You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Bomber_der_Nation » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:28 pm

FootballFan wrote:I like that from him tbh.

I remember Alves once said when Pep first joined Barca, "as long as the players believe in him, he'll stay, but when they stop he'll pack his bags". Which I can respect he's not here to destroy clubs etc as some people may seem like any other coaches he wants success just has his own way. I believe this season maybe the big thing for him, or he's playing with the players in order to get them to perform similar to Jupp in his final season. If he brings the CL home, he may sign another year or 2 to try to get it again, if not and players really lose faith he could leave.

If we get stomped by Real/Barca again in the late stages of the CL I believe the players, club and fans will lose hope and he should go. That is, only if we get killed like the last two seasons. If we go out against either of them by a close score or go out against another club it's not that big of an issue, it's just that expectations are so high
Bomber_der_Nation
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Scotland

Birthday

Postby ottackon » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:54 pm

Guardiola on his contract:
- "I am Bayern Munich coach and I am happy to be here. I haven't yet decided what is best for the club."
- "I have received no offers. I have read a lot in recent months, but I want to do the best for this club."
- "When I reach a decision, I will talk to KHR, Hoeneß and Sammer. A year is a long time, 3 years is a lifetime at a big club."
- "I am not convinced yet whether it is right for the club if I were to extend my contract."

Guardiola on spanish contingent :
- "Bayern is a German club. I'm learning German everyday, so do Alonso, Costa and Vidal. No one is trying to change the club's indentity".
- "German players remain the leaders in the team. We all know their importance but Bayern is a great club & we need excellent players too."

Guardiola on Kimmich : "I've seen him live once and a few videos. The club decided and they did very well. He wants to play lots of games."

Guardiola on Lahm : "Lahm can play everywhere, but we have so many midfielders and only one right back".
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby FootballFan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:01 pm

Bomber_der_Nation wrote:
FootballFan wrote:I like that from him tbh.

I remember Alves once said when Pep first joined Barca, "as long as the players believe in him, he'll stay, but when they stop he'll pack his bags". Which I can respect he's not here to destroy clubs etc as some people may seem like any other coaches he wants success just has his own way. I believe this season maybe the big thing for him, or he's playing with the players in order to get them to perform similar to Jupp in his final season. If he brings the CL home, he may sign another year or 2 to try to get it again, if not and players really lose faith he could leave.

If we get stomped by Real/Barca again in the late stages of the CL I believe the players, club and fans will lose hope and he should go. That is, only if we get killed like the last two seasons. If we go out against either of them by a close score or go out against another club it's not that big of an issue, it's just that expectations are so high

Bayern got hammered by Madrid, but in no way to me did they get hammered by Barca, losing 5-3 isn't as big of a hammering as people want to make it out to be, especially without Robbery/Martinez/Alaba and Lewa playing with a broken jaw and many players returning from injury also. The first leg Pep did mess up with 3 defenders VS MSN, but he corrected that and lucky for him no harm was done, near the end Messi happened unfortunately not much one can do when he has performances like that. Keep in mind Bayern could've made Barca into their Shakhtar/Porto had it not been for some poor finishing and ter Stegen in Munich.

As far as it goes, Bayern board seems to be happy with him and want him to extend regardless, but as Pep knows as he's been a player its little to do with the board approval/happiness as it more to do with the players and coach connection hence his comment about players believing in him or not being his final decision. Which is smart.
FootballFan
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby albanian7 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:47 pm

Which leads us to an even bigger question: are players happy with him? In my humble opinion, the only starting XI who don't particularly love him are Müller and Lewy. The rest - Neuer, Boa, Lahm, Benatia, Alaba, Bernat, Robben, Thiago, Alonso, even the new signing Vidal are happy with him. But players can love a coach as a man, but doubt his tactics (2012 anyone? Heynckes wanted to leave, right?). And when you lose 4-0 with a fit team and 3-0 with half of the team out, in two consecutive SF, you may still love the guy, but if that happens for a third time in a row .. Good luck with that. And how much will Basti's departure affect this? Or Lahm getting pushed back to RB? There are a lot of things to be taken into consideration.
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:51 pm

I don't think this is much for news. We all know that Pep will voluntarily leave if he doesn't succeed this season. Though, success is a rather vague notion. Will he aim at winning the CL? Will he still stay if we go out in the semis but in a respectable way? IMO, going out against *that* Barca with half our starting XI unavailable by a 21/2 goal difference *is* respectable.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:29 pm

Pep: "I have no offers from any other clubs. I will speak with Rummenigge, Hoeness and Sammer about my future"
Haha he forgot the actual Pres... :lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:53 pm

ramsej84 wrote:Pep: "I have no offers from any other clubs. I will speak with Rummenigge, Hoeness and Sammer about my future"
Haha he forgot the actual Pres...

And mentioned Hoeness who is supposed to be out of action. Nice to see that he is still running the club from the shadows xD.
PunkCapitalist

Postby markinkol » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:53 pm

pep is lying, how can a coach like pep be in his final season at bayern and has not extended his contract not receive any offers from another club. it's simple he has received an offer and with all truthfulness he's leaving. he (pep) himself is not confident of staying and recent.interviews from KHR suggest the same.
KHR said that they will sit with him at the end of the season to talk of extension and now pep says he will do it in.the course of the year and its clear a coach who wants.to stay would have extended already. he has decided and he is leaving.
markinkol
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby RedQueen » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:46 pm

Does anyone have a link to a video of that presser? Because it seems completely unclear what he actually said. Everywhere there are angry comments that Sportbild's quotes (about not being convinced that he is the right manager for Bayern) have nothing to do with what he really said.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:35 pm

RedQueen wrote:Everywhere there are angry comments that Sportbild's quotes (about not being convinced that he is the right manager for Bayern) have nothing to do with what he really said.

This is also what I've been hearing, but I can't seem to find a link to the story
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:47 pm

The quotes are all on Twitter, no story in Sportbild.

https://twitter.com/sportbild

I just watched Sport1's "Bundesliga aktuell" with a video of the presser. He's barely intelligible (honestly I'd prefer him to speak English, his German simply ain't good enough to communicate without provoking misunderstandings). Hopefully Sport1 will upload the video on their youtube channel so I can rewatch it; for now I can't say anything definitive because I could barely understand him, but I can see how/why Sportbild arrived at their interpretation. He does give the impression he's not sure whether he's the right person.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby nm462272 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:59 pm

RedQueen wrote:The quotes are all on Twitter, no story in Sportbild.

https://twitter.com/sportbild

I just watched Sport1's "Bundesliga aktuell" with a video of the presser. He's barely intelligible (honestly I'd prefer him to speak English, his German simply ain't good enough to communicate without provoking misunderstandings). Hopefully Sport1 will upload the video on their youtube channel so I can rewatch it; for now I can't say anything definitive because I could barely understand him, but I can see how/why Sportbild arrived at their interpretation. He does give the impression he's not sure whether he's the right person.

I agree - I think a lot of confusion would be prevented if he answered in a language he can better articulate himself in. Oh well! :)
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby MillaMjau » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:10 pm

RedQueen wrote:Does anyone have a link to a video of that presser? Because it seems completely unclear what he actually said. Everywhere there are angry comments that Sportbild's quotes (about not being convinced that he is the right manager for Bayern) have nothing to do with what he really said.

It's on FCBtv but I haven't watch it yet.

Meanwhile, the English press is cooking up a story...

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ottackon » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:56 pm

I gamble my shirt and my pants, Guardiola is moving nowhere, he will extend his contract for 2 years.
Moreover, tomorrow we're going to win the SuperCup and at the end of the season, we'll be holding all four trophies.
I'm fed up with all this gloomy atmosphere, we are Bayern after all !!!
ottackon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby sherpthederp » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:46 am

ottackon wrote:I gamble my shirt and my pants, Guardiola is moving nowhere, he will extend his contract for 2 years.
Moreover, tomorrow we're going to win the SuperCup and at the end of the season, we'll be holding all four trophies.
I'm fed up with all this gloomy atmosphere, we are Bayern after all !!!

The truth has been spoken! I've got a really good feeling about this season, our new additions seem to be go getters and will bring much needed depth to the squad. With a full team Bayern will be a real force to be reckoned with in Europe.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion