to score and win a friendly..its much ore glorious to lose isn't it?)

BTW a certain bournemouth managed to score 4 past a jose mourinho team in a fa cup quarter final right?
by that logic imagine how many we would score against chelsea...10?
leave bayern,Aguero himself could score 5 right?

Doesn't work like that..#GoPep..he would remain incharge this season whatever happens..so lets trust him(even if its hard) and help him win the ucl!
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby #12 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:34 pm

prasun77 wrote:so lets trust him(even if its hard) and help him win the ucl!

1 - trust: no! support: yes!
2 - CL? Are you kidding? :lol: :lol: I'm all for being positive and all but, let's get some perspective here: the guy has nit been able to compile a decent defensive line in two years now - and this is the hardest competition in the world... We can be more than happy if the top 6 in Bundesliga don't wipe the floor with us - again!

And no, no one wants to lose a friendly - still, do you think they invested days of sighting video footage, preparing for this game only and were in their best condition? Without BAle, without Ronaldo? I don't... Besides: Benitez is one of the few big name coaches I'm absolutely 100% positive about being WAY worse than Guardiola... ;)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby albanian7 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:38 pm

He won't win the CL. Period.

At the end, it's not only about injuries and keeping everyone happy. To win it, you need a really good defense. In which point of the past two seasons, did our defense, bar Neuer, look good? You need a defensive system, not the "play with one natural CB, let Xabi drop deeper, LB & RB move centrally during the game" bullshit
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ottackon » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:48 am

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:37 am

Well, there's WAY more to this assumption than merely psychic mumbo jumbo... And it's WAY more likely to come true than the opposite prediction... ;)
Wanna bet? :P

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:57 pm

#12 wrote:Well, there's WAY more to this assumption than merely psychic mumbo jumbo... And it's WAY more likely to come true than the opposite prediction... ;)
Wanna bet? :P

That's a pretty lame bet, considering it's a crapshoot who wins in the end anyways - it's the hardest competition in football, you know ;)

From before - he we go again with the needless negativity. Saying that Pep "won't win the CL - period" is just hilarious - he's won it twice already :lol:

Pep faces so much unwarranted negativity, it's actually making me like him again.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:28 pm

nm462272 wrote:it's the hardest competition in football, you know

I know, I wrote that...

nm462272 wrote: Saying that Pep "won't win the CL - period" is just hilarious - he's won it twice already

Is it? I don't see one thing ruling out the other... ;) He won't win it with Bayern, he probably will never win it outside of Barcelona - if they don't perfect the cloning process as long as he's a coach - if you know what I mean... ;)
Also, he won it with a team that won it four times in the last ten years... And just recently with a coach that never coached a team before... Face it, it's an outstanding team with the best damn player there is... Who was responsible for the legendary Bulls team? Jordan or Phil Jackson? ;)
Which brings me to this:

nm462272 wrote:it's a crapshoot who wins in the end anyways

How so? Luck is definitely a factor, but how come Barcelona were lucky four times in 10 years, and were lucky only once in the decades before? ;)
How come Bayern were in four consecutive semifinals, how come Real are basically every year? It's not a crapshoot ;)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Argeta » Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:40 pm

Lucho has coached teams before.. But they were pretty lucky to win really.

Skickat från min SM-G900F via Tapatalk
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby prasun77 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:43 pm

Pep won't play 1 cb vs Real/barca i'm sure..He has learnt his lessons too..And as far as defenses are concerned..who has a better defense than us..**** pique-marc bartra? **** pepe-ramos? no? oh..cahill-terry you mean?ah..then thiago silva-david luiz?bingo!
we have benatia-boateng..yes but if a mourinho tam can concede 5 oals..if ancelotti can concede 5 goals then guardiola can too..He is not an idiot that he will make the same mistakes against madrid..and barcelona was a blip..it was just messi and desperation towards the end..

yes he is stubborn,but I am getting the feeling he has realized that Lahm should be an RB!that's it..we are good to go..
Alonso won't be starting every game..wanna bet?
Bayernaholic!
prasun77
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Postby albanian7 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:55 pm

How many times do I need to write the same thing?

At one point, I think some of you simply refuse to read what I have already written

I said you need a defensive system to win the CL

I didn't say our defenders are bad. A backline of Lahm/Boateng/Badstuber/Alaba is the best in the world. But when Badstuber is out, Boa is at half line, no DM (unless you count Xabi), our fullbacks tuck in centrally, that is not the best defense in the world anymore. It's not even a good defense. It's a defensive system based around "Boateng is smart and fast and Neuer will sweep"
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nm462272 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:56 pm

prasun77 wrote:Pep won't play 1 cb vs Real/barca i'm sure..He has learnt his lessons too..And as far as defenses are concerned..who has a better defense than us..**** pique-marc bartra? **** pepe-ramos? no? oh..cahill-terry you mean?ah..then thiago silva-david luiz?bingo!
we have benatia-boateng..yes but if a mourinho tam can concede 5 oals..if ancelotti can concede 5 goals then guardiola can too..He is not an idiot that he will make the same mistakes against madrid..and barcelona was a blip..it was just messi and desperation towards the end..

yes he is stubborn,but I am getting the feeling he has realized that Lahm should be an RB!that's it..we are good to go..
Alonso won't be starting every game..wanna bet?

Get outta here with your logic. Everyone knows Pep is a clueless idiot who never learns from his mistakes, and that Barca won because he praised Messi so much. [-X

/s

Anyways, I agree... he made a mistake during the RM games, but Barca can hardly be blamed on him. He made a questionable lineup decision in the first 15 mins, but he changed it before any damage was done. He was also forced to play Alonso due to injuries... the real question is if he puts him on the bench more often this season. If he doesn't do that, then I don't know what to say... but I expect Alonso will see greatly reduced time on the field.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:27 pm

I really don't understand why people fault Pep for the Barca result, yes Bayern didn't look solid defensively but hardly any teams do against MSN. Watch the A.Madrid play Barca and they still get cut open by Barca's attack. What Pep's system relies on is GOALS! Just like how a good defense can make a good offense the same is true vice versa. If Lewa and Muller converted on those missed chances at the Nou Camp it would have been a completely difference story. That game's scoreline did not reflect how close the game actually was and you must be so dense in your hate for Pep to not understand that, and that is without even mentioning the injuries to the squad. There is no "perfect system" each one has its pros and cons and what separates the winners from the losers is execution. Lewa and Muller didnt make the most of their chances, Robbery was out so Bayern's attack wasn't as potent, and lastly Bernat and Boa made small goods that gave away "world class" goals to the best attacking trio in the game. I understand the frustration but for Pep to get all the blame like he does is unfair, sadly the coaches are always the first on the chopping block when it comes to fans and Bayern is no different.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:42 pm

Yes every team / defense struggled vs MSN; Especially if you play with a 3 men defence of which one is a limited fullback... And with NonnoAlono before them...(the def trio)

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:55 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Yes every team / defense struggled vs MSN; Especially if you play with a 3 men defence of which one is a limited fullback... And with NonnoAlono before them...(the def trio)

Your right a three man defense was a risky play by Pep even with my Pep tinted glasses I can see that

But can you say that it was a disaster of a plan? We're Bayern completely played out of the park like a Man C? The one thing I completely can't understand Pep for is Alonso's continues use but I'm not a coach so my word has little say. I just hope anti Pep fans don't think I'm targeting them because your concerns are valid. There tons of ways to play this beautiful game and to be honest I like Pep's way of play with high press and and a high line to choke out the opposition, I do it all the time in FIFA

I hope he does extend his stay cause that is the type of football I wanna see but in the end I just really want Bayern to win the treble every year So if someone else can come and in and do that I won't be complaining.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:That game's scoreline did not reflect how close the game actually was and you must be so dense in your hate for Pep to not understand that...

Actually most neutral commentators I read were of the opinion that the scoreline would have been 5-0 or 6-0 if it weren't for Neuer.... must be all fanatic Bayern and Pep haters I guess... :shock:
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion