You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Discussions about the former / present players & staff, and their personal life. Was a player fined for speeding? Did a former player become a coach? Find it all here.
 

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby nonbaryonic » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:33 pm

nm462272 wrote:Wow, that post is cringeworthy #-o


A little over the top with the tone, but pretty spot on in terms of tactics / style of play assessment IMO. I'm not the one to live in nostalgia, glorifying the past, but look at this vid below - esp 2:25 and 3:30. Absolute world class stuff by Basti. Of course Messi wasn't as sharp as he is this season, but I doubt these tactics, even with our injured player roster would have lost 10-3 on aggregate over 2 UCL semis.

User avatar
nonbaryonic
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: New York
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:36 pm

The point I agree with is the part about his tactics being for robots, but the tone ruins it for me... it all started talking about him being an asshole towards the US coach :roll:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2471
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta/New York City
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2344 times
Been thanked: 1047 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby AllensRoten » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:38 pm

nm462272 wrote:Wow, that post is cringeworthy #-o

Cringeworthy indeed... Never ceases to amaze me how misinformed people so confidentally spew feces out of their mouth :lol:
User avatar
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 565
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:24 pm
Has thanked: 238 times
Been thanked: 126 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby nonbaryonic » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:41 pm

nm462272 wrote:The point I agree with is the part about his tactics being for robots, but the tone ruins it for me... it all started talking about him being an asshole towards the US coach :roll:


I for one was happy he didn't shake hands with the coach. I was at that game actually. It was a friendly game and had no place for tackles from behind like that. I'm pretty sure Basti got injured from one of those.
User avatar
nonbaryonic
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: New York
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:44 pm

nonbaryonic wrote:
nm462272 wrote:The point I agree with is the part about his tactics being for robots, but the tone ruins it for me... it all started talking about him being an asshole towards the US coach :roll:


I for one was happy he didn't shake hands with the coach. I was at that game actually. It was a friendly game and had no place for tackles from behind like that. I'm pretty sure Basti got injured from one of those.


Yep, I recall the same. Then MLS fans got all indignant and offended, saying "Pep has no class"... yeah, he doesn't want his professional players to be injured against your 3rd rate "all-star" squad. That made me so mad...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2471
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta/New York City
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2344 times
Been thanked: 1047 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby nonbaryonic » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:52 pm

nm462272 wrote:
nonbaryonic wrote:
nm462272 wrote:The point I agree with is the part about his tactics being for robots, but the tone ruins it for me... it all started talking about him being an asshole towards the US coach :roll:


I for one was happy he didn't shake hands with the coach. I was at that game actually. It was a friendly game and had no place for tackles from behind like that. I'm pretty sure Basti got injured from one of those.


Yep, I recall the same. Then MLS fans got all indignant and offended, saying "Pep has no class"... yeah, he doesn't want his professional players to be injured against your 3rd rate "all-star" squad. That made me so mad...


I'm usually classified in the #pepout crowd but that was the first time I was proud of this coach. He showed real passion for the team. But then when I hear him talking about how great Messi is right before the CL games I'm like wth dude.
User avatar
nonbaryonic
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: New York
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby #12 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:03 pm

Burko wrote:Word must is not correct. I think should is better. :mrgreen:


Nah sorry... With this squad? Any decent coach could do it, let alone one who is said to be the best... ;)
Thanks for nothing, :pep: !!
User avatar
#12
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 7542
Joined: Sat May 16, 2015 1:31 pm
National Flag:
Germany
Has thanked: 302 times
Been thanked: 2193 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:08 pm

nm462272 wrote:
nonbaryonic wrote:
nm462272 wrote:The point I agree with is the part about his tactics being for robots, but the tone ruins it for me... it all started talking about him being an asshole towards the US coach :roll:


I for one was happy he didn't shake hands with the coach. I was at that game actually. It was a friendly game and had no place for tackles from behind like that. I'm pretty sure Basti got injured from one of those.


Yep, I recall the same. Then MLS fans got all indignant and offended, saying "Pep has no class"... yeah, he doesn't want his professional players to be injured against your 3rd rate "all-star" squad. That made me so mad...


Tell me about it. It was tough to get over my anger, because my friends like to talk trash about Schweinsteiger, especially after the USA v Germany game where they accuse him of diving and faking injuries. And YEAH, you said it PERFECTLY, as if we are happy to risk our world-class players against MLS "all-stars". Yes Bayern were the guests, but it was essentially a CHARITY match hosted by Bayern to raise awareness for the poor MLS lads. :evil: Just remembering that gets me steamed again! Cherry is f*cking Alexi Lalas and co., who piss me off even though they are microscopic in importance, because they act like they were somebody if football. Gianluca Gaudino has accomplished more in football than them!

I actually had to tell myself to remember that most American soccer fans don't know better, and aren't aware of Basti's injury history.

Back to the point, I wish I worked at a job where my employer had to conform to me! What a cavernous lair Pep is.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3839
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2175 times
Been thanked: 1801 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby nm462272 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:14 pm

pyrasur wrote:Tell me about it. It was tough to get over my anger, because my friends like to talk trash about Schweinsteiger, especially after the USA v Germany game where they accuse him of diving and faking injuries. And YEAH, you said it PERFECTLY, as if we are happy to risk our world-class players against MLS "all-stars". Yes Bayern were the guests, but it was essentially a CHARITY match hosted by Bayern to raise awareness for the poor MLS lads. :evil: Just remembering that gets me steamed again! Cherry is f*cking Alexi Lalas and co., who piss me off even though they are microscopic in importance, because they act like they were somebody if football. Gianluca Gaudino has accomplished more in football than them!

I actually had to tell myself to remember that most American soccer fans don't know better, and aren't aware of Basti's injury history.

Back to the point, I wish I worked at a job where my employer had to conform to me! What a cavernous lair Pep is.


Grrrrrrr... making me mad thinking about that again!! Bringing up memories I had tried to forget!! :evil:
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
User avatar
nm462272
I post all the time
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 2471
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:54 am
Location: München/Atlanta/New York City
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2344 times
Been thanked: 1047 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Korab » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:26 am

That's really interesting how deep Guardiola is involved in Barca politics being at the same time coach of main opponents. Any conspiracy theories?
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/20 ... 13620922/-?
User avatar
Korab
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 461
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 107 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby nonbaryonic » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:28 pm

Korab wrote:That's really interesting how deep Guardiola is involved in Barca politics being at the same time coach of main opponents. Any conspiracy theories?
http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/20 ... 13620922/-?


Other than the horrendous high line, that's one of the few other things I hate about Pep. We never see any other coach with such an affection towards a previous employer. That's highly disrespectful to Bayern and its fans. Even players don't talk about their previous clubs and how they loved their time there when they go to a new one. No other coach picks up fights with the medical team, or with the club chef ffs.
User avatar
nonbaryonic
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: New York
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Badger » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:47 pm

nonbaryonic wrote:Hey guys, just joined this forum after browsing for years. Basti's departure almost made me go into a severe depression of sorts. In my opinion, it's all Guardiola and of course KHR's backing. Found an amazing post on another forum regarding our wonderkid Pep - I couldn't have said it better so just re-posting it here.


lately the clash between pro/anti Pep members has been getting somewhat aggressive with members on both camps accusing the other side of either being irrationally negative.
for the last time I am making this post to put things out there. explaining things from my own point of view as an ANTI-PEP person.

do I hate Pep?
nope, can't hate a person that I never met.
I don't hate Pep as a person.

Do I think Pep is an Asshole?
Yes, the way he conducted himself on several occasions warrant me the right to call him that, the way he treated the American coach, the medical staff and most of all how he lied to us all (more on that last point later)

But, Do I hate how he managed Bayern in the last two seasons?
Yes I do. But does that make me a hater?
in my own mind, no. I don't think so.

Do I think I can do a better job than Pep?
No, that's somewhat a silly question.
the world of sports is a form of entertainment. as a fan/audience you don't need to be a critic/expert to tell if the play you are watching is good or it sucks. it's similar to that in football, I maybe don't have experience to train superstars on day to day basis, but I can sure tell when I am watching a horrible match.

so what are those valid concerns I mentioned in the subject of this post?

- Pep is a lair
for me this reason alone is more than enough to make me never trust him.
anyone who would deny this point is an outright hypocrite Pep Fanboy.
earlier in one of his press conferences he said that he will adapt to the players not the other way around.
sadly this was a lie. and everything he done from that point forward negates that statement, the recent departure of Basti is a further prove of that statement being a lie.

- Formations & Fluidity
Pro Pep members often say that even football experts are no longer able to predict Pep's lineup and formations, that's how fluid Bayern have become, every player can play in every position.

I believe that it's totally false, I believe Pep keeps changing lineups and formations because he's still stuck in the experiment phase with Bayern.
Yes, two years coaching a team but still stuck in that phase. the reason for that is his inability to adapt to the players he has in his disposal but rather trying hard to enforce his only football tactic he knows on the players.

Pro Pep fans will say that Injuries forced him to change formations a lot.
also false.
Because injuries doesn't enforce you to play with 3 men defense with Rafinha as your LCB, against the most deadly attacking trio in the world.
Injuries doesn't enforce you to push your defensive lineup so far up the pitch and even though you get punished for it over and over again, you still stand there and do nothing about it.

the only tactic he knows (not my words, he openly admitted that) are not made for humans, it's for robots.
his tactics doesn't take into consideration that his players are actually humans, and humans make mistakes.
his tactics are heavily dependent on precision passing inside the opponents half, which means in order for his tactics to work, the defensive line MUST BE pushed so high up the pitch to help maintain the ball in the opponents half, but with that comes the risk of being destroyed by the counters, especially if you are playing against a team that can execute counters.
Pep is trying to seek perfection with his playing style, but that style focuses too much on attack and totally neglects the defense.

football needs a practical mind, not one that seeks perfection in a team made of humans.
remember how Inter/Chlease managed to beat his Barcelona side?

- Pep is fake
I don't believe that Pep is a world class coach, he wouldn't make it into my top-10 list of best coaches around the world.
not only that his success are bound to one team, but rather bound to certain type of players, if he doesn't have those players, he wont succeed.

stubborn to a severely imbalanced system that needs robots to pull it perfectly. and even so it still will fail because of it's defensive deficiencies.

he said he wont change his playing style, and I firmly believe we wont have any success with that outside of the normal Bundesliga challenge, therefore I wish he leaves soon.

From best in the world to Mediocre
Lahm -- some people will say that Lahm was actually great in CDM position before he got his leg broken. I disagree I think he was good at best, nothing special, no where near how important he was in the right back.
people also argue that Rafinha was good in RB, I also disagree.
because "Good" is simply not enough when you used to have the BEST in the world there.
Lahm's movement, defense, overlaps and crosses are easily 10 times better than what Rafinha can ever do.

Alaba/Bernart
same argument here, Alaba is actually good in CM, a lot better than what Lahm will ever be. but still he was the BEST as LB. I also like Bernart a lot. and I think he can develop into a world class LB. still his lack of experience and his defensive weaknesses makes me question, did we actually needed a CM that bad that we convert our BEST IN THE WORLD full backs into CMs?
My answer is no.

The Martinez/Basti due
The injury excuse will be used here again. I only have two things to say about this;
where is Basti now?
When Martinez was injured last year, did we buy a CB or CDM as his replacement?


The transformation is almost complete.
yep, the transformation of Bayern into a Barcelona wanna be team is almost complete.
with Basti gone, the emptying process of our midfield of any players with defensive qualities (Destroyers or otherwise) are almost complete.
we are only left with an old Alonso, and a young unfavorable Rode.

I don't think Bayern performance against Top teams in the bundesliga or outside it will improve this year, because Pep will continue to play and enforce his imbalanced system.


Would love to see more of your own words... or is it your style to quote other posters from other forums when convenient?
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
User avatar
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland
National Flag:
Northern Ireland
Has thanked: 589 times
Been thanked: 679 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby nonbaryonic » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:50 pm

Badger wrote:
nonbaryonic wrote:Hey guys, just joined this forum after browsing for years. Basti's departure almost made me go into a severe depression of sorts. In my opinion, it's all Guardiola and of course KHR's backing. Found an amazing post on another forum regarding our wonderkid Pep - I couldn't have said it better so just re-posting it here.


lately the clash between pro/anti Pep members has been getting somewhat aggressive with members on both camps accusing the other side of either being irrationally negative.
for the last time I am making this post to put things out there. explaining things from my own point of view as an ANTI-PEP person.

do I hate Pep?
nope, can't hate a person that I never met.
I don't hate Pep as a person.

Do I think Pep is an Asshole?
Yes, the way he conducted himself on several occasions warrant me the right to call him that, the way he treated the American coach, the medical staff and most of all how he lied to us all (more on that last point later)

But, Do I hate how he managed Bayern in the last two seasons?
Yes I do. But does that make me a hater?
in my own mind, no. I don't think so.

Do I think I can do a better job than Pep?
No, that's somewhat a silly question.
the world of sports is a form of entertainment. as a fan/audience you don't need to be a critic/expert to tell if the play you are watching is good or it sucks. it's similar to that in football, I maybe don't have experience to train superstars on day to day basis, but I can sure tell when I am watching a horrible match.

so what are those valid concerns I mentioned in the subject of this post?

- Pep is a lair
for me this reason alone is more than enough to make me never trust him.
anyone who would deny this point is an outright hypocrite Pep Fanboy.
earlier in one of his press conferences he said that he will adapt to the players not the other way around.
sadly this was a lie. and everything he done from that point forward negates that statement, the recent departure of Basti is a further prove of that statement being a lie.

- Formations & Fluidity
Pro Pep members often say that even football experts are no longer able to predict Pep's lineup and formations, that's how fluid Bayern have become, every player can play in every position.

I believe that it's totally false, I believe Pep keeps changing lineups and formations because he's still stuck in the experiment phase with Bayern.
Yes, two years coaching a team but still stuck in that phase. the reason for that is his inability to adapt to the players he has in his disposal but rather trying hard to enforce his only football tactic he knows on the players.

Pro Pep fans will say that Injuries forced him to change formations a lot.
also false.
Because injuries doesn't enforce you to play with 3 men defense with Rafinha as your LCB, against the most deadly attacking trio in the world.
Injuries doesn't enforce you to push your defensive lineup so far up the pitch and even though you get punished for it over and over again, you still stand there and do nothing about it.

the only tactic he knows (not my words, he openly admitted that) are not made for humans, it's for robots.
his tactics doesn't take into consideration that his players are actually humans, and humans make mistakes.
his tactics are heavily dependent on precision passing inside the opponents half, which means in order for his tactics to work, the defensive line MUST BE pushed so high up the pitch to help maintain the ball in the opponents half, but with that comes the risk of being destroyed by the counters, especially if you are playing against a team that can execute counters.
Pep is trying to seek perfection with his playing style, but that style focuses too much on attack and totally neglects the defense.

football needs a practical mind, not one that seeks perfection in a team made of humans.
remember how Inter/Chlease managed to beat his Barcelona side?

- Pep is fake
I don't believe that Pep is a world class coach, he wouldn't make it into my top-10 list of best coaches around the world.
not only that his success are bound to one team, but rather bound to certain type of players, if he doesn't have those players, he wont succeed.

stubborn to a severely imbalanced system that needs robots to pull it perfectly. and even so it still will fail because of it's defensive deficiencies.

he said he wont change his playing style, and I firmly believe we wont have any success with that outside of the normal Bundesliga challenge, therefore I wish he leaves soon.

From best in the world to Mediocre
Lahm -- some people will say that Lahm was actually great in CDM position before he got his leg broken. I disagree I think he was good at best, nothing special, no where near how important he was in the right back.
people also argue that Rafinha was good in RB, I also disagree.
because "Good" is simply not enough when you used to have the BEST in the world there.
Lahm's movement, defense, overlaps and crosses are easily 10 times better than what Rafinha can ever do.

Alaba/Bernart
same argument here, Alaba is actually good in CM, a lot better than what Lahm will ever be. but still he was the BEST as LB. I also like Bernart a lot. and I think he can develop into a world class LB. still his lack of experience and his defensive weaknesses makes me question, did we actually needed a CM that bad that we convert our BEST IN THE WORLD full backs into CMs?
My answer is no.

The Martinez/Basti due
The injury excuse will be used here again. I only have two things to say about this;
where is Basti now?
When Martinez was injured last year, did we buy a CB or CDM as his replacement?


The transformation is almost complete.
yep, the transformation of Bayern into a Barcelona wanna be team is almost complete.
with Basti gone, the emptying process of our midfield of any players with defensive qualities (Destroyers or otherwise) are almost complete.
we are only left with an old Alonso, and a young unfavorable Rode.

I don't think Bayern performance against Top teams in the bundesliga or outside it will improve this year, because Pep will continue to play and enforce his imbalanced system.


Would love to see more of your own words... or is it your style to quote other posters from other forums when convenient?


It is my style to quote other posters from other forums when convenient (and when I can't be arsed to type the same thing)
User avatar
nonbaryonic
Getting the hang of it
 
Years of membership
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:53 pm
Location: New York
National Flag:
India
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 10 times
Gender: Male

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby pyrasur » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:58 pm

yawn
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
User avatar
pyrasur
I'm a post king!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 3839
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 am
National Flag:
United States of America
Has thanked: 2175 times
Been thanked: 1801 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Re: Pep Guardiola [Josep Guardiola i Sala]

Postby Badger » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:07 pm

pyrasur wrote:yawn


Sadly, yawning doesn't help. You'll almost certainly meet the couple of points in that post rehashed and regurgitated many many times.

I wonder whether something like it could be turned into a PepRaus FAQ, and posted somewhere. Then every time the same old stuff comes up again we could yawn, point to the FAQ and clarify that we've heard it all before - right there. It would also be a great saving for those posters who can't be arsed retyping the stuff.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
User avatar
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 928
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:23 pm
Location: Northern Ireland
National Flag:
Northern Ireland
Has thanked: 589 times
Been thanked: 679 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

PreviousNext

Return to Bayern Player & Staff Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: zozon and 16 guests