You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Bayernbazi » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:41 pm

Steph wrote:I saw Pep walk into the stadium with the cat shirt during the third place game, and realized he was wearing a different shirt during our match but I never knew why. Is cat supposed to mean catalonia?

That this is what they interpreted but then when there some whistles for him it did not occur to them that it may have been some Real Madrid fans, somewhere I've seen a headline 'Whistles for Pep'
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FootballFan » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:38 pm

I don't understand why people keep bring up the fact Pep said Messi can't be defended, or whatever praise he said, but they refuse to remember Neuer saying he'd show Messi who's boss, which would motivate Messi more, so then what Pep actually says. And he did make a mockery out of Neuer.

I agree the media is making a real meal out of this. I also agree Pep sometimes can be quite risk taking and play crazy formation/tactics and line ups, but at the end he's still fairly young coach and you expect this from him to a point. Even I think Ribery or Robben said Pep wants to try and make things less predictable and has all kinds of ideas. However no team other then Barcelona and perhaps Madrid to an extent would play Bayern in a direct attack football, which does make things difficult when a team is sole set on defending.

If the team stays healthy the only real competitors I would say Bayern have is Barcelona this season or some ultra defending team eliminating Bayern. I can see if Pep/Bayern win it he'll say f u to all the doubters and go on another sub tactical.

It just seems Bayern/Pep get damned in every way, they buy German talent, ruining Bundesliga, buy foreign talent ruining club identity, lost in an embarrassing fashion should be sacked, but if they lost by one goal or in close game he could stay, lose on PK still should be sacked, Pep doesn't built a team, but when him/Bayern try they get stick.

At the end they'll be happy who are happy with him and some who aren't that's, even if he lifts the treble lets say maybe some of those will be happy with him, but some still won't be. Its like if you go to some of the Barcelona forum some people don't like Enrique, while others do, some think he's better then Pep and some don't, but this is just normal between fans.
FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membership

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:45 pm

If you guys think discussions in here are bad, you should go and check out the Barca forum (in Spanish). They have a 5yr+ thread with hundreds of pages on whether their club discriminates against non-catalan fans. It all begun because someone said he felt discriminated because in an official event someone spoke Catalan, but after so many years it is just name calling and insults. It's hilarious.
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby pyrasur » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:52 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:If you guys think discussions in here are bad, you should go and check out the Barca forum (in Spanish). They have a 5yr+ thread with hundreds of pages on whether their club discriminates against non-catalan fans. It all begun because someone said he felt discriminated because in an official event someone spoke Catalan, but after so many years it is just name calling and insults. It's hilarious.

And yet their best players are all South American I've been waiting for the "Franconia isn't really part of Bavaria" discussion here for some time now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:53 pm

pyrasur wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:If you guys think discussions in here are bad, you should go and check out the Barca forum (in Spanish). They have a 5yr+ thread with hundreds of pages on whether their club discriminates against non-catalan fans. It all begun because someone said he felt discriminated because in an official event someone spoke Catalan, but after so many years it is just name calling and insults. It's hilarious.

And yet their best players are all South American I've been waiting for the "Franconia isn't really part of Bavaria" discussion here for some time now

The worst part is that it wasn't even a South American the one complaining. He was a Spaniard from Madrid or something xD

BTW, I've visited several big team fan forums, and this is by far the best one. Kudos to MUTU and the community.
PunkCapitalist
I'm a post king!

Postby albanian7 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:48 pm

I am usually criticizing Pep, but that cat shirt was brilliant. There's something very likable about a man getting paid 14m€ a year, being in a very demanding and stressful job and finding time to care for his hometown's (DESERVED) indipendence

Blame Pep for the tiki-taka, corners, Messi compliments, tactical mistakes and all that, but blaming him for a cat shirt is purely racist
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby ottackon » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:22 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:
pyrasur wrote:

The worst part is that it wasn't even a South American the one complaining. He was a Spaniard from Madrid or something xD

BTW, I've visited several big team fan forums, and this is by far the best one. Kudos to MUTU and the community.

I like the mixture of nationalities here and different points of view, even if this forum is still lacking some Bayern fans from Russia, China and Japan.
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby #12 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:39 am

albanian7 wrote:Blame Pep for the tiki-taka, corners, Messi compliments, tactical mistakes and all that, but blaming him for a cat shirt is purely racist

How so? If every group of people that wants to be independent would get it, we woul have millions of states/countries... ;)
But even if they are - what is racist about that? Racism sucks - but this is not it...
That being said - I think he has every right in the world to wear the shirt...
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Bayernbazi » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:04 am

FootballFan wrote:I don't understand why people keep bring up the fact Pep said Messi can't be defended, or whatever praise he said, but they refuse to remember Neuer saying he'd show Messi who's boss, which would motivate Messi more, so then what Pep actually says. And he did make a mockery out of Neuer.

My 'drooling over Messi' comment wasn't about that, but I was referring to when he flew to Barcelona for the Barca vs Man City match

With regards to the Messi can't be defended, in my opinion there could have been 'we have a plan' and that's it ?

but as I said that is beyond the scope of my post.....I don't want to to open those chapters again, I think every pro and con argument has been already exhausted months ago...

PunkCapitalist wrote:If you guys think discussions in here are bad, you should go and check out the Barca forum (in Spanish)

I meant quite the opposite - there is nothing wrong here, after all deep down each poster has his own genuine belief about what is good for the club and as long as we keep discussing the argument and one is ready to accept different views than his and we don't go personal or keep feeding some troll it is very interesting. My point is that a fan posting his views about the Pep situation and what he genuinely believes is good for the club is one thing, but the attacks from most media outlets is another thing, which no true fan should be happy of.
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:48 am

albanian7 wrote:I am usually criticizing Pep, but that cat shirt was brilliant. There's something very likable about a man getting paid 14m€ a year, being in a very demanding and stressful job and finding time to care for his hometown's (DESERVED) indipendence

Blame Pep for the tiki-taka, corners, Messi compliments, tactical mistakes and all that, but blaming him for a cat shirt is purely racist

Why is it deserved? And what is likable about an ex-player/trainer working for something that goes against its former team?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MillaMjau » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:11 pm

Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tedesco » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:15 pm

Hahahaha
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:19 pm

Pep defense outsmarted by a fifth tier club... No matter how much we will score ... The fact remains that even this modest of modest of teams is giving us trouble...imagine Real Barca PsG etc

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby markinkol » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:35 pm

I don't like this high line defense can somebody squeeze the shit out of pep to see some sense.
markinkol
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby Dumbledore7 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:41 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Pep defense outsmarted by a fifth tier club... No matter how much we will score ... The fact remains that even this modest of modest of teams is giving us trouble...imagine Real Barca PsG etc

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2

Or to put it less blindly, Alaba was outsmarted by some random player and Ulreich couldn't close his legs. It wasn't a case of everyone being too high forward that Neymar could run in behind like 3 months ago. That was a harmless attack.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion